Don't Do It

Hope you feel better soon, GF.

Ditto. I have everything in a spreadsheet. ;) DH insisted after my ex-SA in NYC took the liberty of charging SO MANY (and yes, as in my eyes almost popped out when I saw the statements!) bags on my Amex (some that I didn't even order or want!) in a span of 3 months :cursing::cursing::cursing: about 7 years ago.

Long story short, she just kept on "selling" me bags and shipping them to my addresses in the east coast while I was in Asia without even the courtesy of a phone call. :wtf: She wouldn't stop even after I called to tell her I didn't want any more bags. So, after the 3rd month, I flew back to NYC, went to the 2 apartments and picked up all the bags, returned about 5 bags, kept the rest. She was fired shortly!

It was really "traumatic" for DH so from then on, he wanted me to be able to tell him how much he has "invested" in my H bags anytime he asks! ;)
allaboutbags:First of all, what a sweet and reasonable DH you have!! :yes: Second, what a horrible SA!! :wtf:I hope you like her replacement. I'm curious, what was the reaction of the manager when you went to the store? Did they say anything about not accepting returns after ten days? Did they refund your $$ or just give you store credit? Did you love the bags you kept?

Me neither.......Why suffer? LOL. Needless to say it's 1:39 am and I still have tons of studying to do for a Final that is a day away. PRAISE THE LORD FOR CAFFEINEEE....

Awww, thanks Girls! The drugs are good.....I'm not one of these au natural people that just take echanacia, or rescue remedy....I pop every pill I can! LOL!!

Oops, GF! Don't mean to hijack the thread.

By the way, remember to keep your mind a little "foggy" when you add up the receipts - things NEVER look so bad when it's a little "foggy" - heh! ;)

allaboutbags:First of all, what a sweet and reasonable DH you have!! :yes: Second, what a horrible SA!! :wtf:I hope you like her replacement. I'm curious, what was the reaction of the manager when you went to the store? Did they say anything about not accepting returns after ten days? Did they refund your $$ or just give you store credit? Did you love the bags you kept?

At this point, my DH just thinks I'm crazy/loony or whatever and has decided to accept my obsession about bags. (Resistance is futile!) :graucho:

I never spoke to the manager, I packed up the bags I wanted to return, sent them with a note via a messenger to the store (same day delivery). Heard that the SA got dressing-down and I got a refund via my credit card - no questions asked. Love the kellys, birkins and bolide that I kept...

Don't shop much in the NYC store anymore except maybe once a year - work with an SA who transferred from my local boutique. Like my two SAs here in Alaska much, much better...:wlae:

I hope you feel better soon GF!

I calculated my stuff before and stopped doing it ... or even better, reduced my number of visits to the boutique which in turn reduced my number of purchases dramatically.

um.....and stay away from the calculator!!!! Don't forget what happened to me when I went through my scarf drawer......sent me to bed for three days!!!! Can you imagine what would happen if I started adding up the bags and the accessories?!?!?!?!

ShopMom, how many XK- 8s could you have bought??

K, hugs to you, Sweet Lady....

I think "don't do it" should mean "don't add it all up"!
Anyway, just kidding...as we all have to add it all up some time. It is a good reality check. Hope you feel better soon.

good gad, GF -- how could you NOT know that was a horrid idea? perhaps you are suffering from a case of brain fever? feel better! and destroy the paper with the total on it -- with luck you won't remember any of this when you emerge from the delerium that has clearly overtaken you.

So, I'm at home, sick as a dog with a terrible head cold and strep throat infection (lovely mental image, I know), when I happened across all my Hermes receipts from 2006 and thus far, 2007. So I took a calculator, and started adding.......

Well, my advice to all of you, if this idea ever stikes your fancy is....

DON'T DO IT.:wtf:

What were you thinking, woman??? That is NOT the way to feel better! LOL!!

Have some chicken soup with a martini chaser - now that should make you feel better! Get well soon, GF!

GF, you should be resting, just sit on the couch and relax.

Hope you feel better soon. Have diet ginger ale and some french bread, for some strange reason that always makes me feel better.