Does the H devotée wear H fragrance?

How many of you wear H fragrances? (And if you don't wear H, do you wear French parfumeurs?)

I am super-picky about scent, and last time I sniffed (quite a while ago, I admit), there wasn't one from Hermès I liked. ::blush:: I like complex, Asian-influenced scents, with some spice and woodiness and sometimes a hint of citrus. No heady florals. Is there anything from H I would be likely to enjoy?

I DO wear French fragrances, though. My two *signatures* are:
Summer & warm days-- Passage d'Enfer by l'Artisan Parfumeur
Winter & cool days-- Noirs Epices by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

What do the H ladies/gentlemen wear, if you don't mind my asking?
:smile:

I wear Kelly en Caleche and my Hubby wears Terre de Hermes. Mmmmmm...

For reference I also love Romance by Ralph Lauren and Happy by Clinique. My Hubby also wears Eternity by Calvin Klein and Tiffany Sport.

Last edited:
Reactions: jh88
Does huffing H leather count? :roflmfao:

I haven't ventured into the H scents yet. I got a sample of Terre d'homme when I ordered the carmen from the website and I liked it...for a man.

I wear Pink Sugar - LOL! I don't like "perfumy" things. This is sweet and fruity. If H has any sweet, fruity scents, I will gladly try them, though! I probably should have sampled some while I was there, but there were so MANY other things to see.

Hey! You wear 2 of my old favourites! :tup: I even had Passage in my avatar until last week!
But Passage d'Enfer leads straight to Avignon (excuse the pun) (B. Duchaufour for CDG) - you must try it, if you hadn't yet! (Also Zagorsk, from CDG's Incense series - its a softer, woodsier, "Greek Orthodox" take on church-incense. Or in fact the whole incense-series...)
Sadly, by now I somehow almost "killed" Avignon by overdose - now I'm pondering upon either Incense Extreme (Andy Tauer) or Baume du Doge (by Eau d'Italie, it's a deeply spicy Venetian), but both verge a tad towards the masculine side perhaps??
Back to H: I think Terre d'Hermès comes quite near to what you wrote. Brin de Reglisse (lavender & liquorice; not floral at all!) is great too, or sweet Ambre Narguile for winter (if you're okay with ambre). I loved Hiris a lot last spring, until I came upon Passage and L'Artisan in general. My other favourite by them is d'Humeur Massacrante.
Eau des Merveilles I liked in late winter but come spring, I got somewhat put off... maybe I'll revisit it this February?
Love this thread!

Last edited:
I don't like the regular fragrances, if that's what you'd call them. But, I like a couple of the Hermessence, like Poivre Samarcande and Osmanthe Yunnan, and sometimes during summer Rose Ikebana.

Im more of a Chanel girl when it comes to perfumes or the Bond nbr 9 perfumes, love them. Actually, I like to try out all the new french perfumes when they come out and im not picky as long as its not too fruity (can anyone tell I just like to shop around Sephora :P). No one hate me and its totally my own personal opinion but I hated the Jardin perfume it smelled waaaay to grassy for me.
Still I cannot give up the arabic perfumes of oud and incense which are the strongest smells ever and would stick to your clothes for days if not weeks

I like light and clean fragrances and of all of the Hermes ones, Kelly Caleche was the only one that worked for me. The rest were too overwhelming. I also like Rose Ikebana but only have a ton of the samples, lol.

I was given Jardin as a gift and wore it for a while, but I soon found it too.......something.....I can't really put into words what it is I found unpleasant. I also did not care for Mousson right from the first whiff.

I love both Terre d'Hermès and Vétiver Tonka. I really like Eau d'Orange Verte, especially the concentrated version. I also have Un Jardin sur le Nil and Un Jardin après la Mousson. I like the first one for occasional use. The Mousson -- it worked so much better on the tester card than it did on me. It's a bit overpowering. That being said, between the color of the bottle and the contents, I'll never part with the Mousson as it's a lovely blue-green.

I also use Bulgari Extrême on rare occasions, but the tobacco in it is a bit overpowering.

A lot of the male Hermès salespeople say they love the Rose Ikebana, however, I find it way too floral for me. The sales reps have given me enough vials of it so that I know it's just not for me.

If your experimenting with Hermès fragrances has not taken place within an Hermès store, you might want to make a pilgrimage to one of their boutiques and try out the Hermessences. I used to think they were pricey until I saw what Tom Ford charges for his fragrances (though if his Oud Wood were comparably priced to the Hermessences line, I'd definitely have that on the shelf, too!).

Last edited:
I never used to wear fragrances as they made m sneeze and gave me really horrible asthma attacks! Now, I'm an "H" scented girl all the way!

I started out with Brin de Reglisse. It's lavendar and black licorice and smells divine! DH says I smell like candy and he likes candy ;) Next I fell in love with un Jardin sur la mediterranee and had to have those spices! Of course, they came out with Un Jardin apres las mousson the very next season! That wonderful earthy smell is intoxicating! I wear it almost daily. The Mediterranee is really good for the winter months, as those spices are perfect for the season.

Kelly Caleche is great too but, I've never owned it.