Duffle With Leather Bottom?

HauteMama

O.G.
Sep 22, 2006
When I was out on Saturday I passed a woman carrying a khaki signature medium duffle with leather on the bottom. It was gorgeous. I suppose it could have been a fake, as I only saw it in passing, but at the time I was sure it was real.

So my question is did they make the duffle with leather on the bottom? The ones from this year look odd to me because it seems they should have leather on the bottom to correspond to the top, and also to protect the bag when it is set down. Did they do that in years past, or did they do it with a similar bag?

Anyway, any info anyone can provide would be great. I'd love a duffle just like that, and haven't purchased one this year because I want it to have a leather bottom! If they made them that way in the past, then maybe there is a chance they will do it again in the future!

we've just changed the duffles from a signature body, with leather on bottom, and two buckles on the sides on the top of the bag.

now it's buckleless, and only has leather on the top, not bottom.

so probably it was real? can't tell w/o pics but we did have one.

Do all of the ones you guys mentioned have finished leather on the bottom, or is is suede? I have seen the duffles with the suede bottoms, but those seemed rather impractical to me, too.

I had a khaki signature duffle with leather on the bottom also, no buckles. I bought it in 2004, and sold it on ebay earlier this year. It was very pretty, but didn't hold as much as I carry, so I didn't use it much.

273182670_1547ff909f_m.jpg

Leather, not suede. I have one from last winter with the suede bottom/buckles also. This is what I have from '04 - actually it was my first Coach ever.