Dooney Deals and Sales Chat

Mornin' LJ!

It's funny, I've been checking out the Editor's tote lately myself. And I agree the price wasn't good. Mostly because I bought two of the older version prior to 2013 from the Dooney Outlet in Illinois. I had a yellow ET I carried every day to work with whatever bag I was carrying. I used my black ET for travel. Sadly, I didn't bring either with me when I moved in 2014 because I didn't think I'd need them here. (Both went to good homes of friends.) I still don't "need" one, but looking at them makes me nostalgic for my old ETs. :smile: And I was also concerned about the qualify of the newer nylon. I was wondering if the new ET nylon is thick like my old ones. If I had to pick one bag in my old collection that I carried the most it would be my yellow ET. My black ET went on just about every road trip with me.
RN: I 'assumed' that because the ET is an older style, it was made with the same nylon. But...
we all know that might not be true. The large nylon double zip satchel shown is the one I bought
in 2019-2020, so that one is probably the same older, better nylon.
The newer nylon handbags seem to be part of the Wayfarer collection.
I'm thinking that the large nylon pocket satchel (double zip pockets on front), the ET, the
Newport, and the Layla are all the old nylon. Just look at the weight of the Newport....
(and no, the Newport is not included in the $99 sale).

RN: I 'assumed' that because the ET is an older style, it was made with the same nylon. But...
we all know that might not be true. The large nylon double zip satchel shown is the one I bought
in 2019-2020, so that one is probably the same older, better nylon.
The newer nylon handbags seem to be part of the Wayfarer collection.
I'm thinking that the large nylon pocket satchel (double zip pockets on front), the ET, the
Newport, and the Layla are all the old nylon. Just look at the weight of the Newport....
(and no, the Newport is not included in the $99 sale).
I was hoping the ET nylon was the "old" nylon. I was concerned because a few years ago QVC debuted a "new" Editor's Tote. It looked pretty much like the old tote, so I was wondering if they changed the nylon. I don't remember, but I think the new tote had longer handles instead of a shoulder strap. I'm just happy they don't have a true red* or I'd end up buying it again and trying to figure out when to use it. N/S totes don't work for me when I do a lot of walking.
*I did buy something in red on Poshmark and received it yesterday! Going to the New Dooney thread to post pics now...... :smile:

I was hoping the ET nylon was the "old" nylon. I was concerned because a few years ago QVC debuted a "new" Editor's Tote. It looked pretty much like the old tote, so I was wondering if they changed the nylon. I don't remember, but I think the new tote had longer handles instead of a shoulder strap. I'm just happy they don't have a true red* or I'd end up buying it again and trying to figure out when to use it. N/S totes don't work for me when I do a lot of walking.
*I did buy something in red on Poshmark and received it yesterday! Going to the New Dooney thread to post pics now...... :smile:
Hope you enjoy your latest red treasure.

As for the ET, I guess we would have to order it to know for sure if it's new or old nylon.
You can't always tell what photo Dooney posts, it may be an old one. And unless the
style number changed, and we kept track, we wouldn't know until we got the bag.

On the 'nylon' conversation..... I found that black, navy, khaki, wine/bordeau are the colors
that I like best. I did get a red, in the old nylon, and while I love color, and I love red
and have dozens of red leather handbags..... somehow red in nylon was not me.
Guess that's the leather snob in me reasserting it's opinion.

I really was surprised how much I liked the more neutral nylon handbags I bought....
they were understated, beautifully constructed, and had lots of leather trim.
Very rich looking.

I guess a bright or light color nylon reminds me it's not leather.
I ordered a Waverly satchel, new nylon, because I wanted that style and
size and it had lots of leather accents
and trim. But the new nylon fabric has no body, it has a sheen, and the red color
had too much orange in it for my taste.

Reactions: RuedeNesle
Just got an email from Rakuten..... sale at shopDooney plus 10% cash back.

Rakuten, formerly ******, is a cash back shopping platform.
You set up an account (no payment info), then click on your store, and Rakuten directs
you there. Cash back accumulates over time and they mail you checks.
I've used the site for a long time, in addition to MrRebates, another cash
back site, which ever one has a higher cash back on that day for the store
I'm shopping. You need to connect thru the platform to get the cash back,
so I sign in when I want to make purchases.

