Does Anyone Not Buy Light-Colored Bags?

All my bags are on the darker side, i have one MK logo bag in white but i only use it in the summer. I would never buy another plain white bag, you have to be way too careful with them and i would hate having to constantly worry about it getting dirty.

I also don't buy light-colored bags for fear of getting them dirty. A few years about I had a cream bag. I felt I had to baby it way too much. I ended up getting ink on it on a trip to the bank.
I just let one go on ebay that I was bidding on for this reason alone. It was a "sand" color and I would always worry about setting it down, KNIM. I'm so glad I let someone else waste their money on it.

Most of my bags are dark colors. Leather ones anyway.
I just ordered a Tods Coated Canvas in Putty with Vachetta Leather trim and I plan for it to only be my spring/summer bag...........its really hard to put away my leather, but it just gets too hot here and you never know when it will rain.

Damier Azur is the lightest bag I bought new, and so far so good (fingers crossed!). I do have a white vintage flap that I purchased preowned because it already has the first marks on it so I don't need to be as paranoid. I love the look of light bags, though, and will probably end up getting more despite my better judgement.

I find white bags get so dirty so fast. They look so great for the first day and then they look tacky with the dirt and smudges. I only have one off-white Chanel shopper and I don't use it because it looks dirty. I clean it but it doesn't do the trick.

I did step out of my comfort zone of darker bags with 3 purchases- coach classic in British tan, prada argilla (grey), brahmin moonlight melbourne....I will be watching where I place them like a hawk...at least they are cute:biggrin:

I know the perils of white but I have to say I just love them for spring and summer. My dark colored stuff is so depressing in the warmer months so I always end up putting it away. For a while I only bought "cheaper" white bags because I figured I could trash and then throw out but right now I own 2 RM MAMs in light colors and one DKNY (Ashley Greene satchel from this spring!) I really really like them and I've been carrying the RMs for 2 years without too many marks--they seem to mostly wipe off with a little appleguard.

I bought my first light colour bag in December, it's the Marc Jacobs Stam. Knowing me, I have to be super careful with it and remember not to use it when wearing jeans... I'm sooo afraid of colour transfer issues...

I'm tempted but i always worries about dirt, color transfer etc. I only carry large bags so it's inevitable the bags will brush against my jeans. My lightest most summery looking bag that i currently own is tod's coated canvas light blue g-bag ... Maybe i'll get a cheap off-white bag

Most of my bags are dark colors. Leather ones anyway.
I just ordered a Tods Coated Canvas in Putty with Vachetta Leather trim and I plan for it to only be my spring/summer bag...........its really hard to put away my leather, but it just gets too hot here and you never know when it will rain.

Doesn't get much hotter than Texas in the summer, and I still wear my light colored leather bags. I've also never had one ruined by rain. Go ahead and wear them if you want to. I do try to wipe of any dirt as soon as I notice it to keep the lighter colors looking good longer.
ETA I don't wear jeans with my light bags. Jeans are really too hot in the summer anyway. Give me capris.

I have just joined this forum as I have just acquired some designer handbags and am looking to authenticate in a few days,so heres to posting..
I am quite new to handbags and one of my bags is a Hermes Birkin style but made from leather at the top and neutral coloured linen below.It appears to be vintage and has a Jaeger lining.Any info welcomed.