Does Hermes accept...

CynthiaNYC...I still can't believe it! I want you to use the GC for the great Hermes stuff for the BABIES!!!! It just builds up the anticipation...in a good way! Know what I mean?! My wife and I saw the cutest baby wrap...the quality, the craftsmanship, the beauty of holding it with the baby inside....and then the price of it:wtf: sticker shock...that's debbie downer for sure! And you're having twins! By the way, twins means you're two birkins or two kellys or one of each! Smile!

Petpringles, you need to email my husband and convince him that I need two bags for two babies, LOL!! He's agreed to one, but only one. Hmm maybe I could get him to give me cash, and snag a Birkin AND a Kelly with it, if I played my cards right? God I'm a greedy little thing. :lol:

I wanted to use the gift card for the little H cotton baby blankets actually, but oh well! I can handle buying those. Maybe I'll just hit Bergdorf or something and break out of the semi-rut of buying ONLY Hermes (or something random for the house) every time I spend a dime lately :P

Hlfinn, I remember you saying that now.

If they won't take them at Old Navy, Hermes is out. I think they make gift cards hard to use to keep the cash! Don't some start to evaporate over the months if you don't use them?

Yeah I think you have to use them within a year or something.

They don't take them at Old Navy, seriously?? I used to work for a Gap-owned store and we took them, though they were sort of a hassle for the cashier, I'll admit.

they took it but they had to call and it was a whole shebang. honestly i could not hate anything more than amex gcs. and god forbid you don't use the whole thing on one purchase- so much harder to use them again. i swear. ugh. yes, after a year you lose 2 bucks a month. fo sho. because it happened to me. which is depressing.

Petpringles, you need to email my husband and convince him that I need two bags for two babies, LOL!! He's agreed to one, but only one. Hmm maybe I could get him to give me cash, and snag a Birkin AND a Kelly with it, if I played my cards right? God I'm a greedy little thing. :lol:

I wanted to use the gift card for the little H cotton baby blankets actually, but oh well! I can handle buying those. Maybe I'll just hit Bergdorf or something and break out of the semi-rut of buying ONLY Hermes (or something random for the house) every time I spend a dime lately :P

Hlfinn, I remember you saying that now.

CynthiaNYC: For your husband: 2 beautiful babies equal 2 grogeous hermes bags! Like white on rice! No question there!!

But seriously, those H cotton blankets are just so undescribably elegant yet comfortable. I have yet to see a baby in one...really!!! Could yours be the first?!:okay:

Oh we're definitely buying them! I just promised my hubby NO buying of ANYTHING for the babies until after a certain point. We're a little scared of jinxing anything, after having lost 8 little ones (pregnancies, that is) in 5 years :cry:

Oh we're definitely buying them! I just promised my hubby NO buying of ANYTHING for the babies until after a certain point. We're a little scared of jinxing anything, after having lost 8 little ones (pregnancies, that is) in 5 years :cry:

Wow CynthiaNYC...you and your husband are on the same boat as we were...it took forever and a day, miscarriages after another and the emotional roller coaster, sometime I blame the fact that we waited too long to start a family...finally one came and then more miscarriages before the second one...amazing how it comes so easy for other huh? I guess this is why my wife and boys are so close as a family...afraid to lose each other. Anyway...I am so happy for you. You'll have fun and spoiling them...it just feels sooooo good!!!! And so right!!!! :tup:

I think I gave my younger sis an AMEX traveler's check for her college graduation once, and she took it on a trip to NYC. She told me that she had a hard time using it at H&M (this was back when the only H&M in the US was in NYC), so she took it to her bank and cashed it. Maybe you could do that? On a side note, I know Nordstrom takes EVERY form of payment possible, so if you ever are near a Nordstrom, I know you can use it there. I thought AMEX gc's were supposed to work like traveler's checks, and traveler's checks worked like cash. Am I wrong about that?