Don’t like the kelly colour. Did somebody paint a bag?

KellySeadog

Mar 4, 2020
I bought Vert Maquis Kelly Ado, used it during one day and took out all the plastics. I like the bag, the leather, the golden hardware but don’t like it’s colour. It looks good with all my clothes and it’s very nice neutral but for me it’s like the colour of swamp. In my wishlist I mentioned only Vert Bosphore but talked my SA that vert cricket, foin, nata or similar fun colours would be okay.
Can I return it to the shop without plastics? Or maybe I can paint it to another colour? Or I can I fake this plastics to return it? I’m really in panic that I made so much huge mistake. Can you give me some advice what can I do in this situation.

Last edited:
After you have all plastics out I don’t think you can return it.
painting a bag is fun too @etoupebirkin has a good artist to do For her bag, maybe you can search in her name to see how the bag come out.
Kelly ado is cute to keep, good luck with your decision.

you can take a look here

I think vert maquis is a gorgeous color but if you don’t like it you don’t like it.
Don’t paint the bag another color. It will loose value plus you give up on Hermes spa services. It is one thing to decorate a vintage bag and another to paint a brand new bag all over with a different color, it is never going to be or feel the same.
Kelly Ado is sought after. You can sell at a good price and wait for the right color to come.

I bought Vert Maquis Kelly Ado, used it during one day and took out all the plastics. I like the bag, the leather, the golden hardware but don’t like it’s colour. It looks good with all my clothes and it’s very nice neutral but for me it’s like the colour of swamp. In my wishlist I mentioned only Vert Bosphore but talked my SA that vert cricket, foin, nata or similar fun colours would be okay.
Can I return it to the shop without plastics? Or maybe I can paint it to another colour? Or I can I fake this plastics to return it? I’m really in panic that I made so much huge mistake. Can you give me some advice what can I do in this situation.

What do you mean when you ask “can I fake this plastics to return it”? Are you asking if you can put the plastic back on to make them think you never took it off? If that’s what you’re suggesting, it wouldn’t be a nice thing to do, AND it’s very likely they’ll know that you did.

Last edited:
I think vert maquis is a gorgeous color but if you don’t like it you don’t like it.
Don’t paint the bag another color. It will loose value plus you give up on Hermes spa services. It is one thing to decorate a vintage bag and another to paint a brand new bag all over with a different color, it is never going to be or feel the same.
Kelly Ado is sought after. You can sell at a good price and wait for the right color to come.

Agree here.. The last thing I would do is paint the bag another color as it will likely lose much value
& there is no guarantee that you will like the color or that you could possibly sell it repainted afterwards.
Try to sell it...

Resale it. You probably can make a profit out of it.
Don't recolor for the reasons that dani mentioned above.
And I don't think you can put plastic stickers back. It will look peeled due to the nature of the plastic.

I just saw a picture of @KellySeadog's beautiful Kelly Ado in Vert Maquis. I think it's a stunning bag. Could it be that you are just experiencing buyer's remorse? You must have thought you liked the color in the store or I doubt you would have purchased it. I would put it away for a couple days and stop overthinking it. Get it back out after the panic as eased and try it with a few different outfits. If you are still not happy with the color, with the popularity of backpacks I think you can easily sell it without a financial loss. Good luck!

Reactions: amaretti_
Regret purchases are hard. You can not return this to Hermes and you did use it for a day. Please don’t find a place to add fake plastic back. Can you imagine buying a bag at Hermes and noticing the plastic is not original, slippery slope. You can casually mention it to your SA so they know you may request another bag sooner, but I wouldn’t try to return it. I wouldn’t paint a bag that I’m not keeping. Resell it and buy a bag that makes your heart sing!

I can't believe I'm reading this! You used the bag for a day, removed the plastics, and now have buyer's remorse. So, you're asking if you can put "fake" plastic on it and return it to the store? That is SO wrong.

You should not try to return the bag. Keep it for a while. Personally, I think it’s a beautiful color combo. Wait a month or two to see if it grows on you after the credit card bill is paid. sometimes the stress of a substantial credit card payment can affect your judgement.

You can consign the bag in the Fall, and it will sell quickly.

When I had my bags customized, it was to bring new life to vintage bags. It is something to be carefully considered before commissioning.

ETA: I can think of no better way to get blacklisted by Hermès if you try to return a bag with fake plastic on it.

I don’t know how this thought came to my head. I took out all the plastics this morning because I thought that the bag was really nice and then after one minute began to regret about it so much that even putting fake plastics seemed to be good idea Of course I don’t wanna really do it also everybody can see that it’s not real:smile: it’s already impossible to return it.
So I guess maybe you’re right and it’s just some kind of buyers remorse. I decided to wait a little bit and use this bag now then see do I like it or not. After I will think is it good idea to sell it or not:smile:
Also thank you for advice about painting the bag. I’m not sure that it can give me good result now when the bag is new.