Dooney FLORENTINE Clubhouse!!

Brendutch: Be patient. Chances are that bag will be on sale on QVC or show up on ILD
by next spring. For $500 the bag should be perfect.

I understand your reaction to the feet....
the Toscana collection had the same 'felt' feet. I have several bags from that collection.
The feet were fine as long as I didn't obsess about them. But, although they called the
Toscana collection the Florentine Toscana, the leather behaved differently. The Toscana
leather scratched and it could not be buffed out. Also, I got water marks on my red Toscana
satchel and they dried and left stains behind. So, I'd advise more research on this new
collection to be sure it's worth big bucks.

Brendutch: Be patient. Chances are that bag will be on sale on QVC or show up on ILD
by next spring. For $500 the bag should be perfect.

I understand your reaction to the feet....
the Toscana collection had the same 'felt' feet. I have several bags from that collection.
The feet were fine as long as I didn't obsess about them. But, although they called the
Toscana collection the Florentine Toscana, the leather behaved differently. The Toscana
leather scratched and it could not be buffed out. Also, I got water marks on my red Toscana
satchel and they dried and left stains behind. So, I'd advise more research on this new
collection to be sure it's worth big bucks.
I hope they bring these bags to ILD or Dooney. com. I just noticed they bringing back old Florentine colors to QVC, and that's fantastic! I will wait. On the other hand, I don't have any Toscana leather bags. It's good to know about your experience with them. Thank you for always giving helpful advice to the forum!

I recorded the Dooney show on QVC last week.... and was excited to see a full hour of
only Florentine handbags. Almost like the old days, with more colors and some of the
beautifully detailed styles appearing again. I remember that medium sized hobo with
the slanted zip pockets (on the front, not the back). And seeing Plum and Ivy and Teal and
Red and Bordeaux and TMoro along with black, natural, and navy was a lovely rainbow on some of
the styles. :smile:

I miss the days of 20 colors of the Flo 'small' satchel being lined up on tables in front
of Sue and the host. We always knew that some of the rarer or seasonal colors
would disappear.... but we hoped they would return after a year or two. It's been a very long time.
Now, as then, if you love one of the rarer colors.... keep your eyes open and snag it
before it becomes just a memory. My stay on bag ban island will probably end as soon
as some of these styles/colors show up on ILD. And I can't wait!

Was I the only one who was frustrated by the way they displayed the handbags?
Squished and shapeless does not show their beauty.
And there is more to the designs than just the tassels and green suede collar inside.
Maybe I missed hearing the details that should have highlighted the unique and beautiful
aspects of each handbag (whip stitching, handles/strap flexibility, pleating/gathering, etc. I had no product info cards to consult, but I was mentally staging
and scripting the presentation very differently.

And what's with all the size confusion
on the 13" and the 15" Flo satchel.... Dooney uses two sets of names (the original one and the new ones) and QVC has their own third set, it seems. Why can't someone come up with a simple
graphic that shows there are currently 5 sizes of Flo satchel.... list the length of each along side
a picture and name . and then identify which size or sizes are being offered in that presentation.
Nano, micro, and mini haven't been renamed. It's just the small/regular and the medium/large/'satchel'
that seem to be giving everyone trouble.

And while I'm commenting.... a handbag that is 1lb 10oz isn't a little over a pound!
And the 15" Flo satchel (no matter what you name it) is not lightweight.

All in all, the sight of those Flo handbags and array of colors overcame all the frustration
of the display and presentation. But, I'm familiar with these bags, and at least I think I
know the answers to my questions..... what about someone who is tempted to buy and
needs more info or just wants to make the right choice? At the price point of Florentine handbags
most buyers want to feel comfortable about their choice. Even the experienced Dooney
collector wants to know we are ordering the right size as we rush to grab up
a color or two.

I recorded the Dooney show on QVC last week.... and was excited to see a full hour of
only Florentine handbags. Almost like the old days, with more colors and some of the
beautifully detailed styles appearing again. I remember that medium sized hobo with
the slanted zip pockets (on the front, not the back). And seeing Plum and Ivy and Teal and
Red and Bordeaux and TMoro along with black, natural, and navy was a lovely rainbow on some of
the styles. :smile:

I miss the days of 20 colors of the Flo 'small' satchel being lined up on tables in front
of Sue and the host. We always knew that some of the rarer or seasonal colors
would disappear.... but we hoped they would return after a year or two. It's been a very long time.
Now, as then, if you love one of the rarer colors.... keep your eyes open and snag it
before it becomes just a memory. My stay on bag ban island will probably end as soon
as some of these styles/colors show up on ILD. And I can't wait!

Was I the only one who was frustrated by the way they displayed the handbags?
Squished and shapeless does not show their beauty.
And there is more to the designs than just the tassels and green suede collar inside.
Maybe I missed hearing the details that should have highlighted the unique and beautiful
aspects of each handbag (whip stitching, handles/strap flexibility, pleating/gathering, etc. I had no product info cards to consult, but I was mentally staging
and scripting the presentation very differently.

