Dooney FLORENTINE Clubhouse!!

Omg I'm in love with this Denim!! It seems richer than years past. Mine arent that vivid blue. Thank you so much for posting this for me!! It looks great with the Steel Blue. I have that coin purse and the Steel Blue Russell. I'm on the hunt for this Denim Russell now. Or I might have to work out an exchange program with you where I borrow your Denim lol ;)
You’re welcome! If you want the denim Russel, wait until it pops up at I Love Dooney or Dooney.com. I found mine when a You Tube lady wrote that it was available. I immediately went to I love Dooney and bought it. Good luck!

Reactions: Lunalark
I’m new to D&B! I just purchased my first Florentine satchel in the nano size. I’m a bit of a minimalist. I wasn’t sure where to post this. Does anyone own the nano. And does anyone have a picture showing how much it holds. I know by the measurements it’s small. I’m just a bit curious and very excited!

I’m new to D&B! I just purchased my first Florentine satchel in the nano size. I’m a bit of a minimalist. I wasn’t sure where to post this. Does anyone own the nano. And does anyone have a picture showing how much it holds. I know by the measurements it’s small. I’m just a bit curious and very excited!
Congrats! The Florentine satchel is so beautiful! I don't have the nano, but I have the mini ans small satchels.

Welcome to the world of DB. I hope you love our new satchel.
I own several sizes, but not the nano. What I have learned about handbags....
in general, is all the dimensions are important to understanding what will fit inside.
Also, how the brand measures. Sounds obvious.... but.... makes a big difference.

The design of these satchels, generally has a wider base. Call it the depth or
width or the 'butt' of the bag. It can make a big difference in how you can arrange your
things. On the nano, the width is 5" and the length is 8.5'. That is quite a generous
base for the bag and means you can fit a lot.... not just side to side, but front to back.

The height is short, so you might need to arrange your items horizontally, rather than
putting them vertically or on their sides.

I have a mini Florentine satchel and it holds quite a bit.... cosmetic case, full small size wallet,
glasses, keys, credit card case, package of tissues, and other small items.

For reference, Dooney measures across the base of the bag for the length and the width.
Some other manufacturers (or stores) measure across the top or at the widest part. Makes it
very confusing to compare. The Dooney web site shows a picture of how they measure.
And for the most part, they are pretty accurate.

What color Florentine nano satchel did you get?

Reactions: defeated
Welcome to the world of DB. I hope you love our new satchel.
I own several sizes, but not the nano. What I have learned about handbags....
in general, is all the dimensions are important to understanding what will fit inside.
Also, how the brand measures. Sounds obvious.... but.... makes a big difference.

The design of these satchels, generally has a wider base. Call it the depth or
width or the 'butt' of the bag. It can make a big difference in how you can arrange your
things. On the nano, the width is 5" and the length is 8.5'. That is quite a generous
base for the bag and means you can fit a lot.... not just side to side, but front to back.

The height is short, so you might need to arrange your items horizontally, rather than
putting them vertically or on their sides.

I have a mini Florentine satchel and it holds quite a bit.... cosmetic case, full small size wallet,
glasses, keys, credit card case, package of tissues, and other small items.

For reference, Dooney measures across the base of the bag for the length and the width.
Some other manufacturers (or stores) measure across the top or at the widest part. Makes it
very confusing to compare. The Dooney web site shows a picture of how they measure.
And for the most part, they are pretty accurate.

What color Florentine nano satchel did you get?
Thank you for responding! I purchased the nano in natural. But I’m thinking about ordering another one in navy. I have seen reviews from people saying the opening of the bag was to small and to not buy if you had big hands. I don’t have big hands , a little chubby. But that kind of made me anxious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lunalark
Thank you for responding! I purchased the nano in natural. But I’m thinking about ordering another one in navy. I have seen reviews from people saying the opening of the bag was to small and to not buy if you had big hands. I don’t have big hands , a little chubby. But that kind of made me anxious.
Can't wait to see your new Nano satchel! I have the mini and small satchels myself. My minis I adore, fun to carry and fits more than I expected! I think you will be ok with the opening. Natural is gorgeous.

Cpach gal: the opening on the design of this satchel does tend to be small.... and the smaller the overalll size, the smaller the zipper opening on top. I don't have a problem with the mini size.
On the nano you might have to slant some of your items to get them in and out. Some people don't like
to do that, so a smaller opening is annoying or fussy to them.

Natural Florentine is beautiful. But personally, navy, red, and black Florentine are
my favorites. And I could add a few more to the list also. It's a beautiful leather.
My only advice would be to see if the nano works for you.... load up your stuff and
carry it around. Then you will know how many more to collect. There is nothing like
using a handbag to really know if you love it or if something about it just isn't perfect enough
to collect more colors.

Cpach gal: the opening on the design of this satchel does tend to be small.... and the smaller the overalll size, the smaller the zipper opening on top. I don't have a problem with the mini size.
On the nano you might have to slant some of your items to get them in and out. Some people don't like
to do that, so a smaller opening is annoying or fussy to them.

Natural Florentine is beautiful. But personally, navy, red, and black Florentine are
my favorites. And I could add a few more to the list also. It's a beautiful leather.
My only advice would be to see if the nano works for you.... load up your stuff and
carry it around. Then you will know how many more to collect. There is nothing like
using a handbag to really know if you love it or if something about it just isn't perfect enough
to collect more colors.
Agree with that! Black satchel was my 1st bag. Red Stanwich my 2nd. Good point on using to see and truly know....I love my Tmoro Brown Florentine Barlow and was worried (from a few reviews) the strap length wouldn't work, too heavy etc. But it's one my favorite bags I reach for, even over my satchels.

scored this black/black off poshmark. This is the Florentine satchel in small. LOVE love LOVE!!!

View attachment 4799632
Came in excellent condition. No marks no rips or odors. The key keeper is the leather one!! I will be carrying this one for a while . In my photo is looks weird on that one side.. looks discolored or something. Totally isnt! probably my office lights glaring on it funny.

Came in excellent condition. No marks no rips or odors. The key keeper is the leather one!! I will be carrying this one for a while . In my photo is looks weird on that one side.. looks discolored or something. Totally isnt! probably my office lights glaring on it funny.

Wow Its beautiful! You got an original with the leather key keeper! I have the exact same one so i know how rich the black leather is! Enjoy your new bag!

Reactions: asianbebydoll