Dudes and their Diors

I am considering to get this trench coat from Dior but online as it will be much cheaper but only size EU46/UK36 is available.

However, I am not sure about the sizing. I have another coat from Saint Laurent in size 42, it hugs my body just right.

Or i can still order this one and have it altered professionally. LOLLL
View attachment 4872626
A Saint Laurent 42 is very small. I have one Saint Laurent jacket in that size and it fits very tight on me. Dior sizing under Kim Jones tends to run oversized or relaxed, so a Dior 46 would be much larger than the Saint Laurent 42. Professional alteration can help, but it generally shortens the sleeves, the hem, takes in the sides, and any more modification would be using the coat as fabric to make another coat because the patterns used to make the coat would have to be cut again to make the coat look normal. For instance, even moving the shoulders would affect how the arm hole meets the sleeves.

A Saint Laurent 42 is very small. I have one Saint Laurent jacket in that size and it fits very tight on me. Dior sizing under Kim Jones tends to run oversized or relaxed, so a Dior 46 would be much larger than the Saint Laurent 42. Professional alteration can help, but it generally shortens the sleeves, the hem, takes in the sides, and any more modification would be using the coat as fabric to make another coat because the patterns used to make the coat would have to be cut again to make the coat look normal. For instance, even moving the shoulders would affect how the arm hole meets the sleeves.

I am thinking what to get for xmas and this coat is one of my options. I will probably get something else instead. I have always wanted a pair of B23 in white LOL

Reactions: averagejoe
Popped into the boutique and unexpectedly picked up this piece. I've been looking for an easy, worry-free cross body for a while and loved that this was subtle but still had a bit of that Oblique magic with leather trimming. Also love the detachable strap, making it super versatile.
View attachment 4880796
Wow! Is it Oblique nylon? It looks very worry-free and easy to use!

This shirt was restocked from SS20 randomly, and unfortunately my SA was only able to hold the two sizes that are normally larger than my regular size, because he wasn't there when the item was restocked without announcement, and other SAs battled over this shirt for their clients. I had to order my size from a different SA, from Montreal!

Here is it is in two sizes up from my regular size, which was way too loose for my liking, and could not be altered because it is a knit:
20201017_161528.jpg

And I finally got it in my size from Montreal:
20201021_183054.jpg20201021_183113.jpg20201021_183135.jpg
I'm so happy that I own this shirt now. I missed out on SS2020 because I didn't even know this existed. By the time I noticed it, there was only one size left at my local boutique.

When images of the Oblique Tapestry B23s I knew I had to have them!!! I was never super drawn to the B23 style with all the plastic finishes, but the ‘carpet’ fabric was just too cool! And then they didn’t make it into production with the Winter collection, so I decided it wasn’t meant to be. Fast forward to the updated Spring version with the added bright blue details, and they were again on my radar! And I’m so fortunate that my SA was able to secure me a pair (our boutique only received one of each size).

B13B6ADE-0360-4D78-847A-5B3BB526D8DA.jpeg

Went to collect them today with @averagejoe, only to find out it’s his birthday! Happy Birthday!!! So his SA brought us champagne to toast to his good health.

784062FB-8F36-4555-BFA0-0EC23E12E8E3.jpeg

My OOTD, please disregard my Nike’s hiding in the background lol.

B974BA96-3A8B-4667-8787-9D8499FFE534.jpeg
7AEC8A19-3DFE-4158-8B95-53219FF8B63E.jpeg
Wearing a Navy Dior overshirt with oblique detail on the pocket, Oblique interior Jean jacket, my Studded Lady Dior, Danseuse Etoile choker, and Scarab ring (cruise 2020).

In preparation for a new pair of shoes that I will buy soon, my SA enticed me to get these socks, which are ridiculously overpriced $410 CAD!!! I hope that they don't shred or get holes too easily, considering the price. Not sure why these are $150 more than the other Oblique socks that they have, which have exactly the same materials. He also gave me and my brother scented candles as gifts.

The holiday packaging is absolutely beautiful! It is metallized in some areas. I saw some people with the bag before going into the store, and I wanted to buy something just to get the bag!
20201114_180635.jpg20201114_180724.jpg20201114_181140.jpg20201114_181316.jpg20201114_181403.jpg

In preparation for a new pair of shoes that I will buy soon, my SA enticed me to get these socks, which are ridiculously overpriced $410 CAD!!! I hope that they don't shred or get holes too easily, considering the price. Not sure why these are $150 more than the other Oblique socks that they have, which have exactly the same materials. He also gave me and my brother scented candles as gifts.

The holiday packaging is absolutely beautiful! It is metallized in some areas. I saw some people with the bag before going into the store, and I wanted to buy something just to get the bag!
View attachment 4906102View attachment 4906103

Apparently the higher price is because is more winter material ( is what my SA told me )