Dreams do come true. PSA THE ALEXA IS BACK!

I‘m new to Mulberry bags, so can you explain your thought about the different leather on the Alexa? The newer bags appear in pebbled leather but there are also (older?) bags in smooth nappa lamb leather. Which one do you prefer an why? Thank you ladies!
I think the original Alexas (made in the UK) were better quality (thicker leather) and nice and slouchy.

Of the new Alexas I have seen in the outlets (I have not been to the boutique yet), those are made only for the outlets (made in Vietnam) and there is definitely a mass market/mass produced feel to the leather which seemed thinner or more lightweight. Even comparing those to the Bayswaters made in Turkey in the outlets, the Bayswater leather was better quality.

I've read some reviews of Mulberry outlets and shoppers complain the sales people give the false impression everything is made in the UK (when it's clearly not) and get snobby when you ask to check - so if the place of manufacture is an issue I would check the labels (which Mulberry makes very difficult to find).

Reactions: ViennaCalling
I made the purchase. I finally got the chalk color. If anyone planning to buy the mini Alexa, farfetch is the best place to purchase. I saved about $100 dollars with a 10% off and also from taxes. I only see the black available and the lime green. It could fit a lot but down size is that you can’t fit a long wallet.

Attachments

• 4DA69A75-9287-44BC-B9EA-9E9E9A9FF02E.jpeg
    4DA69A75-9287-44BC-B9EA-9E9E9A9FF02E.jpeg
    259 KB · Views: 122

Now I don't understand Thai, but this video posted by this lady right here is so helpful as she browsed the local Mulberry store there. I never tempted to get a Roxanne, but after looking at her modelling it, I might!

Lots of Alexas being modelled too, ughh! If only they had a store here in Vancouver :sad:

She also posted an older video, featuring an up-close on Mulberry mini alexa here. Also featured is the all-black oversized Alexa which had me drooling!

OS Alexa was my first designer bag love, but I missed out on it. I have an oak soft buffalo medium Alexa and a pickle green medium Alexa in calf leather.
I am somewhat excited about the return of Alexa, but I am not sure, if I like the new version enough to finally get an oak OS.
I have to agree that the bags look kind of mass produced and I am not sure if I like the leather. I do like the texture of the leather and the fact that the bag is unlined. I could also live with a stiffer leather as I like my calf leather Lexy better than my soft buffalo Lexy.
I do not like that top handle. :eek:But I want to check it out irl definitely.

I do not like the top handle either. I have a regaular Alexa in slate blue but if I didn't manage to acquire her the first time around, I think I would definitely purchase the new version and try to ignore the funky top handle. I would love to have a Black on Black oversized Alexa in the new version to use for going to Court, she would look amazing with my Black suits and Black shirts. I think I can ignore the funky top handle for her but I need to have a good look at her in store.

A mini red one would be nice :smile: or darker taupe :smile:

Unless more colours pop up with silver HW then i will go with the mini chestnut with gold HW.

I'd love to see some gunmetal hardware and some same colour hardware like the Black on Black. Silver hardware is always my first choice, gold and brass is always my last as all of the gold jewellery I wear is white gold and I don't like mixing metals.

I know! I think we have consumer-power to thank for the return of this bag. Mulberry's CEO said that following the launch of the Mulberry Exchange earlier this year, the most requested bag was the Alexa so they decided to relaunch it to coincide with the 50th anniversary. Hopefully it's not a limited run and becomes part of their permanent collection. I note that at the moment the bag is only available on the Mulberry site.

I think Mulberry would be missing out on a fair amount of revenue if they didn't make the Alexa a classic.

Fingers crossed that Alexa will be added into Mulberry's permanent collection. It's a classic at this point. It combines the classic aesthetic of a old satchel bag with a casual slouchiness. I never knew I liked slouchy bags until I saw mulberry's alexas and Proenza schouler ps1 bags.

I have the PS11 classic but the PS1 remains on my wish list and I will have her one day!