Downgrade < Louis Vuitton < Upgrade

I think I've definitely had trouble falling in love with Coach bags the way I used to. I always think that I could get something from LV for what I'd spend for a unique Coach bag, and I don't want to spend less on a Coach bag that I know everyone has. I like some gucci/chanel stuff but it's usually either too expensive (chanel) or it's not quite what I love (gucci), so I've mostly stuck to LV :yes:

I used to purchase Coach when it was made in the USA and there were no outlets. After it moved it's manufacturing to China and the floor sets went on to outlets after 6 months, and they started giving you coupons instead of repairing your bag, the brand became A LOT less appealing to me. I moved on to LV and Chanel. I've had repair issues with Chanel where they've kept my (3 month old) bag for 6+ months and it came back with the issue unresolved.

Now I stick to LV (and hopefully) Hermes, when the new boutique opens next month.

I want a quality good made in a labor friendly area that the manufacturer will stand behind.

PHEW (gets off soapbox now) :sweatdrop:

I jumped from $14.99 TJ Maxx bags right into my first LV and skipped by Coach. I haven't purchased another TJ Maxx bag since. No turning back for me.

I jumped from $14.99 TJ Maxx bags right into my first LV and skipped by Coach. I haven't purchased another TJ Maxx bag since. No turning back for me.

i feel ya
i bypassed everything and went directly to LV! lol
i felt a natural connection (and my friend was whispering in my ear, literally) to make my first purchase :tup:

I used to be a coach girl but like many have said, once the outlets started to get the bags within a few months and the quality went down the drain I made my way over to louie (about 6 months ago) and I havn't looked back. Just with my own experience I have had 5 coach bags break within a month. One of which was a 800 bag and all of them could not be repaired. I want a quality made bag that I can use and not worry about and lv is that bag for me. I am slowly selling off my collection so that I can fund more lv bags!

No lady should have to wear a Coach bag IMHO. In fact I made my GF give hers away when I bought her the first LV. Coach is like ripoff or fake, sold under its own brand name, it's like an embarrassing mix of Gucci and LV "wannabe". Ooops, I'm getting out of line here ...not so humble anymore.

Anyways, it's like with other things -you raise the bar or you rather set a new standard -kind of difficult to go below that standard: you can only go higher. No reaching downwards ladies! Let your current standing and let your goals and social ambitions show.

l do understand what your saying, but l do go back to use my burberry...but honestly are LV and Chanel...l dont think l will buy....l would think what LV, can l get for that he he :smile:

I love LV but I also buy Marc Jacobs, Balenciaga, Bottegga Veneta, Gucci...so I guess mostly high end....I used to be a coach girl when I was younger, but I am more about quality not quantity anymore! expensive bags just appeal to me more....

once i got my LV it was no turning back... i feel that i've kinda matured from a lot of the coach/dooney stuff. I did dip into balenciaga... but for some reason I keep coming back to LV.

I totally downgraded. As of now, I only have 3 LV bags. In this recession it is just crazy to own so many bags (I am NOT knocking those who do indulge). Plus, I have discovered Marc by MJ bags which are much cheaper but still have yummy leather.