"Don't buy clothes, save your money for jewelry"

ITA with Swanky... I like saving up "gifts" and having it put toward 1 nice piece of jewelery from DH. It's weird.. I can totally throw down $$ on a nice bag for myself.. but I'd rather have my jewelry come from dh too. I think when it comes from dh or someone else in general.. it adds more sentimental value to it. :girlsigh:

I have always worn expensive jewelery as opposed to expensive clothes. I am an April baby, and mom started me off early as diamonds are my birthstone. I've never seen much of a point in having expensive clothes. One can have on a simple fitted tee and jeans, and carrying an LV piece and wearing diamonds makes the outfit seem that much classier. Dh has bought me jewelery, but by no means do I only get it when he buys it. I buy myself nice pieces fairly often. Jewelery is my indulgence even more so than purses.

I also agree w/ this. I do like Swanky said-DH and I have set amounts for each occasion BD, Anniversary's, X-Mas, V-Day....you get the point. I will save up and buy either a nice pice of jewelry or a bag. I like clothes, but refuse to spend alot of $$ on them. And I only buy classic pieces that will always be in style with both my bags and jewels.

i like nice expensive stuff BUT only buy at outlet store...i would only buy PRADA, GUCCI in outlet store though they cost more than GAP, Old Navy...i prefer QUALITY over quantity..:tup:

Jewelery only cartier, bvlgari for me and i do when i can afford it..

i have lesser clothes but i know its will last me longer as i buy classic designs...:yes:

I agree with the lady... good advice, especially if you buy designer jewelry, the pieces will remain valuable because of the that stamp it would have from the manufacturer plus you guarantee the quality of the item... i do love nice clothes and bags but won't spend thousands on bags again....

What about purses? Are they considered clothes?:shame:

^ I consider purses (and jewelry) to be accessories and I am ALLLLL about accessories! :nuts:

I think that lady gave pretty good advice. I love clothes, but I don't think I've ever spent more than $200 on any one item. I buy everything on sale as cheap as possible. I think there are some items of clothing that can be an investment like a Chanel suit or a fur coat. But I would much rather have a piece of jewelry than either of those things!

My father bought my mother an ancient Roman earring that dates back to almost 1000 years ago... That just blows my mind. Clothing, as much as I love it, just doesn't last that long or hold the same kind of value!! :nogood:

I used to be all about the clothes, but realized that because trends change and the basics always works best....

I tend to now spend most on my jewlery and bags....and soon to be shoes (the higher brands have such killer looks and is tooo comfortable)...I do have a few coats that I adore, and those I tend to wear for years so I do invest a bit..

It just makes sense...clothes are less valuable than most anything else and if you carry nice bling or bag... or both....its stunning and chic!!!

Yes - I do not spend a lot of money on clothes but opt to buy only a few pieces that are classic and made very well and the rest of the money is invested and a little of it put aside for purchasing art and jewelry. Both last much longer than clothes!

On weekends, I like to wear a good pair of jeans, a tee, a nice jacket and bag and my jewelry. I'm not a sweats and sneakers kind of person. It's my style and I'm comfortable with this look. I dress up for work, but I'm not in a business environment. I work as a counselor in a hospital, so I try to put together some classic pieces that stand the test of time. Being trendy doesn't work for me anymore. I've had a very good jewelry year and now I need to add some items to my wardrobe. It won't be anything like my jewelry expenses:wtf:

I am much like Swanky;as I also prefer to have one or two important pieces of jewelry a year. I do know that certain names such as Tiffany, Harry Winston,etc. are likely to bring higher prices should you need to auction them.
It is certainly better than thinking of clothes as an "investment" Maybe if you are buying Princess Diana's,or Marilyn Monroes?
I love my jewelry,but I know it would not bring in the retail cost,if I had to sell it? Unless I was famous or infamous;which I'm not and hope not. I can say that it is a good investment for me(I didn't have to pay for it) and a poor investment,based only on monetary appreciation for my husband. LOL

I agree too, i spend my money on accessories and jewelry. 9/10 times the accessory is from Hermes, so its always high quality. Although I am moving towards jewelry. I'm debating on getting a pendant or ring next. Once I have all those i will focus on accessories once more. since i am a guy, i can't wear too much bling, and i like to get simple classic pieces that i will wear everyday with every outfit, so it works well for the wallet.