As far as I can tell they are both reputable sites and I haven't had any issues.
Of course, online shopping leads to online ads and every site you
visit generates more online ads/photos to entice you. I don't know how much
of this is coming thru the sites directly, ads and emails, and how much is
as a result of Rakuten or MrRebates selling the consumer preference info.
There are pluses and minuses to using shopping platforms... but getting
extra cash back is a nice little treat. Depending upon how you budget your
handbag purchases, it can go into your new handbag fund (envelope, cookie
jar, account, etc.). Or you can use the rebate to mentally justify
a lower cost on something you just bought.

Hope you enjoy your latest red treasure.

As for the ET, I guess we would have to order it to know for sure if it's new or old nylon.
You can't always tell what photo Dooney posts, it may be an old one. And unless the
style number changed, and we kept track, we wouldn't know until we got the bag.

On the 'nylon' conversation..... I found that black, navy, khaki, wine/bordeau are the colors
that I like best. I did get a red, in the old nylon, and while I love color, and I love red
and have dozens of red leather handbags..... somehow red in nylon was not me.
Guess that's the leather snob in me reasserting it's opinion.

I really was surprised how much I liked the more neutral nylon handbags I bought....
they were understated, beautifully constructed, and had lots of leather trim.
Very rich looking.

I guess a bright or light color nylon reminds me it's not leather.
I ordered a Waverly satchel, new nylon, because I wanted that style and
size and it had lots of leather accents
and trim. But the new nylon fabric has no body, it has a sheen, and the red color
had too much orange in it for my taste.
I can relate to what you mean about neutral nylon colors. I remember so well being in Red Robin in Woodfield Mall, Illinois and a woman had a black nylon double pocket satchel. When it caught my attention I thought it was leather. It was the first time I realized nylon satchels could look just as classy as leather. I started obsessing about a nylon satchel after seeing hers but quickly realized the color does matter. I like reds and blues and they didn't look as classy as the black nylon satchel.

I can relate to what you mean about neutral nylon colors. I remember so well being in Red Robin in Woodfield Mall, Illinois and a woman had a black nylon double pocket satchel. When it caught my attention I thought it was leather. It was the first time I realized nylon satchels could look just as classy as leather. I started obsessing about a nylon satchel after seeing hers but quickly realized the color does matter. I like reds and blues and they didn't look as classy as the black nylon satchel.
Navy, in the old nylon, with the British tan trim looks very understated and classy.
It's a close second to black in looking like leather. I think because the darker colors absorb
light (since they are dark, and matte finished) they look richer. The lighter or brighter colors
have a tendency to reflect more light, and than draws more attention to the texture and
fabric.

Wednesday, July 25
I Love Dooney, Clearance sale.
As usual, prices up and down..... but.....
it's a site wide sale, with coupon code CLEARANCE.
So if there is something you want, it's a good time to look.

There are a few styles of the Hydrangea Coated Cotton collection....
a tote, various satchel styles, and a wallet.
I've been wanting to add something to my collection in Hydrangea,
and finally the large domed satchel was at a price
I could tolerate for a coated cotton summer handbag.
Not a steal, but around half off. Points I had helped bring the
price down a little more.

So far, I've resisted anything else. But....there are a few Florentine pieces
in pale blue or fuchsia for those who are craving that style. I have 2 of each,
so I'm trying to convince myself I'm at purse peace with those colors. :doh:
I love those colors.

Reactions: BadWolf10
Spearmint kiss lock purse and matching small coin case. Also got a small coin case in violet
I saw that violet coin case and was very tempted. But I don't use the 2 coin cases I
already have, so I restrained myself. But it was hard. The purple (called violet) is
beautiful. And I have a zip zip satchel in pebbled leather in violet.
I need a cosmetic case or wristlet and a credit card case in violet. So I can have
another SLG ensemble to transfer my things into. :biggrin:

PF, enjoy all your new treasures. The spearmint is very pretty and you must have
violet too.

I put my eye glass wipe/rag thing from Costco and a few wet wipes in it..that's about all on my small coin cases...I cut out the key ring attachment as I don't need that. Cute little bags...3 pockets...it's amazing..just for those small things that I can never find. Now I must have one in every color...haven't seen them in florentine yet..otherwise I'd be a goner...