Does Hermes stamp fade?

The white background dalmations have stamps, the black do not, I was not clear, sorry.

Oooo no problem darling I kind of like the clean look but I do wonder why it's not stamped an SA told me that it may be the leather condition but that many times they try to solve this by making a leather piece that can get stamped like say the silk and barenia kellys or some doblis bags that get a leather strip just for the stamp I wonder what this type of leather truly is like that H gives it no stamp ???? Best darling and no problem for a minute there I though I was going a bit crazy LOL!!!!

Well yes but heat-stamps do more than mark a bag with the Hermes name, for me it was a early sign of a bad leather condition with a 3 month old blue Jean birkinthe heatstamp started fading and the peeling after that the resin began doing the same thing .......... But the bag was replaced and that was that .......but point is the heat stamp being a superficial stamp on the leather could be saying something that or was it scraped? Was the bag in contact with a leather cleaner?. Do you have pictures ???? And I have seen fading stamps from top to bottom almost in a degrade manner but vertically????? Odd but possible . Hope it helps darling .birkel.
There's a birkin I am looking at purchasing, but its stamp is fading. You mentioned that in some cases it can be redone. Have you had it redone on any of your bags? Do you know what method the stamp was placed if it is an Birkin Arbennes with an F blindstamp? Also, does this issue decrease the value of the Birkin? Thanks!

darling i have seen stamps corrected as in drifting and bleeding stamps if the bag looses all of its stamp i think it can be redone if its not too visible in a barenia type look but ????? its a question of asking since Hermes is now a tottally diferent company doll hope it helps birkel!!!

P.S there is a birkin ostrich on CDL faded stamp i think this for example if the rest was shampooed off it could be redone maybe take a look !! may help doll

Last edited:
The stamp on my clemence Lindy fades as well. I just bought the bag early this year but have been using the bag extensively. Luckily it's gris tourterelle hence the fading stamp is not very noticeable. To be honest I was quite shocked when I noticed this as the stamps on my birkin and kelly (clemence) are still very beautiful though they were bought few years ago. The SA said I could send the bag back to France but I'm not going to do this coz am now carrying it out everyday with my little girl. Personally I think Lindy is a perfect bag when you out and about with kids.

Last edited:
The (silver)stamp on my storefresh menthe evelyne was sort of rubbed of after just using it a handfull of times.I don't mind,cause the authenticity can always be proofed by the leather craftsmanstamp I think.Honestly I wish the stamp on my double sens wasn't placed so obviously on the bright side(rose jaipur/biscuit)

Hi, has anyone ever experienced any fading with the "HERMES PARIS MADE IN FRANCE" lettering on any bags or other leather goods? I am a bit concerned about my Lindy in Etoupe (bought from a seller I feel is quite trustworthy). Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Thank you~~

fading normal can be redone in certain cases,peeling though not normal actually not good i had a serious problem with a bag that peeled and rejected stamp and resin the bag was replaced but its a whole other issue.best is ask docride and please post pics darling.hope it helps.birkel

Fading of Hermes Paris Made in France is normal. It may happen on chevre if you scratched or accidentally scratched against metal/rough surfaces over time. You can send to Hermes and they will help to fix.

I have a black Togo B that I purchased at FSH. I'm very careful with my bags, but after I'd had it about 2 months the top left part of the H was missing (fading?). I took it to Claude in N.Y. and expressed concern. He said not to worry, it can happen.

I was wondering if the Hermes Made in Paris stamp is supposed to be a deep stamp in the leather or just printed lightly on the leather. Also I have seen some stamps in giant close up that look like the ink is fuzzy on the edges. I thought the stamps are supposed to be super sharp and clean? Maybe I made that up ? :smile:

I was wondering if the Hermes Made in Paris stamp is supposed to be a deep stamp in the leather or just printed lightly on the leather. Also I have seen some stamps in giant close up that look like the ink is fuzzy on the edges. I thought the stamps are supposed to be super sharp and clean? Maybe I made that up ? :smile:

They are hand stamped and so there are variations in terms of how sharp the stamp is.