Double Eyelid Glue for Asian Eyes

heyy i have eye talk too! but mine is in a pink bottle? and another one i use is "eye charm" .. its half the price when i buy it in HK.. when i got it here it was $10 and $5 it's not expensive : P but its good to save money .. ahaha and i became inspired to use glue because my friend's mom used it and after a year or so her eyelids became permanent!

btw, there is a new kind of tape.. they come in these kindersurprise shaped containers. and they are double sided sticky fiber sort of thing..

i've been using glue for.. a little over 1/2 a year.. and my eyelids have not stretched.. and i think that if it did it would stretch just enough for the double eyelid to look natural and nice.. JMO..

good luck : )

btw i put on glue in the morning, re-glue after i shower

Actually eyelid glue does end up screwing the skin up, like... it 'loosens' it. Oh I don't know how to explain. Basically, you're stretching parts of the lid to make a crease and gluing it together, which will cause the skin to stretch.

yea, eye glue does loosen up the skin. Use eye cream every night!

I should add that I personally don't need the glue but I do use the double eye-lid take for photo shoots and shows on models and that is ONLY to even out the eyes. Symmetry is very important.

ya, I agree with the others. I don't think it's a good idea to use either the glue or the tape.

I'm lucky to be born with somewhat big eyes for an asian person. I have a big crease/wrinkle (thanks to my mom who has HUGE eyes and 4-5 LAYERS of creases!), but I've still tried tape which my eyes really SWOLLEN. The other thing is that once you put it on, it looks unnatural and I can't put eye shadow on top or underneath it.
As for surgery, it's an option, but I think it's always best to work with what you have first. Eg. the model Hye Park has no eye crease but with the correct makeup technique, I think it gives her a really exotic oriental look. Or personally, I know that my left eye has slightly a smaller crease than my right (that's why I tried using the tape to even them out), but now I really like my "crooked" eyes lol. It's harder to do my eye makeup but I've managed to love my "imperfection".

I have seen this trend pretty often.
I have double eyelids, but I think singles look fine!

Honestly, I never understood the issue?

(No offense. )

:smile:

Eh well it doesn't help when the Asian mothers go on and on about how much better double eyelids look and that 'your daughter should consider surgery'.

Well ok to be fair, my mum never did that, although I know exactly what her stance on eyes are. She doesn't vocalise it though. My aunts did.

Does the tape/glue look funny? Does it scrunch up or become unsticky throughout the day?

TBH I wouldn't bother with tape or glue - even the double eyelid operation results I have seen don't seem to make that much difference. The eye shape still stays the same (you don't look at them and go "WHOA - that's not an Asian eye!") and the double lid is pretty small - I don't think most people would even notice if someone had a single or double eyelid!

Asian eyes are beautiful and they suit the faces they belong to - why would you want to change them, especially if the results arent noticeable to other people?!

I think single eyelids are so attractive. For example, I love Lucy Liu's eyes. We always want what we don't have, but yet we don't realize that those exact "flaws" might be our best features to others.

I've always considered a single lid beautiful!! My mom has them, and I wish I'd inherited them... just be careful if you insist on gluing them. The video makes it seem a bit risky poking your eye like that.

Eh well it doesn't help when the Asian mothers go on and on about how much better double eyelids look and that 'your daughter should consider surgery'.

Well ok to be fair, my mum never did that, although I know exactly what her stance on eyes are. She doesn't vocalise it though. My aunts did.

To be honest, I'm a medical student and I'd like to become a plastic surgeon in the future. I support people who want to have their body parts changed or enhanced in subtle ways such that they still retain some of their original looks. As much as I speak positively for this field, I think no mother or family member should have a say on what their daughters (let alone OTHER people's daughters; they have no business here and it is utterly rude of anyone to judge another's physical appearance) should look like. No matter how subtle the results are, changes to one's body are a serious and drastic decision, and it should come from the person himself/herself, and NOT as a consequence or end-result of another person's opinion. Unless of course there are serious psychosocial issues in which one should have some consultations or therapy first before considering plastic surgery.
Just my opinion in general, and not solely directed at you.
I just get irritated when OTHERS want to control or make decisions for another. Suggestions are always welcome, but it is just inappropriate to comment on another person's looks imo, especially if no one asked for their opinion and since THAT person who's speaking probably has "imperfections" as well.

To be honest, I'm a medical student and I'd like to become a plastic surgeon in the future. I support people who want to have their body parts changed or enhanced in subtle ways such that they still retain some of their original looks. As much as I speak positively for this field, I think no mother or family member should have a say on what their daughters (let alone OTHER people's daughters; they have no business here and it is utterly rude of anyone to judge another's physical appearance) should look like. No matter how subtle the results are, changes to one's body are a serious and drastic decision, and it should come from the person himself/herself, and NOT as a consequence or end-result of another person's opinion. Unless of course there are serious psychosocial issues in which one should have some consultations or therapy first before considering plastic surgery.
Just my opinion in general, and not solely directed at you.
I just get irritated when OTHERS want to control or make decisions for another. Suggestions are always welcome, but it is just inappropriate to comment on another person's looks imo, especially if no one asked for their opinion and since THAT person who's speaking probably has "imperfections" as well.

Lol nono... i'm not getting surgery or anything. I already have big Russian eyes... the only thing I inherited from my grandmother... well the only part of me that looks even remotely Russian.

I'm just trying to explain why there are some Asian women out there who want double eyelids. I'm sure it baffles people who grew up in Western cultures or just Westerners in general. Back in the day it was considered that Eurasians were the best looking women in Asia, or at least in Japan and Taiwan, so my parents and aunt's generation all prefer double eyelids and resent single eyelids. When our generation came out, people became more comfortable with what they had, but I know a few of my cousins did get surgery, and one of them was because she felt ugly because her aunts always commented on how she should get surgery because her eyes are so small. And it's horrible really. The other two made their own decision, one of them did it because her other eyelid was double and she hated them different. The other one had really, really tiny droopy eyes and I must admit, she does look better. But I also have cousins with single eyelids that look great.

But I agree, surgery has to be the person's own decision.