Does anyone use Poshmark?

I just bought some Chanel sunglasses on posh that are supposed to be authentic they look authentic but can’t find any of them anywhere else imon the Internet I’m this color anyone can help

Attachments

• 63EFBCB5-A964-494A-B801-0B47C066A7C4.jpeg
    63EFBCB5-A964-494A-B801-0B47C066A7C4.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 288
  • 445897CD-5431-4C02-9196-F1D6B8E2BF33.jpeg
    445897CD-5431-4C02-9196-F1D6B8E2BF33.jpeg
    191.5 KB · Views: 296
  • 407426CB-286C-4184-BB9A-C3E771398E84.jpeg
    407426CB-286C-4184-BB9A-C3E771398E84.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 304
I agree with what the other person said. Pay to have it authenticated (because Posh is terrible at authenticating and may tell you that you're wrong), and then send an email. If you discover something is fake after it's been accepted, they should take it back. When I had a conversation with them on the phone, that is what I was told.
Where can we pay to have it authenticated

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread to ask a question, so I apologize beforehand.

I was inquiring on an LV bag on PM. The seller (who seems experienced) didn't accept my best offer, but offered a lower price through Mercari. Without the authentication service, I'm not sure if it's safe buying through Mercari. Any opinions/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread to ask a question, so I apologize beforehand.

I was inquiring on an LV bag on PM. The seller (who seems experienced) didn't accept my best offer, but offered a lower price through Mercari. Without the authentication service, I'm not sure if it's safe buying through Mercari. Any opinions/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

I would check the seller’s other items to see if she seems reliable. If so, Mercari is more like eBay, purchase with PayPal and have it authenticated when you receive it. You might want to submit that poshmark listing/photos to the Authenticate this LV thread prior to purchasing if it meets their criteria for authentications.

Thanks

I say if you saw it on Poshmark you should buy it on Poshmark .

I’ve been searching for meridian blue strassed Fifi’s forever. I came across a seller with a VP pair. I wasn’t sure that they were original (I never saw them in VP) but it was a quality application even if not original. They were a half size bigger than I needed but I know I can make them work bc I have lots of VP’s... so I offered her 93% of her list price. She declined. Fair enough.

My boyfriend knows I’ve been searching forever for them and he decided to buy them for me and gave her full list price. He was so excited he couldn’t even wait to tell me and ruined the surprise within almost an hour of buying them. Sure enough, she canceled the sale.

I stalk multiple apps daily for certain pairs so I would have known if this pair was listed anywhere else and it isn’t. She’s a new seller so aside from just being a total tool, maybe she just didn’t realize posh takes 20%.

I’m pretty bummed but I feel bad for my boyfriend. He was SO excited. I don’t sell on posh myself anymore bc I refuse to compete with counterfeits when it comes to pricing. The only thing I ever had luck selling there was cheap stuff. But I still buy there lots. Only things I can verify myself or get help verifying... I don’t know why I still do though. 7 out of 10 times it’s a canceled sale, some hassle or delay, or a huge disappointment. eBay is WAY easier for me as a buyer and isn’t that bad for me as a seller. I’m curious why more poshmark sellers don’t sell on eBay? Anyone on this thread in the know?

I’m curious why more poshmark sellers don’t sell on eBay? Anyone on this thread in the know?
This is speculation but I bet a lot of sellers were booted from ebay and then go to Poshmark. I've seen many of the same fakes listed on PM that were removed (often multiple times) from ebay as a result of reports.

And if they're also reneging on sales, ebay will eventually NARU them and as you've found, it's possible that your seller might be one who just moved to PM.

Reactions: tiffCAKE
I’m curious why more poshmark sellers don’t sell on eBay? Anyone on this thread in the know?
I sell on both Poshmark and eBay, but haven't bought anything on Poshmark before. I've only been using it for a year, but I already prefer it over eBay for selling. I like that the shipping cost is baked into their 20% fee. Because I sell shoes (which get pretty heavy), shipping + eBay fees + PayPal fees often come to 20% or more of the selling price anyway. I also think Poshmark protects sellers way better than eBay, and I like that when a buyer submits an offer, it's binding as the money is held from them until the seller accepts. Not the case with eBay as paying for something you've purchased optional for the buyer. On eBay, you have 30 days to up to six months to make a return, whereas on Poshmark the buyer gets three days.

To be honest, I haven't had any bad experiences yet with either platform other than the occasional non-payment on eBay. But that is annoying enough to be a turnoff. eBay also isn't as fun as it was in the early days, and Poshmark is still fun (for now).

This is speculation but I bet a lot of sellers were booted from ebay and then go to Poshmark. I've seen many of the same fakes listed on PM that were removed (often multiple times) from ebay as a result of reports.

And if they're also reneging on sales, ebay will eventually NARU them and as you've found, it's possible that your seller might be one who just moved to PM.
I'm not saying I disagree with you. I only want to quote you to say that eBay has it's fair share of fakes, too--and when a power seller sells them, eBay downright defends them.
You're not really safe from fakes anywhere when shopping online. Nor are you rid of sh*tty sellers (and buyers) on either platform, either!

