Does anyone have a Chanel bag that is dyed or recoloured?

mytokiluv

O.G.
Apr 25, 2007
I read that some ladies here dyed or recoloured their Chanel bags. I am just wondering what is the outcome like? Will the leather be same lookwise and touchwise? Does it make a difference for the caviar and lambskin? Do share your experience with us. Thanks!

I read that some ladies here dyed or recoloured their Chanel bags. I am just wondering what is the outcome like? Will the leather be same lookwise and touchwise? Does it make a difference for the caviar and lambskin? Do share your experience with us. Thanks!

I have had 3 chanel bags redyed. 2 done at Chanel and one at a reputable shoe repair. The one I had done on my small Classic, I felt was so so. I have been told by the ladies here that redying makes the lambskin harder and this is true. I had a Caviar tote redone and it turned out much better. My recent send was a jumbo classic and had it done at a shoe repair in Orange County. It turned out absolutely gorgeous. The owner also told me that Chanel and Judith Leiber send to him. After seeing and believing I would only send to Chanel for chain repair. If I can post the business name, I will or you can PM me for their number. I live 2 hours away from them and send my repairs to them. I believe Saks also sends their repairs and LV. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Mumotons
I have had 3 chanel bags redyed. 2 done at Chanel and one at a reputable shoe repair. The one I had done on my small Classic, I felt was so so. I have been told by the ladies here that redying makes the lambskin harder and this is true. I had a Caviar tote redone and it turned out much better. My recent send was a jumbo classic and had it done at a shoe repair in Orange County. It turned out absolutely gorgeous. The owner also told me that Chanel and Judith Leiber send to him. After seeing and believing I would only send to Chanel for chain repair. If I can post the business name, I will or you can PM me for their number. I live 2 hours away from them and send my repairs to them. I believe Saks also sends their repairs and LV. Hope this helps.

oops, just saw where you live. Shipping is probably out of the question.

Agree with the above post. Sent in an older-style lambskin bag for redye at LMB, it did turn a little bit stiff, but the bag looked brand new and gorgeous afterwards. I redyed my beige caviar tote at Chanel. Took 3 months and cost $150, and the caviar feel less "pebbled" after the job. But, imo, it was well worth it.:tup:

I would be interested in knowing the address and phone number for the shoe shop, since I have a couple more bags from other brands that I would like to redye. Can you pm me the information as well? Thank you very much!

Hi there, may I have the addy and phone number of the shoe shop. I have 2 bags (one satin and one leather) that I am thinking of dyeing another color. the condition of the bag is good though, nothing wrong with it, just want a color that is more versatile. thanks.

bagnut, can't PM you. Got rejected. Can you PM me info of shoe repair shop. Thank much.

Will they dye a bag a different color? I've never had it done, but thought you could only "refurbish" it to the original color?

If you are referring to Chanel. No, they will not dye the original to another color. My place, maybe. If you need the address and Phone, let me know. I am going to ask the moderator if I can post their name and phone.

Hello just wanted to share my re-dyed cambon tote. It was pink with black. I bought it pre-owned with a large stain in front. I had it fixed at a bag store which fixes designer bags.They did not accept my white Bbag for re-dying but said that the dye can soak up in chanel leather.:tup:

Attachments

• pinkcc.jpg
    pinkcc.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 4,589
  • black.jpg
    black.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 4,715
Approved to pass on who refurbishes my Chanels.
Factotum
392 Ocean Avenue
Laguna Beach, Ca. (949)4114
They have several shops but the owner and great Master Tom is in Laguna. Good Luck to all. My jumbo costs $120.00. Judith Leiber clasp problem $25.00. I paid Chanel to redye a small classic $300.00 several years ago and the leather is hard looking. My recent Jumbo, soft as ever.

Approved to pass on who refurbishes my Chanels.
Factotum
392 Ocean Avenue
Laguna Beach, Ca. (949)4114
They have several shops but the owner and great Master Tom is in Laguna. Good Luck to all. My jumbo costs $120.00. Judith Leiber clasp problem $25.00. I paid Chanel to redye a small classic $300.00 several years ago and the leather is hard looking. My recent Jumbo, soft as ever.

Sorry, the Phone is (949) 497-4114. My brain is done for the day!:nuts:

Reactions: Anesthestia
Hello just wanted to share my re-dyed cambon tote. It was pink with black. I bought it pre-owned with a large stain in front. I had it fixed at a bag store which fixes designer bags.They did not accept my white Bbag for re-dying but said that the dye can soak up in chanel leather.:tup:

OMG! I can't believe that!! :tup: :nuts:

I bought a very pretty orange caviar flap, and there were some areas where the leather was chewed up... not so pretty, and the seller didn't disclose its true condition. :sad: I took it to Chanel, and they sent it off for refurbishment (which included re-dyeing)... it came back looking fabulous! Here is a picture of the bag (unfortunately I don't have a before picture):
Missvintageorangecaviar.jpg

I've heard that lambskin comes back a bit stiffer (the quilts aren't as puffy), but I can't really comment on that from personal experience, because I own very few lambskin bags and haven't sent them in for reconditioning. :smile: