Duomo or Berkeley?? Advice anyone??

If you've had the bag 35+ days, you must have thought you were happy with it. So I'd say keep the Duomo, you are probably just getting caught up in the "next new bag" hype. I get caught up in it all the time and make hasty dicisions.

Thanks for all the great advice! I have not yet carried the duomo...I happily stare at it :nuts:. I have a monogram riveting which I carry right now. I lke this bag, but with two kids under the age of 2, I am always scared the vachetta on the bottom is going to get spilled on. When I drive, I put the bag on a towel on the seat next to me (LOL). Anyway, that's why I started to look into the damier canvas line...no worries about stains! I think I will have to see the berkeley in person...I do like the shape of the duomo!! AAAAKKK, I must be nuts!!! So, the second part of my question was are the duomo and berkeley too similar to have both? :shrugs: Does anyone have input? Thanks!! :cutesy:

I had the exact same thought as you - the Duomo or the Berkeley. And yes, I think they are too similar - unless you buy the azur Berkeley, that I think it will work. I myself buy as different as possible because it is lot of money for a bag, and I want to "spread" my money so I get the most of it - a bag for every occasion.

No matter what, stick with the one that makes you go "wow"! First impression is often lasting. It was for me - I wanted the Duomo, waitlisted for the Berkeley just to be sure but still ended up with the Duomo. No regrets:yes:

So I went back and fourth between duomo and berkeley pics on the lv.com site...I agree with you CatOnIce about the "wow" factor and the idea of "spreading" money. I am going to keep the duomo because, to me, it just seems more subtle and versatile (dress it up or down). I like the berkeley, but love the duomo more! :nuts: Now it's time to save up for a suhali lockit pm in verone!!! :wacko: I really appreciate everyone's comments...thank you all for the time and inspiring words!!!

Thanks for all the great advice! I have not yet carried the duomo...I happily stare at it :nuts:. I have a monogram riveting which I carry right now. I lke this bag, but with two kids under the age of 2, I am always scared the vachetta on the bottom is going to get spilled on. When I drive, I put the bag on a towel on the seat next to me (LOL). Anyway, that's why I started to look into the damier canvas line...no worries about stains! I think I will have to see the berkeley in person...I do like the shape of the duomo!! AAAAKKK, I must be nuts!!! So, the second part of my question was are the duomo and berkeley too similar to have both? :shrugs: Does anyone have input? Thanks!! :cutesy:

?Yes they are similar. I love both...got the Duomo a couple years ago...and got the Berkeley earlier today! The Berkeley is more Duomo meets Hamstead. Enjoy to whichever you decide!;)

So I went back and fourth between duomo and berkeley pics on the lv.com site...I agree with you CatOnIce about the "wow" factor and the idea of "spreading" money. I am going to keep the duomo because, to me, it just seems more subtle and versatile (dress it up or down). I like the berkeley, but love the duomo more! :nuts: Now it's time to save up for a suhali lockit pm in verone!!! :wacko: I really appreciate everyone's comments...thank you all for the time and inspiring words!!!

Once again - exactly like me!;) I like the Berkeley, but love the Duomo - it is more versatile because you can use it with everything - dress it up or down. I bought it on 1th. December and it has since been the bag I use every day. And now I´m considering the suhali lockit verone! ;) Do tell if you buy it ( before me:P)

Congrats on your beautiful and classy Duomo!:tup:

~I love the both bags, each has each own unique style;) We will always want the newer style bag-it's the never ending torture:graucho:I think it's best if you can look at both bags and see which one makes your heart:heart:skips a beat...then you'll know. Good luck, either one you'll have a lovely bag~