Durability and aging of Azur neverfull

I have an azur Noe and I only wear it during the summer (so 3 months out of the year). I don't tend to wear jeans during the summer so that hasn't been an issue. It was purchased the year it was introduced and looks new. A good friend has an azur neverfull mm and wears jeans all the time plus carries the bag a few months longer than I do; she also carries hers in the crook of her elbow vs over her shoulder; she told me she doesn't wear it with brand new color items (black, jeans, red. blue) in case of transfer. Once the clothing item has been washed a few times, she doesn't worry about it. Her's looks gorgeous!

I've bought a preloved azur speedy I blame this thread lol! Now I'm trying to figure out a good bag shaper for it? If anyone had good ideas/if this topic has a thread please point me in the right direction xx

Divide and Conquer on Etsy makes inserts that are designed specifically for the Speedy. I have a couple and they're good quality.

Reactions: Reph89
I've bought a preloved azur speedy I blame this thread lol! Now I'm trying to figure out a good bag shaper for it? If anyone had good ideas/if this topic has a thread please point me in the right direction xx

I, too, blame my new purchase in parts to this threat. If I can manage tonight, I will also do a reveal of my new goodies [emoji4]

Personally, I cannot recommend a base shaper for the Speedy. I had one for mine in the beginning until my SA pointed out to me that a bag shaper can damage the "created corners" of your bag. I immediately removed mine and have not used it ever since. Just my two cents.

I, too, blame my new purchase in parts to this threat. If I can manage tonight, I will also do a reveal of my new goodies [emoji4]

Personally, I cannot recommend a base shaper for the Speedy. I had one for mine in the beginning until my SA pointed out to me that a bag shaper can damage the "created corners" of your bag. I immediately removed mine and have not used it ever since. Just my two cents.

I bought base shapers for both the Delightful and the Totally.
To avoid corner wear I purchased the PM size. Works perfectly.

If my handles got to the point of being very dark and dirty, I would replace them. It is cheaper than getting a new bag, plus I like my canvas to be nice and soft from use. I replaced the handles on my mono speedy a few years ago because the original handles were ruined (it was my first LV and I didn't take good care of it).

Does anyone here do that?

I have! I've replaced my Speedy 30 Mono handles because the glaze actually seemed to melt together (stuck the handles to each other) when I was on vacation. I took/take excellent care of it so I was really surprised it happened. When I brought it to the store, they noticed a chap was wrinkled and told me it should've never been sold to me in the first place because it was considered a defect. I was so excited when I bought it as it was my first luxury piece that I didn't even notice! Sadly, I still had to pay almost $300 for handle replacement. I felt they shouldn't have charged me because it seemed like they found many parts of the leather defective (and outright told me that) but I was too nervous and didn't want to argue. It is 9 years old, the new handles are about 5ish, and looks beautiful!

Thankyou for all the pictures and comments ladies!
I'm not sure if I would want to replace the handles. Seems too much of a hassle for me :sad:
I went to the store today and tried on the NF GM and artsy. They were both gorgeous and I couldn't make up my mind. Still debating about the azur tough... it's a beautiful print but I'm worried about the color transfer and the patina. I feel like it's more of a "live in the moment" type of a bag:loveeyes:View attachment 3619424

I posted above about getting the handles replaced, but it wasn't too bad of a hassle! Luckily I have 2 LVs that are close for me so I was able to drop it off easily and had it back in about 6 weeks, all shiny and new. I don't have experience with color transfer because as much as I love Azur I don't have anything in that print yet, but I can vouch for the handle/leather replacement not being too bad, especially if you are close to a store. It's funny I didn't like a dark patina on the Azur at first then it totally grew on me! I live in Philadelphia so we often have cold snowy winters and I actually like it for the winter too, it almost looks like a "winter white"!

ETA: I had Speedy handles replaced but if I ever wanted to on my Mono NF MM, I wouldn't hesitate because in the end I discovered it was pretty painless. However both times I went in to drop off and pick up....I couldn't resist and also picked up SLGS!! haha

Reactions: Aliluvlv
I've had my DF Azur for a year and a half and I have carried it A LOT! No color transfer and the handle is a very light patina. I clean and condition it every couple of months and it's beautiful. I think that as long as you clean it regularly, it won't get dark and dirty looking. I don't baby mine at all and it's beautiful to wear in the winter as well.

What do you use to clean your bag?

I have! I've replaced my Speedy 30 Mono handles because the glaze actually seemed to melt together (stuck the handles to each other) when I was on vacation. I took/take excellent care of it so I was really surprised it happened. When I brought it to the store, they noticed a chap was wrinkled and told me it should've never been sold to me in the first place because it was considered a defect. I was so excited when I bought it as it was my first luxury piece that I didn't even notice! Sadly, I still had to pay almost $300 for handle replacement. I felt they shouldn't have charged me because it seemed like they found many parts of the leather defective (and outright told me that) but I was too nervous and didn't want to argue. It is 9 years old, the new handles are about 5ish, and looks beautiful!

I posted above about getting the handles replaced, but it wasn't too bad of a hassle! Luckily I have 2 LVs that are close for me so I was able to drop it off easily and had it back in about 6 weeks, all shiny and new. I don't have experience with color transfer because as much as I love Azur I don't have anything in that print yet, but I can vouch for the handle/leather replacement not being too bad, especially if you are close to a store. It's funny I didn't like a dark patina on the Azur at first then it totally grew on me! I live in Philadelphia so we often have cold snowy winters and I actually like it for the winter too, it almost looks like a "winter white"!

ETA: I had Speedy handles replaced but if I ever wanted to on my Mono NF MM, I wouldn't hesitate because in the end I discovered it was pretty painless. However both times I went in to drop off and pick up....I couldn't resist and also picked up SLGS!! haha

This makes me feel a lot better about possibility of replacing the handles in the future if I need to. Thankyou so much for sharing it! I also bought apple garde spray to protect the handles. I'm ready for my new bag:yahoo:

Reactions: Phanatical

Congratulations on your new purse! I can't wait for the reveal :love:

Reactions: Quinni