I sell on both Poshmark and eBay, but haven't bought anything on Poshmark before. I've only been using it for a year, but I already prefer it over eBay for selling. I like that the shipping cost is baked into their 20% fee. Because I sell shoes (which get pretty heavy), shipping + eBay fees + PayPal fees often come to 20% or more of the selling price anyway. I also think Poshmark protects sellers way better than eBay, and I like that when a buyer submits an offer, it's binding as the money is held from them until the seller accepts. Not the case with eBay as paying for something you've purchased optional for the buyer. On eBay, you have 30 days to up to six months to make a return, whereas on Poshmark the buyer gets three days.

To be honest, I haven't had any bad experiences yet with either platform other than the occasional non-payment on eBay. But that is annoying enough to be a turnoff. eBay also isn't as fun as it was in the early days, and Poshmark is still fun (for now).

I’m a shoe hoarder myself so that’s my thing. I don’t have much trouble except when shipping more than one pair. On eBay I offer free shipping to buyer (and yes pay out of pocket) but I don’t list anything as an auction so I’m in control of accepting the offer. I’m very aware that an item is only “worth” what someone is willing to pay and has nothing to do with what it cost me to acquire. So sometimes I have to accept a price I don’t like or hold onto something (or donate it).

I didn’t realize that buyers on eBay could open a case months later against a seller. I would never do that unless it was counterfeit and in that case, it doesn’t matter if it was a year later because it’s still illegal. But I’ve always felt safe on eBay bc whenever I’ve reported something it was removed within hours if not almost immediately. Maybe I should be more wary as a seller.

On eBay I pay for expedited priority shipping with insurance and signatures free to buyer. But I don’t sell anything as auction so I’m in control of my final price keeping in mind the costs. It’s usually $15-40 depending on the insurance. I hate paying for posh shipping 2/3 day labels as a buyer and waiting a week before seller even gets around to dropping it into the mail... at least I get to rate that on eBay)

I don’t like selling on poshmark because for 20% commission, I expect them to do more, like rid the stank of counterfeits driving down the prices of authentic lol. I wish posh had an actual ranking system for sellers and buyers... like if you’re a good seller you get better commission rates and if you’re a good buyer you get cheaper shipping rates.

Edited to add/ask: I’ve never paid any PayPal fees—is that because I buy way way more than I sell?

Also, I do like that the offers are binding and that would be awesome if eBay added that, even/especially from perspective of buyer. I’ve often explained to newer posh sellers that my offer is “legit” bc I’ve already checked out so if they accept, it’s processed and essentially held in escrow by posh until it’s delivered.

It’s kinda nice that once they accept its processed. Since I’m on pacific time zone and I stalk my shoes after work, east coast sellers on eBay sometimes don’t see my offer until next morning and then eBay sends me a notification if they’ve accepted to go checkout. I work in a lab so if I’m at my bench rather than at my desk, I won’t see the notification until the end of my workday which is much later given the time difference. If eBay incorporated that checkout into the offer process then sellers would be paid immediately and maybe they’d be more likely to accept offers? It’s hard for me to turn down an offer as a seller if it’s already been paid. I hate taking the chance of ending the listing by accepting and paying the fee if it’s the end of the selling period while still waiting for them to pay.

Last edited:
...On eBay I offer free shipping to buyer (and yes pay out of pocket) but I don’t list anything as an auction so I’m in control of accepting the offer...
I also offer free shipping, BIN OBO listings. I set the prices on eBay and Poshmark to be roughly the same, though. And evaluate offers. The problem with eBay is that if you accept a best offer, immediate payment doesn't exist for best offers. And paying is still optional. Totally agree eBay should incorporate it! It would also make the wait less painful!
I didn’t realize that buyers on eBay could open a case months later against a seller...Maybe I should be more wary as a seller...
I don't mean to scare you! Buyers have 30 days to file a claim on eBay and 180 days if they file the claim through PayPal. Numerous threads about scammers taking advantage of this!
... I hate paying for posh shipping 2/3 day labels as a buyer and waiting a week before seller even gets around to dropping it into the mail... at least I get to rate that on eBay)...
I have yet to buy anything from Poshmark so I can't relate to the pain of waiting for slow sellers, but just because eBay lets buyers rate them doesn't mean sellers abide by any rules is all I'm saying. I ship same day on everything, so I can't relate to these bad sellers, either lol!
Edited to add/ask: I’ve never paid any PayPal fees—is that because I buy way way more than I sell?
if you have ever sold something on eBay and accepted Paypal as a payment, you have paid a fee. They take 2.9%, but you won't notice as they take it immediately from your account when you receive payment so you don't have to worry about being invoiced for it later, which is nice!

I'd love to see rankings on Poshmark! It's a growing platform that is in need of improvements, but if you ask me, the failures of eBay are what gave it such a fast rise. PLENTY of fakes on eBay get reported and nothing ever happens to those listings other than they sell for thousands. Keep in mind, eBay (and poshmark) ultimately make money on the counterfeits, so their incentive to stop it is not so significant.

Also, I do like that the offers are binding and that would be awesome if eBay added that, even/especially from perspective of buyer

The problem with eBay is that if you accept a best offer, immediate payment doesn't exist for best offers. And paying is still optional.
I just want to clarify that on ebay, a b.o. IS binding and paying is NOT optional.

When a buyer makes a b.o., they get a message that if the buyer accepts, they are obligated to complete the purchase.
And when a seller accepts a b.o., they get a message that they're obligated to sell at that price and complete the sale.

And if the buyer doesn't pay, the seller CAN open a non-payment dispute and the buyer will get a strike if she doesn't pay.

How does Best Offer work?
From the policy: " A Best Offer is binding, just like any other bid"