Double Reveal!! (Whilst still clinging on to ban island!)

MapleLuxe

Nov 30, 2013
Now I think we all know I was having a serious dillema about the brown boy I had seen on here and fallen in love with. I am not really a brown person but there was something about the rich color combined with the gold hardwear than made me drool. Thank you to all the ladies who replied to my last thread.. I went in with brown bag suitable clothing which definitely helped me make my mind up!

I wont drag it out.. here she is!! :yahoo:
Although I went in hoping they would have the new medium size they only had old medium. I am actually very happy with the size as I think with the brown color it works well. Any more and it would be too much brown on me if that makes sense!
So this is the Brown Boy in Caviar with antiqued gold hardwear!
:love: FINALLY SHE IS MINE!

Just to clarify something to any ladies on the brown boy look out! There are two very similar bags out at the moment (plus the brown with the dallas tips!) At one point I was going crazy because I could have sworn the metal was not antiqued gold but more true gold. It was.. just on a different bag!

One is a caramel dark tan with gold hardwear in Lambskin
The other is a caramel brown with antiqued gold hardwear in Caviar!

Personally I prefer the gold hardwear that comes with the lambskin but I prefer the color and durability of the caviar bag as it is more true brown. I feel the lambskin is a tiny bit too much on the yellow side for my tastes when you take it near sunlight. In shop lighting it looks more tan.. but as usual Chanel lighting is a little deceptive. DH preferred the look of Caviar and as it was his treat for my up and coming birthday.. I have not actually violated Ban Island terms and conditions!:graucho:

But that wasn't the only bag that came home with me... anyone have any psychic skills and want to take a guess who bag no 2 is?

It has been ever present on my wish list but finally before prices go up again again it became a reality.. Beige Caviar Classic Double Flap in Medium with GHW.:love: A true classic piece and perfect for summer lunch dates, evenings & nights.

Thank you to my DH for making my bag wishes come true. It's been a tough year but shopping therapy and closet cleansing (and life cleansing) does help!!

That's all from me reveal wise for this year ladies. Obviously I am not at all going anywhere and I will post a family portrait at some point very shortly (want to cull a bag or two first) but I must say.. despite missing perhaps a red lambskin from my collection.. with the constant price increases I think my collection really is done. A pity but funds must go elsewhere in the future. Now that I have my classics and vitals down.. there is no point buying one single bag when elsewhere it can get you 3! Sad but true!

Thanks everyone! :smile:

Congrats on 2 gorgeous bags. Saks has the new medium if you wanted that size.

Thanks for letting me know but I'm in Germany! Unfortunately I have to pay tax if I order from Saks USA! We have that size here too and I can get it from London but I was impatient and wanted it NOW! :graucho: I think 2 more days wait would have been torture!!!