does your DH or SO try to interefere w/ your chanel addictions?

My husband thinks I am nuts to spend so much on Chanel stuff- bags/accessories and yes makeup, but he is pretty much like 'whatever makes you happy'.... he has his things that he spends money on and I have mine.;)

My husband is very aware of my handbag addiction..But he has NO idea how much I spend on them..If he did he'd ***** his pants!! I don't offer the information...Besides..when my husband buys something for himself it's way more than I could ever stomach to spend at one time..He just bought another Harley last year and secretly I LOVE IT when he puts like 2 grand into chrome and the list goes on....I just look at him and don't say anything...b/c that's my dagger if I ever need one...He spends his $$ the way he wants too, and I spend my $$ the way I want too...However I do leave shopping bags in my car sometimes if I come home and he's there....I'm starting to get sick of "What did you buy now MC?"....Too bad..life's too short...it's in our blood ladies...when are they ever going to get that through their heads!!!!

ohhh jmen darlin...............i join you in the world of the cancer survivor.....but we take things one day at a time, and unless and until proven otherwise, we are totally well! that's my philosophy...you be well and please PM me anytime you want to:heart:

and................teehee................i forced DH to buy himself a Rolex for his last significant birthday (a year ago)..he had never been into personal status luxuries except for electronics. But, I definitely had an ulterior motive (does this surprise anyone?! :jammin:) The following is an explanation for said ulterior motive: (a) 'twould ease my spending guilt (b) 'twould occupy his mind, all he would think about for months (according to my warped sense of reasoning) would be that he had "finally arrived" at the kingdom of men with hunky watches and therefore.......................(c) I, his better and cuter half, would be left alone with my Chanel buying! heehee

PS yes, my booksigning of "Claudia's Journal Of How To Turn DHs/DBFs (Darling Boyfriends),and DSOs (Darling Significant Others) into Chanel Obsession Supporters" will be coming up at various Borders' and Barnes & Nobles....i shall let you all know................:roflmfao: :noworry: :queen:

ohhh jmen darlin...............i join you in the world of the cancer survivor.....but we take things one day at a time, and unless and until proven otherwise, we are totally well! that's my philosophy...you be well and please PM me anytime you want to:heart:

and................teehee................i forced DH to buy himself a Rolex for his last significant birthday (a year ago)..he had never been into personal status luxuries except for electronics. But, I definitely had an ulterior motive (does this surprise anyone?! :jammin:) The following is an explanation for said ulterior motive: (a) 'twould ease my spending guilt (b) 'twould occupy his mind, all he would think about for months (according to my warped sense of reasoning) would be that he had "finally arrived" at the kingdom of men with hunky watches and therefore.......................(c) I, his better and cuter half, would be left alone with my Chanel buying! heehee

PS yes, my booksigning of "Claudia's Journal Of How To Turn DHs/DBFs (Darling Boyfriends),and DSOs (Darling Significant Others) into Chanel Obsession Supporters" will be coming up at various Borders' and Barnes & Nobles....i shall let you all know................:roflmfao: :noworry: :queen:

the best, thank you miss claudia!:P
let me jot this down...buy bf rolex, will make him too preoccupied with his new status purchase to think about my chanel purchases....ok, i think i've got a new plan!:wlae:

lol hes a total enabler, but he knows i am totally debt free, and believe in keeping a 5 month savings reserve and i have an IRA, and i wont buy unless i got the cash to cover my purchase.

i enable him with his expensive cars and buy him car parts and told him to keep his 2nd car when he wanted to sell it because i knew he loved that car.

so we both enable each other.

My fiance doesn't care. The other day he found a picture on the computer i had saved of some Chanel sunnies labeled "wantthese" He was like do you want these baby? order them! lol as much as i want to...i want a wallet first!

lol hes a total enabler, but he knows i am totally debt free, and believe in keeping a 5 month savings reserve and i have an IRA, and i wont buy unless i got the cash to cover my purchase.

Geez, I really admire your tenacity in using only cash and having a savings reserve. I used to be that disciplined but some alien force took over my body chanting "charge it! charge it!" I don't think I will ever be completely debt-free, but at least my debt is a lot better now than it was a year ago.

Guess I'm lucky to have a very supportive DH who believes life is too short to not live well if you've worked hard to earn a living. He's my worst enabler but he knows how much we both work in our professional careers and sees my expensive shopping habit as a stress outlet. We've also discussed that perhaps buying a "few" quality items that last for a long time makes more sense than buying a lot of frivolous, low quality items. So it's really a balance of quality over quantity...well, at least that's how I try to rationalize the madness over designer bags!

There's nothing more empowering than working hard to be able to afford myself these expensive toys (even if it's hard to beat the feeling of coming home to a wonderful surprise in that chanel or LV box!)...so I believe if you've earned it, whether by working or by being rewarded for being a stay at home mom, then you deserve to have a few nice things in life. We do live in an overly materialistic world, but what girl doesn't deserve to feel like a million bucks once in a while! Just my 2 cents...

My boyfriend definitely knows about my Chanel addiction and doesn't have a problem with it. He thinks its silly to spend that much on a purse, but I guess everyone has their thing. Unfortunately, he has no expensive vices to speak of.

DH doesn't have much expensive stuffs except the apartment.. no cars, no expensive watch (he doesn't wear)..
he knows my addiction on bags, heels and designer items. last year i showed him the chanel, said it's a bday gift for myself. he's ok with it as long as i can support myself. he did buy me a tod's tote last yr for my bday..
well, he thinks it's silly to wear a $7000 bag or watch..but he doesn't know i almost reach my first H bag soon.. :yahoo:

My DH..always consult me on his purchases...generally car/houses etc
I do ask for his opinion thgh on the handbags/style I wish to purchase..but never do I need to consult him first..b4 embarking on my purchases.
But my ears are "open" for any comments .DH will always say
.."Dear, u are buying too many of the same brand bags..y don't u buy other stuff like clothing/shoes or other brand of bags"...

Seriously, most of my bags are paid for by my DH (he offered to pay for it...but he rite now..is sponsoring my other shopping other than bags...that's fine..cos I can pay for myself too). It is always nice of him (to be around) if I go overboard with my purchases as I trust him to be there to "stop" me too. Normally, he doesn't.Hehehe
Nothing beats...our relationships..this is something we treasure very much.

My DD and I both are addicted to purses, so my DH has to pay for two addicts. I don't work, so my DD and I charge everything to my DH's cc. He rarely says anything except when we go over the limit of cc. Then he asks us how we can manage to shop that much in one month. Also my DD and I have separate purse fund my DH contributes on special occasions.