Dollish Polish - Swatches and Chit Chat

So they ARE sold out if it says sold out or not? I like the mint green glitter one. I'm not a glitter girl, but that one looks so pretty. Thanks in advance.

that I'm not sure since I think they were only tied up in carts when I went but I think if it says sold out it really is sold out. Is Expecto Patronum the mint green glitter one you wanted? It is my fave...so pretty!!!

So they ARE sold out if it says sold out or not? I like the mint green glitter one. I'm not a glitter girl, but that one looks so pretty. Thanks in advance.

If it says "Sold Out" on the listing page, it is sold out. If something still has a "Add to Cart" button, it is not sold out, yet it might be sitting in someone's cart and is not available to purchase until they release it. They may, indeed, check out with it within their 30 minutes of having it in their cart and the listing may then change to "Sold Out."

Until all the stock of a particular color has actually been checked out/purchased, the listing will not say "Sold Out."

that I'm not sure since I think they were only tied up in carts when I went but I think if it says sold out it really is sold out. Is Expecto Patronum the mint green glitter one you wanted? It is my fave...so pretty!!!

No, the sweet dreams one. Thanks for the info though. I guess I will stick with the only other glitter I like OPI's Pirouette My Whistle. I'm not a glitter girl and its has to be so very subtle.

If it says "Sold Out" on the listing page, it is sold out. If something still has a "Add to Cart" button, it is not sold out, yet it might be sitting in someone's cart and is not available to purchase until they release it. They may, indeed, check out with it within their 30 minutes of having it in their cart and the listing may then change to "Sold Out."

Until all the stock of a particular color has actually been checked out/purchased, the listing will not say "Sold Out."

Thank you, these new ways of ordering nail polish is quite bothersome to me. Isn't the Llarowe page the same way now?

It's not that much to ship within the US, somewhere between $3-$4 for one polish. I believe 12.95 is shipping to Canada. I wouldn't want you to miss out next time :lol: I'm just cheap and since they offer free shipping within the US for orders of $50 or more, I was hoping that they would have more Dollish for sale.

Oh, LOL! Sometimes, I am such an airhead. Thank you for telling me!

I love those new polishes. I really want them but got lucky getting Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto so I'm probably going to pass this restock.

I know that my turn is coming up with the Lynns and I'm hoping to get some polishes from NV's restock.

Good luck ladies!

I just got some of my Lynn wishlist! It was so excited to see them!! I'm excited for you!

I admit nothing. *stares at shattered ban* well that lasted longer than I thought it would.

I have had a time-imposed ban all week! :sad: I know I saved money, but there was so much I would've gotten if I had been there (suddenly, my ban was probably a very good thing). What did you get?

There mustn't have been many polishes, because I was there right on 9am my time and everything I wanted was gone. There must have been all of 30 seconds elapse between the site being put up and me trying them all.

People are being kind of mean to Dolly about it on Facebook :sad:

I agree completely. I know its frustrating, but you're just one person frustrated. The shopowners are one person dealing with the frustrations of 30+ people. I think people forget that as they all unload on that one person.

I still can't get my hands n these bad boys, but I do think I prefer the new system. I liked and bought cool indie polishes when they would sit up on etsy for weeks before selling, and I will like them long after the fad has passed, so I'm smacking myself around and telling myself to be patient, all in good time...

The craze is encouraging me to buy from sellers on etsy who don't have an enormous following yet. I just got all of AltaCosturaVernis polishes. I didn't like the swatch pics, but I'm hoping the reality is as good as I think it might be.

I agree 100%. I've lucked out to buy Indies prior to their uprising. But, too, these colors are often only master sell outs *initially*. As new colors come, the demands for those that are hard to get lessens. It always comes around that you will be able to get the polish you want. Look at Lynns. Impossible for a long time, but very plausible for many with the new wishlist system.
I'll have to set up a page change alert for her stuff! I wouldn't have the patience to keep checking back.

Ooooo, how do you set up a page change alert?

I agree 100%. I've lucked out to buy Indies prior to their uprising. But, too, these colors are often only master sell outs *initially*. As new colors come, the demands for those that are hard to get lessens. It always comes around that you will be able to get the polish you want. Look at Lynns. Impossible for a long time, but very plausible for many with the new wishlist system.

Ooooo, how do you set up a page change alert?

I use Google Chrome as my browser- it has an extension you can get called Page Monitor. It pings each time a change occurs on a page I have told it to watch.

It's not perfect - I tried using it on Smoke Dragon at Ninja Polish, but it pings every time the things other people bought section updates (which, FYI, is a lot!), but given how basic the Dollish Bigcartel page is, I think it could work this time.

No, the sweet dreams one. Thanks for the info though. I guess I will stick with the only other glitter I like OPI's Pirouette My Whistle. I'm not a glitter girl and its has to be so very subtle.

hate to be an enabler, but Expecto Patronum is very subtle but gorgeous milky goodness!!!! and great layered :graucho:

she should not hype up swatches if she doesn't have enough stock .... still people its ONLy nail polish ....

i'm sticking to etsy only seller from now on i have a better chance there since its first come first serve and people can't hold in their cart for 30 min while making up their mind

Agree. Some people on Facebook are saying they bought 8 to 10 of them. I'm sure we will see them on eBay soon :sad:. The thing I liked about etsy was the adrenaline rush of it. Fastest finger. As sick as it sounds, it was like winning a prize. This just wasn't fun since it lingered for hours

MissJamieD said:
I have had a time-imposed ban all week! :sad: I know I saved money, but there was so much I would've gotten if I had been there (suddenly, my ban was probably a very good thing). What did you get?

Humm GTL, Master Chief, Cold Winds, Hip Hop, and Nice Scrunchy. I had the Zelda duo in my cart but I was good and released it since I very very rarely where glitters like that and I managed to think past my 15 year Zelda obsession. I think I need a triforce tattoo...