Does Chanel jeweries always have Chanel stamped?

shopdrop

O.G.
Dec 31, 2007
For those of you who own Chanel jeweries ( necklaces or earrings) do they always come with stamped on the back or little tiny tag? If they don't, how do you know if it's authentic or not?

Last edited:
I've noticed that some of the newer CJ have an imprint of the Chanel stamp in place of an authenicity stamp on the item. Should indicate the season and the Made in France markings. HTH

All the costume jewelleries I have have either the oval Chanel stamp stamped somewhere or there will be a little metal tag with the oval Chanel stamp. You may or may not have the black plastic tag and having the plastic tag does not translate to your piece being authentic. Why don't you post a pic in our authenticity thread? The girls there will be able to give you their views. HTH.

The ladies at the Purse Forum said it should have oval tag or edging somewhere. Does anyone own the necklace which doesn't have any edging ot oval tag and know it for sure that it's authentic?

I have a necklace that was purchased from the boutique several years back and it does not have the oval tag. (Ergo, that shoots the theory that they all have the oval.)

^^Judy, the necklace that we viewed in the authentication thread SHOULD have a stamp. We didn't say they all should be stamped, but the one she posted pictures of SHOULD.

Mine all have the oval stamp on the clasp that says either "CHANEL Made in France" or "CHANEL Made in Italy"

I have one necklace that has a small, round piece that has the Chanel logo stamped on one side and the "CHANEL Made in Italy" stamped on the other.

^^Judy, the necklace that we viewed in the authentication thread SHOULD have a stamp. We didn't say they all should be stamped, but the one she posted pictures of SHOULD.

Thanks for the CAPITAL LETTERS. Didn't realize I've gone blind or am I supposed to be hearing impaired. Either way, I merely responded to the general thought that all pieces have the oval tag.