Dooney FLORENTINE Clubhouse!!

PF: I have a lot of black Flo handbags. OK, I have a lot of black handbags in many different
leathers. In my experience, black leather handbags are an acquired taste.... the black color absorbs
the light, and the look is often subtle, understated, and elegant. I love the sophisticated
and high quality look of a well made and well designed black leather handbag.
Alto leather and Florentine leather are among my favorites.
You either love the look, or you don't. :smile:

Black handbags used to be a wardrobe go to.... especially in big cities.
Brown, was the more casual and sporty cousin.

My black Flo handbags have worn very well..... they don't seem to get
water spots or show much wear. Any pebbling makes them even more
durable. And over time the leather takes on a soft glow. You can't go wrong
with a black leather Flo.

As for the red zippers on many Flo handbags, I have mixed feelings.
In the early days, I preferred an all black look, including the zipper tape.
Over time, I've come to appreciate that little touch of red, especially on some of
my more casual black handbags. I've decided the red ads a little touch of interest
to the design of an all black handbag.

We tend to be influenced by what we see in fashion, on TV, online, on our friends,
and in our communities. I haven't seen many black handbags over the past few years.
Yes, there was usually one in most collections. But the focus was often on natural,
shades of brown, elephant, and certain pop colors. Black and navy were in the back row.
Our eyes got used to the colors that we saw most. I started to collect brown
and natural handbags. Somehow I was convinced that elephant was a nice color....
OMG! Elephant is OK in pebbled leather, but in Flo.... all I see is greenish brown mud.
I'm giving away my Flo Amalie.... worn once. Looking at it gives me no pleasure....
despite it's beautiful style, leather lining, and smooth Flo leather. I want to love it....
but I can't. Let's just say Flo elephant is
too neutral for me. But others think it's stunning. Give me black Flo leather instead....
anyday!

Reactions: RuedeNesle
Yes got rid of my elephant bags in FLO...kept the elephant wallet...mixed feelings...the worst was steel blue. Horrible reaction I had. LOL. Love my black flos...they do age well.

PF: I wonder if the dye lots vary a lot in some colors in Flo leather?
They say they use vegetable based dyes, not chemical dyes.
Black, dk brown, navy are all consistent. But some years some of the mid tone blues (like ocean blue
and denim blue) varied a lot. And bordeaux is another color that is quite different in different years/and or items.
Even red.... my red Flo wallet and wristlet are more burgundy than red. The red Flo handbags
I have gotten, over many different years, are all true red.

Maybe steel blue Flo is another color that can look different in different dye lots?
I only have 1 Flo steel blue item, a foldover wristlet, that I bought to try out the color.
Looks grey to me. Not bad, but not crave worthy. Never added any other pieces in
steel blue. But, I must say the online pictures all make it look beautiful. :confused1:

10422457-4A38-4791-8AF2-CE5F8C53AAAA.jpegFinally the Laurel arrived, after a month (I knew it was a pre-order but still ...) It works for me in every way and I’m so happy with it. Its size and weight are just right and the Florentine leather is perfect, not at all pebbly ... thick, smooth and beautiful. I RARELY have a total ‘yes’ with a bag I haven’t seen in person so this is a rare one. I’m excited about having a relationship with the natural color Florentine, watching it break in and change over time. I’ll Appleguard it first though. Really, really pleased :smile:

View attachment 5226977Finally the Laurel arrived, after a month (I knew it was a pre-order but still ...) It works for me in every way and I’m so happy with it. Its size and weight are just right and the Florentine leather is perfect, not at all pebbly ... thick, smooth and beautiful. I RARELY have a total ‘yes’ with a bag I haven’t seen in person so this is a rare one. I’m excited about having a relationship with the natural color Florentine, watching it break in and change over time. I’ll Appleguard it first though. Really, really pleased :smile:
Enjoy your beautiful new Dooney Florentine treasure.
Glad it was a perfect score!

RN: QVC and HSN are really good about price reductions when I've called them, I don't know if they do it for the entire 30 day return period or limit it to 2 weeks. If it's a temporary price reduction, you have to call while that price reduction is active. Either way, a lot better than DB or ILD policy, I'm glad you followed up and saved your DD a few $.

Can't wait until you see your new suede bag.
This is great to know! I had no idea.. but now I’ll keep my eyes open!

Yes I was admiring it and then saw the price. I do not remember paying that much...$500? Even with 25% off, $373. I don't think I paid that much for my red medium satchel. Well hopefully great sales for the holidays. I will have to really pay attention to the price games.
This price hike really bothers me. I haven’t bought another Flo satchel because of this new price. That’s a huge hike for us loyal Flo girls!!!

Reactions: Deleted 730019
Monday, Nov 1, 2021.
ILD sale, 30% off
Some fuchsia Flo
Do your math to see if the final prices works for you....
Most seem to come out at about half off the 'retail' price....
but since the 'retail prices' are high....
I don't see any great bargains.

On the other hand, if there is a bag you want, the current
'retail price' is what it is.... so getting half off on something you
will treasure is better than 70% off on a bag you really didn't
crave.

Fuchsia Flo is an amazing color.... if you like vivid colors.
I'm drooling over an Amelie to add to my collection.
I already own the Hattie and small Flo satchel in fuchsia,
so clearly I don't need another fuchsia Flo.

Reactions: RuedeNesle
Where are the mini satchels? QVC has none and Dooney has the 4-5 colors they have for every bag. I love the mini and sad to see the only new color is brown tmoro , gorgeous yes but not what i need. I wonder if they are doing away withe the mini?