Does Anyone Not Buy Light-Colored Bags?

I mainly buy dark colored bags. I love my black bags and wear them year-round.
However, when it's really hot out I find I don't like the added weight of heavy leather bags so I switch to a Goyard St. Louis or straw bags.

I also use a henna colored J. Crew bag for when I want to get a bit dressier and no dye transfer yet. That's the lightest I go.

How do you feel about a taupe or beige-ish brown? It's lighter than deeper browns and black but I've found that it can be dirtied a bit and not be as noticeable as it would be on a, say, white bag. A tan/camel is lighter and doesn't get dirty -looking that easily. I also own a plaster colored See by Chloe and that thing has gotten a beating but dirt/wear doesn't show.

How do you feel about a taupe or beige-ish brown? It's lighter than deeper browns and black but I've found that it can be dirtied a bit and not be as noticeable as it would be on a, say, white bag. A tan/camel is lighter and doesn't get dirty -looking that easily. I also own a plaster colored See by Chloe and that thing has gotten a beating but dirt/wear doesn't show.

beige-ish brown does appeal to me if I was to go light

I tend to be pretty versatile. I have a lot of black and brown, yes, but I also have bright red, pink, purple, blue. I don't really go for nudes, tans, or whites though.

I have a white Gucci Joy Tote and it gets dirty so easily. Now I only wear it on occasions when I know it won't get dirty. I never wear them around kids anymore because I flinch every time a friend's kid grabs it and throws it on the floor.

I only have a few light bags and mostly non-designer ones, mainly because of the colour transfer issue since I wear denim most of the time. It sucks because I am always drawn towards the pretty, light colours, especially during spring/summer. However, I'd rather not deal with the heartache of getting a bag stained, especially an expensive one.

I've had light bags before that were destroyed by my dark jeans. I have one light coloured clutch that I use for going out. That's about it. The rest are a lot darker, mainly due to colour transfer issues and darker bags fitting with with my style more. My everyday bag, however, is a tan/oak colour. I find that it's just as versatile as black and doesn't look out of place with my brighter summery clothes.

Thanks I am getting good ideas for more summery/lighter bags that aren't so 'scary', LOL

Question for those owning Damier Azur - does it get color transfer on the canvas or the vachetta depending upon the location of the vachetta?

I love light color bags... Most are either White, Off White, Cream or Light Brown... They are just stunning esp the White one.. There is nothing more stunning than a White bag it makes all the details of the bag stand out..

Here is how my light bags number -

2 Dior
1 Miu Miu
7 Gucci
11 Coach