Dress Shopping

I like them both, but maybe for evening the Juliet because it's strapless? And definitely in the wine colour - that makes it dressier and definitely for evening.

BTW, is it just me or is this dress really pretty: the Robin dress from jcrew

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WomenBrowse/Women_Shop_By_Category/dresses/weddingsparties/PRDOVR~11455/11455.jsp

Thinking I'm liking it in navy...

It is verrrrrrry pretttty! I didn't even notice this dress! I think because it was in white so I scrolled right through it! Now that you point it out, I see that it comes in different colors! You should totally get it!!! Navy is very regal....LOVE IT! :tup:

I found a few other dresses and they're lace. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

Attachments

• edressme_2036_35969556.jpg
    edressme_2036_35969556.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 28
  • edressme_2039_123601094.jpg
    edressme_2039_123601094.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 33
  • edressme_2039_171605664.jpg
    edressme_2039_171605664.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 37
  • edressme_2040_21817252.jpg
    edressme_2040_21817252.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 35
  • edressme_2041_7997943.jpg
    edressme_2041_7997943.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 27
By the way, did I mention I am the sister of the bride??? :sweatdrop:

No you did not! Exciting! But pressure - sister's wedding and all...

I like the Cecelia dress - and both navy and the vintage burgundy look classic and elegant. I think you could do either, just whichever you prefer and you can work accessories with better.

So are you bridal party?

No you did not! Exciting! But pressure - sister's wedding and all...

I like the Cecelia dress - and both navy and the vintage burgundy look classic and elegant. I think you could do either, just whichever you prefer and you can work accessories with better.

So are you bridal party?

Thanks! I think I am gonna go into JCrew this weekend and try some dresses on to see how they look on.

Nope! I'm not on the bridal party. I was on it originally, but then later we found (or so we were told by the older people) that it conflicted with some of the Chinese traditions because I'm married. I guess according to the traditions, everyone in the court cannot be married, must be single gals and guys.

So I went from having someone telling me this is going to be your dress to I have to look for my own dress! I think looking for my own dress is more stressful than having the bride tell me what to wear. I want to look nice because sister of the bride and all, but look appropriate, you know what I mean!?! Pressure~~~~~ :hrmm:

Yeah I know - you have to look perfect but you don't get the 'guidance' you get as a bridesmaid. Pressure indeed...

It's a great idea to try some dresses on first. I was browsing the JCrew website yesterday and checked out some of the dresses in the 'wedding - for the bride' section, just out of interest... There are actual bridal dresses there! And they look great but I can't imagine buying my wedding dress off the internet - I'd definitely want to check how it looked on beforehand!

Post some pictures when you decide on a dress!