does seeing a celebrity carry a certain bag, make you want it more?

Do u buy ur Chanel cuz of celebrity sometimes? Or u love ur bag even more cuz u c the exact same bag being used by someone famous??If u do then JOIN THE CLUB ;)!

*Plz bear in mind I do have my own style and more often than not I buy what I like regardless of fashion trend/celebrity trend.*

Call me shallow but I sometimes follow celebrity style - I buy the exact same bag cuz it looks so good on them :nuts: without thinking that I'm no celeb!!But it really depends on which celebs too cuz not all of them fit the 'stylish' category.

1.)I admit I buy my gold luxury bowler becuz I fell in :heart: with Linday's pic<--TO BE CLEAR:I am not in love with Lindsay Lohan :lol:!!!Originally I loved the style but didn't buy it when it first came out cuz I wasn't into Chanel then.The bag slowly made it to the top my wishlist.........:sweatdrop:.

2.)I :heart: my light silver even more after seeing Mischa Barton's pic w/ one!Paris Hilton's pic didn't really do it for me.....Mischa did.

3.)Now the Jessica Alba bag - the blue soft&chain flap -.........I just cannot believe the power of celebrity!!!!I didn't care for this bag at all when it was first posted on the forum..then as I keep seeing a lot Jessica Alba's photos with this blue bag I slowly started to get obsessed :nuts:...........I'm still amazed at myself for being this crazy!!

4.)And last but not least the infamous OLSEN TOTE!!!I did not and do not understand the fuss about this bag at all....It's very simple Chanel IMO (Apologies to those who put this tote at the top of their list).BUT the more I look at the pic the more I thought to myself,hmmmmmmmmmmm it would b nice to have one of this!!-->C-R-A-Z-Y<--

I hope I'm not alone on this :s!!

Attachments

• Lindsay.jpg
    Lindsay.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 310
  • Paris.jpg
    Paris.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 105
  • Olsen tote 2.jpg
    Olsen tote 2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 180
  • Mischa.jpg
    Mischa.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 171
  • JessicaAlba.jpg
    JessicaAlba.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 218
I have never bought a bag just because a certain celebrity has it, but one of my favorite celebrities also has one of my dream bags! It's Rachel Bilson with the white distressed caviar hybrid flap in medium. I freaking LOVE both of them!!!! So I've obsessed with pictures lol...but I just ordered it a week ago, and it should be home tomorrow!

hahaha...I'm kind of a stalker!

also the pic of Courtney Cox (even though I don't really like her) with the Jumbo hybrid made me want the bag, way before I knew what Chanel was! Now I have both hybrids and absolutely love them! :yahoo:

Attachments

• rachel-bilson-chuck-08.jpg
    rachel-bilson-chuck-08.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 144
  • rachel-bilson-cafe-habana-02.jpg
    rachel-bilson-cafe-habana-02.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 453
  • rachel-bilson-chuck-05.jpg
    rachel-bilson-chuck-05.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 133
  • courteneycoxdavidarquette2.jpg
    courteneycoxdavidarquette2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 106
  • mariahcarwhtbl2.jpg
    mariahcarwhtbl2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 152
If a celeb or a forum member wears/models the bag with the right outfit, it can make me WANT the bag more for sure. I have to admit I bought my medallion tote after seeing Lauren Conrad wear it so well with so many outfits.

definately does!! i mean...i get more jealous inside when i see a celebrity wear a really nice one...especially one that i want..
especially mischa barton too...that girl has so many chanel bags!!! grrrrr lol

I but what I like..... but sometimes when a celebrity is wearing a bag and she is all dolled up....it makes me admire the bag so much more...
like Kim Kardarshian... I never really cared for the vinyl coco cabas-but when she wears it-it looks great and not look as big...
also i have been dying for the modern chain hobo with new chain...and she is carrying that one now and I have to have it... she makes it look so good...(i did like it before I seen her carrying it though)

I don't think it's the celebrity that makes or breaks a bag for me. There are a few factors I take into consideration when I find myself lusting after a bag:
1. Will this bag stand the test of time and transcend fashion trends? I spend lots of $$$ on staple items in my closet I know I'll use forever and go cheaper on trendy stuff I know I may or may not wear next season.
2. Is this bag practical? Like can I put my essentials in here, will it be too heavy or inconvenient to carry? Am I wearing the bag or is the bag wearing me?
3. How will I wear this bag? I think this is where celebrities come in handy because they can help me visualize what kind of dresscode to wear (dressy or casual). I do have to take into consideration if it fits my style too. It's like you see something on the runway that is GORGEOUS, but you know if real life, you will never have a chance to wear it.

I think all in all, I love looking at tons of bags (which celebrities and tpf-ers come in way handy), but only a select few make the cut when it comes to actually purchasing and taking home!

Hmm.. yes, but depends on the celebrity. I actually got into Chanel when I saw Mischa Barton in the tabloids carrying them around. I never watched the OC before, but the tabloids definitely got me noticing the bags. However, if Britney were to ever wear Chanel.. I'd be so turned off...

I never thought the cerf/exec tote was anything special, but after seeing photos of Courtney Cox carrying it, I'm definitely getting that bag once I get my CPA license. :yes:

For me....first I would have my eye on the bag...then if I see a celeb using it...then I for sure want it!!!
I was planning to get the Cerf bag...but knowing that the price was going up...I knew I had to get it soon...BUT...once I saw pictures of Courtney Cox and Rhinanna carrying the CERF bag...I knew I had to get it for sure....I see them using it...even on their casual casual days...so I know I can use it on my casual days...and not just use it for work. Plus...Courtney Cox and Rhianna...are way different in age...and that helped me too...because...I am in my 40's...so I know someone in their 20's or in their 40's can use that bag. So..I totally agree with Sopeary.

I have never bought a bag just because a certain celebrity has it, but one of my favorite celebrities also has one of my dream bags! It's Rachel Bilson with the white distressed caviar hybrid flap in medium. I freaking LOVE both of them!!!! So I've obsessed with pictures lol...but I just ordered it a week ago, and it should be home tomorrow!

hahaha...I'm kind of a stalker!

also the pic of Courtney Cox (even though I don't really like her) with the Jumbo hybrid made me want the bag, way before I knew what Chanel was! Now I have both hybrids and absolutely love them! :yahoo:

ITA. I love everything about the hybrid (chain, clasp, distressed leather) but it made it even sweeter when you see a celebrity you like wearing it. So in other words, I have to like it first before I copy a celebrity.