does this really happen to all YSL Muse bags? stitching problems (thread from 2006)

Pricey bags like these should NOT have loose stictches at all, for an SA to shrug it off isnt right. I had my eye on a brown one and I think I will look at something else. Loose stitches is shoddy careless work and should NOT happen.

I am hoping to get one in large, in classic black so that it will last me years without having to worry about matching it to my wardrobe & because I need a big black bag especially for travel use. My friend just sold her anthracite but it was not oversize, it was large. Some of the oversize ones have been marked down for sale. Those loose stitches are such a bummer especially since they are priced so high. You would think that they would stitch them tighter & that quality control paid more attention to this flaw.

Hello all! I was looking through some of the previous threads about the MUSE stitching issues and viola! I found lots =(

Alot of the comments never really answered the following:

1. Can you take a Muse bought from a dept store and get it fixed at a YSL boutique?

2. Will Dept stores (i bought mine at neiman marcus) fix your Muse if the stitching is coming off? Also, is there a time limit for this? (like 1 year after purchase?)

3. Has anyone actually had to get theirs fixed? and if so, is the repair holding up well?

My story: I originally bought the dark chocolate muse at the Las Vegas store and after taking it back home to the east coast, I took it out of the dust bag and found that the back stitching were coming off. I immediately returned it to LV and bought another one in Neiman Marcus. Now the bottom stitching (of the Y) is coming off a little (not as bad as the first bag) but I'm worried that it'll get alot worst. I've only had this bag for a month...not even. =( and I wanna make sure that it can be fixed if the problem gets worst. I would hate to have to return another bag..

^^^ I know if you buy a bag from Neiman's they will send it to the company to have it repaired, refurbished, etc. I bought an ombre Prada flap bag about 12 or 13 years ago and Neiman's shipped it right back to Prada for repairs - it even got a new strap!

As for the Muse's stitching, I hope this is not a huge problem with this bag as I'm definitely going to be getting one in the near future.

I've taken several bags back to NM for repairs ... they handled them, no problem, no charge.

My suggestion is take the bag back to NM and have it repaired or exchanged.

It's distressing to me that a bag that costs 4 figures falls apart so soon (even if it's not really coming apart). I just don't think it should happen. I haven't started carrying my new anthracite Muse yet because during the summer I don't carry a bag as much, but I'm distressed that this is considered normal by YSL and that this might happen so soon to mine once the fall begins.

I agree. I just received my muse today and having paid so much for this bag, it's upsetting to hear that the stitches could fall off. Even a $200 bag would not have that problem:cursing:

There have also been threads about this earlier in this forum. I initially bought a choc brown Muse and the SA in Las Vegas gave me one that had ALL the stitcking in the back coming loose. I never saw it on my plane back home because she packed it up all nice and I didn't open the bag until I got home. So I had to go through all this trouble of sending it back. At least they paid for my cost of shipping for the return. I ended up rebuying a taupe Muse at NM...and yes, someof the stitching is already coming loose.

WOW..Thanks to al of you Pfers. I almost bought one last week, the Orange Oversize Muse. (I thought it would be a great carryall and more unisex)..If I didnt forget my credit card during my phone order..i would have had one by now. I ALWAYS look and check out Pfers and GLAD to see and read that Muse owners experienced this YSL company defect!!!

Ladies...you all saved me $1295.00!!:yahoo:

i thought the muse was much more?