Does Hermes stamp fade?

Hi! I've seen a Hermes Kelly bag on Collector Square and on the inside the Hermes stamp is so blurry I can barely read it. I called and asked them so they assured me that it was made in the 90s and since its a handmade piece as all their bags, at times the stamps are blurred. I'm concerned because I've never seen a blurry stamp, as in the letters appear stamped on top of each other almost. But the website assures me the bag is authentic and not fake. Any ideas? I would love to go for the bag but am worried about authenticity. When I mentioned possibly taking the bag to Hermes to refresh the stamps they told me I can definitely do that so they seem very genuine.

Hello, I’m new here. Could somebody kindly help to see if this is normal? Bought this from an online reputable reseller. Saw that the heat stamp is spotty when received the bag. It‘s a Birkin in Togo, x stamp. Should I be worried of the authenticity? Thank you.

E958D013-8A9D-4412-A6A9-6A0F9F6DB52A.jpeg

D0A8655C-684E-4CDB-9BEF-2572B0B2DF64.jpeg

Hello, I’m new here. Could somebody kindly help to see if this is normal? Bought this from an online reputable reseller. Saw that the heat stamp is spotty when received the bag. It‘s a Birkin in Togo, x stamp. Should I be worried of the authenticity? Thank you.

View attachment 5149058

View attachment 5149059
Always get a 3rd party independent authentication when buying resale. @bababebi comes highly, highly recommended here.....

Hi! I've seen a Hermes Kelly bag on Collector Square and on the inside the Hermes stamp is so blurry I can barely read it. I called and asked them so they assured me that it was made in the 90s and since its a handmade piece as all their bags, at times the stamps are blurred. I'm concerned because I've never seen a blurry stamp, as in the letters appear stamped on top of each other almost. But the website assures me the bag is authentic and not fake. Any ideas? I would love to go for the bag but am worried about authenticity. When I mentioned possibly taking the bag to Hermes to refresh the stamps they told me I can definitely do that so they seem very genuine.

Did you read the post immediately before yours?
What that writer was proposing to do seemed very unwise.
It would raise a concern if it were to be resold.
Something like that could have been done to the bag you are proposing.
Treat it as a red flag; a reseller would tell you anything to give you confidence.
I am not sure if Hermes would refresh a stamp; it is such a difficult thing to do to get the registration spot on.
Get an independent authentication because there are other more significant indications of whether bags are genuine. The seller should be prepared to send you all the photos you require without any difficulty.

Hi everyone! Does anyone have a picture of a bag they bought directly from Hermès that has a faded heat stamp? I've read through this thread and although there are many opinions to the contrary, I don't see any evidence that real Hermès bags ever get any fading to the heat stamp. But I suppose it's true there's probably no one in the forum here who bought their bag in 1990 or before!

they do and Paris will restamp it if possible. One of mine is doing exactly that. It is in box so it should be easier. I don’t know about grained leather like Togo. My Togo Birkin has a not too clear stamp like pictures shown in this thread. I got it when the box was wrapped in plastic and the SA opened it in front of me. I have bags in croc and fjord with unclear stamps as well. It depends on the pattern of scale and grain in the area. I don’t want to get them restamped and never asked.
Hi everyone! Does anyone have a picture of a bag they bought directly from Hermès that has a faded heat stamp? I've read through this thread and although there are many opinions to the contrary, I don't see any evidence that real Hermès bags ever get any fading to the heat stamp. But I suppose it's true there's probably no one in the forum here who bought their bag in 1990 or before!

• Insightful
Reactions: 880