Does this happen to anyone?

Lawchick- what's that body glide stuff and where can I buy it?

ALL shoes give me blisters at first and some I break in somewhat, but they give me blisters if I wear them more than a few hours. No matter how comfy shoes feel like they will be, I always just plan on blisters. But I am so sick of moleskin and scrungy bandaids!!!

I've had a few pairs, though that actually hurt my feet. If I can't fix the problem with inserts, I get rid of them. I had a pair of stiletto boots once that felt like a spike was being driven through my heel everytime I took a step. No shoes are worth that kind of pain IMO!!! :nogood:

I bought the Bodyglide at REI after hearing rave reviews about it. I think any sporting goods store would have it. As mentioned by Lavender, Bandaid now also makes a version called Blisterblock. I haven't tried it. I think it's just solid vegetable oil. Body glide is made with aloe vera and triglycerides (for the slippery effect). I heard you can buy it on drugstore.com. I never found it at any local stores but your local Target or drugstore might carry it.

^ Yay! Thank you, I'll have to try that.

I was afraid you would say it was lube. I ordered this body oil from an Amazon partner, because I read in a magazine that all these celebrities use it as perfume... Now they send this erotic gift junkmail to my house. Between that and all my VS catalogues, my mailman probably thinks I'm a total perv!!!!! :shame:

I was afraid you would say it was lube. I ordered this body oil from an Amazon partner, because I read in a magazine that all these celebrities use it as perfume... Now they send this erotic gift junkmail to my house. Between that and all my VS catalogues, my mailman probably thinks I'm a total perv!!!!! :shame:

That's funny. I use the band aid stick also and I think it works really well.

OMG lube!?! That is so funny!!! :lol: I can see why you would thing that after I thought about it. Bodyglide is for atheletes. It is supposed to be to help with chafing. Like if you are a runner and your inner arm is rubbing your torso or your thighs rub etc. I guess guys use it for their nips to prevent the rubbing against their shirt. Weird I know. I feel pervy typing that!!! I'm SO not an athlete but after I heard how great it works for athletic types, I thought of trying it on my feet to help with breaking in shoes and it totally works!

This thread is so comforting....I LOVE SHOES!!! and I have LOTS, and many of which have cost me a fortune...but I also have this problem. I always get blisters and achy feet (although that doesn't stop me from buying more oddly enough) and I always tend to blame my feet ("maybe their structured wrong"), my skin ("maybe my skin's too delicate") or even my weight ("i'm too fat for heels, I bet these 100 lb girls walking around in stilletos don't feel a thing")...so it's great to hear that I'm not the only one withstanding pain and misery for a great looking pair of shoes!! Aaaahhh...the things it takes to be a girl...:P

OMG lube!?! That is so funny!!! :lol: I can see why you would thing that after I thought about it. Bodyglide is for atheletes. It is supposed to be to help with chafing. Like if you are a runner and your inner arm is rubbing your torso or your thighs rub etc. I guess guys use it for their nips to prevent the rubbing against their shirt. Weird I know. I feel pervy typing that!!! I'm SO not an athlete but after I heard how great it works for athletic types, I thought of trying it on my feet to help with breaking in shoes and it totally works!

It was the name :shame:

I'm going to see if they have it at Sports Authority. I hope the salesguys know what it is and don't think what I did :wtf::lol:

lol,
this happens to me ALOT !!!
I guess when I'm in the store, I'm feeling too excited about the shoes, that my mind forgets how much they hurt my feet!!!!!!!!!

This thread is so comforting....I LOVE SHOES!!! and I have LOTS, and many of which have cost me a fortune...but I also have this problem. I always get blisters and achy feet (although that doesn't stop me from buying more oddly enough) and I always tend to blame my feet ("maybe their structured wrong"), my skin ("maybe my skin's too delicate") or even my weight ("i'm too fat for heels, I bet these 100 lb girls walking around in stilletos don't feel a thing")...so it's great to hear that I'm not the only one withstanding pain and misery for a great looking pair of shoes!! Aaaahhh...the things it takes to be a girl...:P

Haha.. I get what you mean! Its some consolation that you are not the only one... :lol:
Anyway, I love shoes as well. And especially when they go on sale...

graymnnce and travelbliss, that's exactly what happpens to me!