And what's with all the size confusion
on the 13" and the 15" Flo satchel.... Dooney uses two sets of names (the original one and the new ones) and QVC has their own third set, it seems. Why can't someone come up with a simple
graphic that shows there are currently 5 sizes of Flo satchel.... list the length of each along side
a picture and name . and then identify which size or sizes are being offered in that presentation.
Nano, micro, and mini haven't been renamed. It's just the small/regular and the medium/large/'satchel'
that seem to be giving everyone trouble.

And while I'm commenting.... a handbag that is 1lb 10oz isn't a little over a pound!
And the 15" Flo satchel (no matter what you name it) is not lightweight.

All in all, the sight of those Flo handbags and array of colors overcame all the frustration
of the display and presentation. But, I'm familiar with these bags, and at least I think I
know the answers to my questions..... what about someone who is tempted to buy and
needs more info or just wants to make the right choice? At the price point of Florentine handbags
most buyers want to feel comfortable about their choice. Even the experienced Dooney
collector wants to know we are ordering the right size as we rush to grab up
a color or two.
Hi LJ!
I saw the show and I was also excited when Jane announced an all Florentine show. I have to agree about the presentation of the bags. I think part of the issue was they were doing an outdoor show, (they had been outside all day), and they didn't have a proper place to display all the bags. I think that's one reason they were struggling with sizes. But it didn't help that Jane was saying don't think of this as small, think of it as medium, or don't think of this as mini, think of it as small. If you haven't seen the bags IRL you'd be more confused by that. And I thought the same thing about the weight of one of the bags. I thought she said something like, "It's light. It only weighs 1 pound 15 ounces." That's as close to two pounds as you can get and a two pound bag is not light.

My heart will always long for a red Florentine satchel. I should have purchased one when I was working and driving. Now I'm walking and busing and it's just too heavy. But every time I see one, either presented, on youtube, or IRL, I want one. :heart:

Hi LJ!
I saw the show and I was also excited when Jane announced an all Florentine show. I have to agree about the presentation of the bags. I think part of the issue was they were doing an outdoor show, (they had been outside all day), and they didn't have a proper place to display all the bags. I think that's one reason they were struggling with sizes. But it didn't help that Jane was saying don't think of this as small, think of it as medium, or don't think of this as mini, think of it as small. If you haven't seen the bags IRL you'd be more confused by that. And I thought the same thing about the weight of one of the bags. I thought she said something like, "It's light. It only weighs 1 pound 15 ounces." That's as close to two pounds as you can get and a two pound bag is not light.

My heart will always long for a red Florentine satchel. I should have purchased one when I was working and driving. Now I'm walking and busing and it's just too heavy. But every time I see one, either presented, on youtube, or IRL, I want one. :heart:
RN: Red Florentine is beautiful. It makes a very striking handbag in a rich, bright, true red.
I've seen many red Flo bags in person and the color on them all is true red.

However, every red Flo SLG I have purchased has been a more wine red color! On their own,
their wine color is nice.... but they are NOT red and do not match my Flo red handbags.
The Flo SLGs were bought at different times (small wallet and medium wristlet)
I don't know if other people have had the same experience, but I pass this info along so that
you aren't too tempted to buy a red Flo SLG to satisfy your red Flo craving.

RN: Red Florentine is beautiful. It makes a very striking handbag in a rich, bright, true red.
I've seen many red Flo bags in person and the color on them all is true red.

However, every red Flo SLG I have purchased has been a more wine red color! On their own,
their wine color is nice.... but they are NOT red and do not match my Flo red handbags.
The Flo SLGs were bought at different times (small wallet and medium wristlet)
I don't know if other people have had the same experience, but I pass this info along so that
you aren't too tempted to buy a red Flo SLG to satisfy your red Flo craving.
Thanks LJ! I really appreciate the heads up. If I buy a Flo SLG it has to be red. Not, burgundy, oxblood, cranberry, or w(h)ine. :smile: I would be disappointed in the color. I bought a red wallet almost two years ago and it was not red/red, but oxblood or something like that. I have no idea where that wallet is now. I'm sure it's buried deep in my closet either here, or at my DD's house.

Thanks LJ! I really appreciate the heads up. If I buy a Flo SLG it has to be red. Not, burgundy, oxblood, cranberry, or w(h)ine. :smile: I would be disappointed in the color. I bought a red wallet almost two years ago and it was not red/red, but oxblood or something like that. I have no idea where that wallet is now. I'm sure it's buried deep in my closet either here, or at my DD's house.
My red flos as they patina look more Bordeaux to me...

I really want to add a red Flo to my collection in the near future.

My red flos as they patina look more Bordeaux to me...

I really want to add a red Flo to my collection in the near future.
Hi PF and S! :smile:

I did own a red Florentine medium pocket satchel. In fact, if you go to the first page of this thread, post #2, you'll see a picture of it from May 15, 2013. In April, 2014 I gave it to friend when I was deciding which bags to take with me when I moved here. I gave it away because it was too small to carry what I needed for work and I hadn't carried it a while at that point. What I didn't realize is how functional my smaller bags would be for my new lifestyle. And PF, I think I know what you're talking about. I remember it being a darker red a year after I purchased it. I did look for one on the resale market a few months ago because I was just thinking about it. I saw one in good condition at a decent price, but it was missing the strap and that's another thing I liked about the bag, the slightly wider strap. I have a few straps I could have used but not as wide as the strap that came with this bag.