Does anyone use Poshmark?

Re Authentication:

This is why I’ve actually started buying authentication FOR my buyers. Posh Authenticate doesn’t seem trustworthy enough to me (but I’ve never bought anything expensive there, though I sell luxury brands almost exclusively.) That said, I want my buyers to be happy & frankly, if that means I spend more to get my items authenticated (even though the majority are boutique buys) I’m okay with that.

I believe that in the long run, it forges trust & value in what I’m doing & I’m not trying to hide anything. I think people get taken so often with luxury goods, if I can do something to help them feel more comfortable, I will. x

Last edited by a moderator:
Re Authentication:

This is why I’ve actually started buying authentication FOR my buyers. Posh Authenticate doesn’t seem trustworthy enough to me (but I’ve never bought anything expensive there, though I sell luxury brands almost exclusively.) That said, I want my buyers to be happy & frankly, if that means I spend more to get my items authenticated (even though the majority are boutique buys) I’m okay with that.

I believe that in the long run, it forges trust & value in what I’m doing & I’m not trying to hide anything. I think people get taken so often with luxury goods, if I can do something to help them feel more comfortable, I will. x

Hi, I am really glad you actually get the items authenticated for the buyer. That is awesome, I am looking to purchase and LV item from Posh and I did pay to have it authenticated. It's well worth it, and gives you piece of mind. :smile:

Reactions: FromtheBay2DTLA
Sellers, can anybody explain to me what the parties are all about? does participating increase the chance of sales? do I need to drop prices for the party?
To me it looks like a complete waste of time, so I always ignored them. Still I get about 10 invitations a day. But maybe I'm missing something?

Reactions: One_of_the_girls
Sellers, can anybody explain to me what the parties are all about? does participating increase the chance of sales? do I need to drop prices for the party?
To me it looks like a complete waste of time, so I always ignored them. Still I get about 10 invitations a day. But maybe I'm missing something?

You don't have to drop prices. It's just an another opportunity to share your items. I've done it if I happen to be on the site when there is a party my items are relevant to. I don't know that you really see a difference in sales, but I generally don't participate in the whole social aspect that Poshmark promotes.

You don't have to drop prices. It's just an another opportunity to share your items. I've done it if I happen to be on the site when there is a party my items are relevant to. I don't know that you really see a difference in sales, but I generally don't participate in the whole social aspect that Poshmark promotes.
Thank you, that's what I thought. I sell premier designers mostly. Serious buyers don't buy 1K+ stuff just because it's on party. And I'm not eager to drop prices unreasonably low. I'll pass.

Reactions: FromtheBay2DTLA
I am somehow a bit surprised. I purchased a handbag that went through Poshmark Concierge QC and somehow passed inspection despite having a severely cracked and cut leather all through the handle and torn leather on the tabs where the handle attaches to the bag. The price was excellent, but the bag was not salvageable. The seller took the maximum time to ship the bag and then it had to go to poshmark inspection, so it happened that I was out of town for the long weekend when the item was delivered. When I got home the 3 or 4 day inspection period had just passed, so I sent an message to poshmark customer service showing the severe damage to the bag compared to the description and photos which did not show this and asked to return it. They replied that I had 3 or 4 days to file for a return and since it was now the day after they could not help me. I messaged back asking for a second consideration, as I had purchased with PayPal and it was clearly SNAD and was told they couldn’t help me. After another set of emails where they declined to review the bag again or allow a return, I had to file a claim with PayPal because I didn’t want to be out thousands of dollars on a destroyed bag. Poshmark ignored the claim for a week until I had to escalate with PayPal, and only then I got the ok through PayPal to ship the bag back to Poshmark. This was at the end of last week, so I am still waiting for the refund.
I have continued to use my poshmark account in the meantime, selling a few items that I had listed for awhile. Today I attempted to make a purchase and got an error message. I tried on several listings from other sellers and had the same thing happen. Poshmark has blocked me from buying on their site. That is certainly their prerogative, my only surprise is that from a customer service point of view, I would have expected an email explaining this. The whole thing is very odd, ignoring a PayPal claim, not responding to my messages, blocking my account without a notice.

I am somehow a bit surprised. I purchased a handbag that went through Poshmark Concierge QC and somehow passed inspection despite having a severely cracked and cut leather all through the handle and torn leather on the tabs where the handle attaches to the bag. The price was excellent, but the bag was not salvageable. The seller took the maximum time to ship the bag and then it had to go to poshmark inspection, so it happened that I was out of town for the long weekend when the item was delivered. When I got home the 3 or 4 day inspection period had just passed, so I sent an message to poshmark customer service showing the severe damage to the bag compared to the description and photos which did not show this and asked to return it. They replied that I had 3 or 4 days to file for a return and since it was now the day after they could not help me. I messaged back asking for a second consideration, as I had purchased with PayPal and it was clearly SNAD and was told they couldn’t help me. After another set of emails where they declined to review the bag again or allow a return, I had to file a claim with PayPal because I didn’t want to be out thousands of dollars on a destroyed bag. Poshmark ignored the claim for a week until I had to escalate with PayPal, and only then I got the ok through PayPal to ship the bag back to Poshmark. This was at the end of last week, so I am still waiting for the refund.
I have continued to use my poshmark account in the meantime, selling a few items that I had listed for awhile. Today I attempted to make a purchase and got an error message. I tried on several listings from other sellers and had the same thing happen. Poshmark has blocked me from buying on their site. That is certainly their prerogative, my only surprise is that from a customer service point of view, I would have expected an email explaining this. The whole thing is very odd, ignoring a PayPal claim, not responding to my messages, blocking my account without a notice.
I'm not surprised. This is what scares me from buying on their site. I'm sorry this happened to you. I wonder what they will do with the returned bag.

Reactions: nicole0612
I'm not surprised. This is what scares me from buying on their site. I'm sorry this happened to you. I wonder what they will do with the returned bag.
Thank you Whateve. I was wondering the same thing. Will they sell it themselves?
Every company makes mistakes, but I would think they would be a bit more professional about handling the aftercare when they were clearly in the wrong. These days people can make such a fuss on social media when a company does not treat them fairly and it can be a bad look for the company; luckily I am not one of those people!

Reactions: whateve