Double skirts - tiered skirts?

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
At first I thought it was tulle, but now I see it's a linen like fabric. Has anyone seen skirts like this anywhere? I wonder if it was handmade?

Oct 21, 2008
I own quite a few double layer skirts in different lengths and materials that I've collected over the years. All of them are made by Australian and New Zealand designers.

katran26

Bargain Hunter!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2008
Boston
There's a pretty Stella McCartney tiered skirt on sale at yoox for $148, size 10-12

Just thought I'd post it here ;) in case anyone likes it

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1407425789.552173.jpg

ebayBAGS

O.G.
Jul 13, 2008
I like the look of double layered skirts/skirts with overlay but when it's subtle. I bought one by BCBG this summer as a 2 piece outfit with a crop top. It's white in color so the overlay portion doesnt stand out so much even though the under skirt is significantly shorter.

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
I wish I could find one close to the original post photo (the red skirt). I like the way the next layer just peaks out.

ladysarah

O.G.
Jul 17, 2008
ladysarahinlondon
I wish I could find one close to the original post photo (the red skirt). I like the way the next layer just peaks out.
I like that very much too. I don't like any of the alternatives posted here. If you have more photos or the source of them post some more info about the red skirt. However I'd say it's either a high end piece or something custom made, at home or by a skilled person. There is a lot of fabric involved and the construction looks like it s expensive rather than a mass produced item.

cherry21

Certified Shopaholic
O.G.
Mar 13, 2006
Chicago IL
I like that very much too. I don't like any of the alternatives posted here. If you have more photos or the source of them post some more info about the red skirt. However I'd say it's either a high end piece or something custom made, at home or by a skilled person. There is a lot of fabric involved and the construction looks like it s expensive rather than a mass produced item.
I agree that it looks like something that was made (at home or by someone) but I don't think it looks like a high end piece. I know the unfinished hem is intentional but I think a high end designer would have added an additional lining so that you don't see the petticoat through the red fabric