Dooney FLORENTINE Clubhouse!!

BW: Glad the relaxed Logan drawstring will work for you.

In Florentine the elephant looks much more brown than grey to my eyes, at least in the
lights I've viewed the leather. I got carried away with a sale on ILD this summer
and ended up with an elephant Flo. (How did that happen?)

Then once I got it home I couldn't
find a way to wear it that made the elephant color look attractive.
(The leather was beautiful, the style was good, the color was my problem).
I want my handbag to look like an intentional part of my outfit for the day, not just some non-descript neutral I wear all the time. I know that others want a handbag color that 'goes' with everything.... each to their own. What ever works for each person, that's what they
should do regarding handbags.

And remember.... browns are not my comfort zone.... so brown has to be beautiful and rich
for me to love it for itself. The Flo elephant looks like mud to me. I considered returning it.

Anyway, nothing I paired the elephant Flo with made me happy..... until a very creative friend
reminded me to look at PRINTS that had the elephant color. She even provided a photo
array from her wardrobe. OMG... why didn't I think of that. All of a sudden the elephant
became a stylish addition to an outfit. I don't have a lot of clothing in prints
but I do own a lot of scarfs. So, I've been able to shift my thinking and am looking forward
to coordinating my outfits with a scarf and the elephant Flo this fall season.
And since my handbags are spending a lot of time displayed on the dresser, instead of
being carried, a beautiful print scarf tied to the handbag will make a lovely display.

The creative friend, theClosetDive, does beautiful youtube videos featuring handbags
in lovely settings and coordinated with wardrobe options. I think she has some of the
best Dooney, Coach, and Brahmin handbags videos on YT. Watching them is like a
mini vacation and a fashion show presented with a spa vibe.

I'm so glad you found a great way to carry your elephant bag. It sounds like it might have some great versatility and the ability to morph into a new set of wardrobe options.

I will definitely checkout TheClosetDive :smile:

BW: congratulations on your beautiful new handbags. The leathers look amazing and
the colors are so rich. I need to dig out my natural Flo drawstring from the depths of my
closet.... before I'm tempted to buy another one. Yours is so beautiful it's so tempting.

Reactions: BadWolf10
Just moved out of my Coach Shay and into my Florentine twist strap hobo in Chestnut. I still have the twist strap but removed it to use this one. My mom wanted a crossbody strap for her Camden hobo, so I bought her a new strap and she gave me this flat strap. I love the twist strap look and on the Logan it's a perfect strap drop, but on this bag it's just too short. So this strap is a nice work around and matches the contrasting trim.

20200929_140327.jpg

Just moved out of my Coach Shay and into my Florentine twist strap hobo in Chestnut. I still have the twist strap but removed it to use this one. My mom wanted a crossbody strap for her Camden hobo, so I bought her a new strap and she gave me this flat strap. I love the twist strap look and on the Logan it's a perfect strap drop, but on this bag it's just too short. So this strap is a nice work around and matches the contrasting trim.

View attachment 4863049
This is beautiful!

Reactions: BadWolf10