Dooney FLORENTINE Clubhouse!!

That red is gorgeous! I’ve been really considering this bag in either pebble grain or Flo, but with the equestrian strap. How does it wear for you? - in particular the opening.
Thanks! It's a small bag. If it was a zipper closure, I think I'd hate it, but with this closure, I like it. It's not hard to open and once it is open, it opens pretty wide and it is easy to get my hand inside. The only issue is small things can fall out.

Greeting my Dooney friends!

I would like to introduce my latest addition to my collection. I wrote about this bag a few months ago, pleading for the Dooney powers to bring it back. Sadly, my pleas weren't answered for Christmas shopping. But Saint Valentine came though, when this popped up on ThredUp, and that checkout button was clicked with the force of Thor's hammer.

I knew what to expect too, the pictures on ThredUp weren't lying. She came with a lot of scratches on her. The inside surprisingly, was in really great shape. I took my time in cleaning her up, and she's now ready for her close-up.

Flap Tab Satchel - 8L667 - in the color natural
This bag was offered for only 2 years on Dooney, between the years 2012-2014.

BEFORE
View attachment 5959790View attachment 5959791View attachment 5959792

AFTER
View attachment 5959793View attachment 5959794View attachment 5959796
How did you do it :hrmm:? :wtf::eek::loveeyes: :tup:

Last edited:
Greeting my Dooney friends!

I would like to introduce my latest addition to my collection. I wrote about this bag a few months ago, pleading for the Dooney powers to bring it back. Sadly, my pleas weren't answered for Christmas shopping. But Saint Valentine came though, when this popped up on ThredUp, and that checkout button was clicked with the force of Thor's hammer.

I knew what to expect too, the pictures on ThredUp weren't lying. She came with a lot of scratches on her. The inside surprisingly, was in really great shape. I took my time in cleaning her up, and she's now ready for her close-up.

Flap Tab Satchel - 8L667 - in the color natural
This bag was offered for only 2 years on Dooney, between the years 2012-2014.

BEFORE
View attachment 5959790View attachment 5959791View attachment 5959792

AFTER
View attachment 5959793View attachment 5959794View attachment 5959796
Beautiful job!!! If I may ask, what did you use?

How did you do it :hrmm:? :wtf::eek::loveeyes: :tup:
WOW! WOW! and WOW! I can't believe you were able to get that bag back into basically new condition. That gives me a whole new look on scratches in leather. I'm seriously in shock and have for the longest time looked over any bags with scratches and have been scared of purchasing and carrying certain ones. I've only recently said screw it and with a lot of anxiety been buying Florentine and alto because I love those leathers. If you don't mind me asking or if you already stated and I missed it what did you use and do to get it to look so good?! I have been trying to gather as much information on leather cleaning and have found some conflicting information. You have proof in the pictures of what you started with and the finished result. Which is absolutely beautiful and I'm sure took a lot of patience and time. Thank you for sharing.

I just recieved my Florentine Randy in black black today that I bought during the Florentine Sale about a week ago. I absolutely love it and am so happy I waited and got it at a fabulous price. Right now it's going for $276 and with the 30% sale it's at $193.20 but the Florentine sale offered it at $139 plus they had sent me a $20 off $100 coupon and it priced out perfectly so I still qualified for free shipping. I think that was the lowest I've ever gotten where shipping was still free, I always end up buying something else just because I don't want to spend $15 for shipping. Funny how that works. I first noticed this bag around Christmas time and love the thicker braided strap. I read the reviews and I think at the time there were only a few and one of them said they had to return it because it wasn't as big as advertised and I couldn't find anything on YouTube showing an unboxing of one. So I decided against purchasing one until I knew a little more about it. Then the 48 hour sale happened and I decided that at that price even a small bag would be worth it. I think it's a really nice size measuring 12" high, 11" in length, and 4" wide. Online it does state that it's 14" long and it is not that long, but for my size frame this is a great size bag, with a beautiful scent, and it has a smile :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_20240409_191927805_MF_PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    IMG_20240409_191927805_MF_PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20240409_192317315.jpg
    IMG_20240409_192317315.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 11
I just recieved my Florentine Randy in black black today that I bought during the Florentine Sale about a week ago. I absolutely love it and am so happy I waited and got it at a fabulous price. Right now it's going for $276 and with the 30% sale it's at $193.20 but the Florentine sale offered it at $139 plus they had sent me a $20 off $100 coupon and it priced out perfectly so I still qualified for free shipping. I think that was the lowest I've ever gotten where shipping was still free, I always end up buying something else just because I don't want to spend $15 for shipping. Funny how that works. I first noticed this bag around Christmas time and love the thicker braided strap. I read the reviews and I think at the time there were only a few and one of them said they had to return it because it wasn't as big as advertised and I couldn't find anything on YouTube showing an unboxing of one. So I decided against purchasing one until I knew a little more about it. Then the 48 hour sale happened and I decided that at that price even a small bag would be worth it. I think it's a really nice size measuring 12" high, 11" in length, and 4" wide. Online it does state that it's 14" long and it is not that long, but for my size frame this is a great size bag, with a beautiful scent, and it has a smile :smile:
It’s beautiful. That was a fabulous price at $139. It was previously called the small Sloan I have it in Bordeaux. It works best if you place your items vertically.

Beautiful bag! This used to be called the small Sloan and I have the Sloan in Black, Navy, Red, Brown TMoro, Chestnut, Steel Blue, and Bone. I use them frequently in my rotation. Dooney changed the bag a bit in that they added a second tassel on the zipper pull and the fold over has no green suede interior that my Sloans have. A beautiful bag all the same and I am eyeing it in the fuchsia color (if still available). Congratulations on your purchase!

It’s beautiful! And you got an amazing deal on it! I have been eyeing this bag and the Selina since they first popped up on Dooney. And the prices those bags were at a few weeks ago, was amazing. I couldn’t click checkout because the reviews weren’t favorable. But I’m so glad to read your post, see irl pix, and you providing correct measurements. Enjoy your gorgeous bag! 🤩

Reactions: kimarley
It’s beautiful! And you got an amazing deal on it! I have been eyeing this bag and the Selina since they first popped up on Dooney. And the prices those bags were at a few weeks ago, was amazing. I couldn’t click checkout because the reviews weren’t favorable. But I’m so glad to read your post, see irl pix, and you providing correct measurements. Enjoy your gorgeous bag! 🤩
Thank you! I already was very happy with my purchase and reading your reply just made it even better in the fact that I was able to help another Dooney lover make an educated decision about a bag. I have been so grateful to so many of those who take the time to make videos and write detailed reviews about so many different bags. I can't even count how many times I've changed my mind (either to purchase or not to purchase) after hearing what another person who has bought a bag has to say about it. It is so helpful when all you have to go on is a picture and not being able to see it in person. I'm so glad I was able to give you some information that will be useful in your decision making.

Beautiful bag! This used to be called the small Sloan and I have the Sloan in Black, Navy, Red, Brown TMoro, Chestnut, Steel Blue, and Bone. I use them frequently in my rotation. Dooney changed the bag a bit in that they added a second tassel on the zipper pull and the fold over has no green suede interior that my Sloans have. A beautiful bag all the same and I am eyeing it in the fuchsia color (if still available). Congratulations on your purchase!
Thank you! I'll be sure to keep the Sloan in mind if I ever come across one cuz I love the green suede as well!