Dollish Polish - Swatches and Chit Chat

Dolly just posted this on Facebook

After alot of thought, I have decided to try something different for the next re-stock. I am going to set up a monthly schedule and re-stock in small groups. I will pick 5 of the most sought after or higlhy requested shades, and I will only re-stock those...but since I am only working with 5 shades, I will do a major re-stock with at least 50-60 bottles of each of those 5 shade. This will allow more people to purchase the shade that they want....and if none of the shades chosen for that particular re-stock are on your list, you don't have to worry about that stock, and you can wait till the next list of shades is released to see if the polishes you want are going to be re-stocked. Make sense? What do you think?

ETA: Jinx!

That may get really expensive for those internationally if the polishes they want are not in the same grouping

I'm international and I'm OK with it. Honestly, with the way things are selling out at the moment, I've not been able to get any more than 2 or 3 in each sale anyway (and in yesterday's sale, none at all).

Her shipping prices are OK anyway - I wouldn't mind paying shipping for 1-2 polishes each time she opens, if it means I have a better shot at getting what I want.

This is exactly why I buy the polishes and don't sell them. Dolly is being a doll (pun INTENDED) about all this and doing the best she can with what she's been dealt.

I would be letting heads roll, myself.

Cold Winds Are Rising:

100_3817.jpg

A really beautiful jelly/creme. It's weird. Applies like a jelly, opaque like a creme. Anyway, sorry I didn't have any sunlight to show how it gleams and sparks. Love this one.

Oh! And Spank You Very Much (accents; Illamasqua Veridian as the base):

100_3791.jpg

This is exactly why I buy the polishes and don't sell them. Dolly is being a doll (pun INTENDED) about all this and doing the best she can with what she's been dealt.

Cold Winds Are Rising:

100_3817.jpg

A really beautiful jelly/creme. It's weird. Applies like a jelly, opaque like a creme. Anyway, sorry I didn't have any sunlight to show how it gleams and sparks. Love this one.

Wow, this one is so pretty, love it on you! I'd love to try her polishes.

I was at the sale last night. Out of the two I wanted most I could only get one into my cart so I didn't place an order this time since I'd prefer to order more than one at once to help offset shipping. I much prefer the new site. I think we need to keep in mind that we are dealing with a ONE person business (and it's not her full time job) that has taken off and gotten popular so fast that it's not necessarily possible to keep up with demand. It also doesn't help that she (and others) are having issues getting enough base. Personally, I think that's probably the business to be in (base supplier). :P. I don't know facts and figures but between expenses and the incredible amount of time involved you have to wonder if indie polish makers really make that much profit. I think so many do it because they love it and they are having to figure out the business aspects as they go. I think that if there are enough people leaving rude comments on Facebook, etc that I can see them deciding it just isn't worth it. That would be a shame.

Dolly just posted this on Facebook

ETA: Jinx!

I actually like that idea. She's really working to make sure everyone gets what they want, and I really appreciate that as a customer!

Cold Winds Are Rising:

100_3817.jpg

100_3791.jpg

You've just convinced me that Cold Winds Are Rising is a total must-have! It looks so awesome on you!

I was at the sale last night. Out of the two I wanted most I could only get one into my cart so I didn't place an order this time since I'd prefer to order more than one at once to help offset shipping. I much prefer the new site. I think we need to keep in mind that we are dealing with a ONE person business (and it's not her full time job) that has taken off and gotten popular so fast that it's not necessarily possible to keep up with demand. It also doesn't help that she (and others) are having issues getting enough base. Personally, I think that's probably the business to be in (base supplier). :P. I don't know facts and figures but between expenses and the incredible amount of time involved you have to wonder if indie polish makers really make that much profit. I think so many do it because they love it and they are having to figure out the business aspects as they go. I think that if there are enough people leaving rude comments on Facebook, etc that I can see them deciding it just isn't worth it. That would be a shame.

I agree completely.

MetalliChick said:
I actually like that idea. She's really working to make sure everyone gets what they want, and I really appreciate that as a customer!

I like the idea too although I do hope she posts some smaller quantities of less popular shades and new shades too. I think its great she's trying to accommodate as many people as possible but its still gotta be fun for her and I can't imagine cranking out the same thing over and over again is much fun. In fact I know its not, especially with creative ventures like this *never knitting another sheep or Jayne hat again*

I like the idea too although I do hope she posts some smaller quantities of less popular shades and new shades too. I think its great she's trying to accommodate as many people as possible but its still gotta be fun for her and I can't imagine cranking out the same thing over and over again is much fun. In fact I know its not, especially with creative ventures like this *never knitting another sheep or Jayne hat again*

You're exactly right, it needs to be fun for her - once it stops being fun and starts to become a chore, everything suffers.

But...buttttt....I wanted a sheep wearing a Jayne hat :sad:

Thank you ladies! I thought it looked like poppycock, but I'm not happy with my nails right now, so....

Anyway, I can see other points of view and I know people just want to buy something pretty and shiny and have it be fun. I really hope that Dolly finds something that works for her and just sticks with it, no matter what anyone else says. If she sways too much based on customer opinions, she'll never reach a place of stability.

Cold Winds Are Rising:

100_3817.jpg

100_3791.jpg

Cold Winds are Rising is so gorgeous! Everytime I see it I like it even more. Hopefully it'll be one of the 5 up in the next Dollish sale.

Cold Winds Are Rising:

100_3817.jpg

I should have bought this last night, dammit! SERIOUSLY regretting having 'willpower' after seeing your swatch! Crossed fingers it's one of the first ones she brings back...

kelkoo89 said:
I should have bought this last night, dammit! SERIOUSLY regretting having 'willpower' after seeing your swatch! Crossed fingers it's one of the first ones she brings back...

Willpower is evil and makes pretty polish cry! It's a good thing I have none...

Cold Winds Are Rising:

100_3817.jpg

100_3791.jpg
:girlsigh: These are oh so beautiful!