Dream closets......minimalist to maximalist

Im so glad to hear I’m not the only ‘hanger addict’ on tpf. Huggable hangers are great. And super space efficient. I used them until I found the petite shoulder rubberized wooden ones, after reducing my wardrobe, I jumped on them. They do require more space and I have to keep my hanging clothing pared down to make them work...but with my “obsessive closet issues” I no longer think that I’ll use any particular hangers ‘forever’. At least they’re a lot less expensive than handbags! I’d love to see photos of how you use your closet space.....
Would you post some photos of different types of hangers you ve chosen and what you rejected? I ve been clearing and reorganising mine since March- perhaps that's where I go wrong..

These are the hangers I was previously using for tunics and dresses. Although they are the traditional length, the rounded, molded shape supported the shoulders of the clothing, but the width did not allow for more than a few pieces to fit on the rod.
331871BA-9FC4-4D01-B070-609FCAA0563E.jpeg
The two hanger styles no longer seeing any closet action. Thin velvet and bulky molded.
ABC34783-EE8E-4233-A66B-E6BFB8449B03.jpeg
Widths: The first hanger (below) is one that I used some time ago. It’s very thin so it takes up little space but it left some ‘dimples’ on the garments’ shoulders. The middle hanger is the petite version of what I am currently using. The wide hanger is the one above.
71C27791-ECDD-45BE-A0CF-08A5F75936A9.jpeg
The top hanger (below) is the new petite shoulder version I recenty found. At 15” it fits the shoulders of all my narrower pieces without leaving ‘dimples’. The bottom one is the traditional version, measuring 2 1/2” wider than the petite version. I can use these for jackets and some summer tunics.
04FA05BF-C573-47D9-B35C-4C6F7CCFA621.jpeg
This is the family portrait. Petite, traditional, pants, & skirts. (They also come in white.)
E09E7C63-9C8C-4DCE-9886-DCFE94EE13CC.jpeg
I moved folded jeans to hangers the other day where they can hang out with the other pants.
D9DD7C1C-BD69-473A-9661-9CDCB0F29939.jpeg
The other sections are pretty much the same as before, except the shelves that held the folded jeans now hold flannel boxes holding leggings and tank tops.
24D63251-6C66-4C1D-901E-5E7E6D2C4C37.jpeg
CA456A53-727E-45E0-B6AE-DCACB6357AC7.jpeg
There’s no doubt that I need a 12 step program for my closet obsession.....

Last edited:
My favorite place at Stanford Center........The Container Store. The petite version is only available online. The regular sized ones are in the stores. The molded plastic ones are also in the stores.....I think they are a really nice shape for jackets.

Reactions: ladysarah
These are the hangers I was previously using for tunics and dresses. Although they are the traditional length, the rounded, molded shape supported the shoulders of the clothing, but the width did not allow for more than a few pieces to fit on the rod.
View attachment 4059559
The two hanger styles no longer seeing any closet action. Thin velvet and bulky molded.
View attachment 4059566
Widths: The first hanger (below) is one that I used some time ago. It’s very thin so it takes up little space but it left some ‘dimples’ on the garments’ shoulders. The middle hanger is the petite version of what I am currently using. The wide hanger is the one above.
View attachment 4059562
The top hanger (below) is the new petite shoulder version I recenty found. At 15” it fits the shoulders of all my narrower pieces without leaving ‘dimples’. The bottom one is the traditional version, measuring 2 1/2” wider than the petite version. I can use these for jackets and some summer tunics.
View attachment 4059560
This is the family portrait. Petite, traditional, pants, & skirts. (They also come in white.)
View attachment 4059561
I moved folded jeans to hangers the other day where they can hang out with the other pants.
View attachment 4059614
The other sections are pretty much the same as before, except the shelves that held the folded jeans now hold flannel boxes holding leggings and tank tops.
View attachment 4059603
View attachment 4059602

Thank you for posting this in detail. It's very useful actually- that sort of care when choosing something can make all the difference between failure and success. I don't use velvet hangers - they get so dusty after a little use. I like wooden ones best- with a drop of essential oil now & then...

Thank you for posting this in detail. It's very useful actually- that sort of care when choosing something can make all the difference between failure and success. I don't use velvet hangers - they get so dusty after a little use. I like wooden ones best- with a drop of essential oil now & then...
I frequently have to work through several versions of things as I seek to find a working remedy to a current delimma. So I’m not surprised that I had to try different hanger styles. I prefer wooden also. The ones I chose are wooden but coated with a matte finish in black. Who would have thought that there’d be so many choices today?

Reactions: BBC and ladysarah
I frequently have to work through several versions of things as I seek to find a working remedy to a current delimma. So I’m not surprised that I had to try different hanger styles. I prefer wooden also. The ones I chose are wooden but coated with a matte finish in black. Who would have thought that there’d be so many choices today?
Yes we do have a lot of choice- perfect for us obsessivus. :biggrin: If you have a link where you bought this from please post it as I'd like to investigate further and indulge my obsessivus virus.

What kind of oil are you using for this? I am always scared that the clothes get stained.

View attachment 4059559
View attachment 4059566
View attachment 4059562
View attachment 4059560
View attachment 4059561
View attachment 4059614
View attachment 4059603
View attachment 4059602
I like your petite hangers - I need some of those. I love love love your Cabats! :love:

Reactions: diane278
View attachment 4059559
View attachment 4059566
View attachment 4059562
View attachment 4059560
View attachment 4059561
View attachment 4059614
View attachment 4059603
View attachment 4059602

Not at all, you just need to come over and sort my wardrobe out ;)

I like your petite hangers - I need some of those. I love love love your Cabats! :love:
Thank you! My cabats get a lot of use....

Not at all, you just need to come over and sort my wardrobe out ;)
I’ve had friends ask me to redo their closets....it’s not work, it’s entertainment for me! I do find that with limited space, flexibility is a must. Many of my shelves can be moved around and my hanging bars can be raised/lowered. It’s a good thing because I didn’t realize that I was going to end up with so many handbags......