Does anyone have a Chanel bag that is dyed or recoloured?

I am not interested in using Factotum services. My friend wanted to dye a beige Chanel. She gave them the pouch belongs to another beige Chanel bag for color sample. They can't match color so they dyed the bag as well as the pouch in pink. They also did terrible paint job. The lining is stained with paint all over. I saw her bag. It's totally damaged. She also lost the pouch for the other bag because they are no longer matched.

So sorry your friend had a disappointment. I am assuming that she went to Factotem. I have had nothing but quality work done. Neimas Marcus housing Chanel and LV, plus the LV and Chanel Boutiques send to them so I am surprised of shoddy work. Please accept my apologies.

So sorry your friend had a disappointment. I am assuming that she went to Factotem. I have had nothing but quality work done. Neimas Marcus housing Chanel and LV, plus the LV and Chanel Boutiques send to them so I am surprised of shoddy work. Please accept my apologies.

Yes, my friend went to Factotum. She dealt directly with Tom, the owner. I don't think they service Chanel. They don't even know what caviar leather looks like. They use the word "caviar" for deerskin, Cerf tote.

I went to South Coast Plaza boutique today to ask some questions for minor repairs, and they told me they do send repairs that do not require hardware fixes to Factotum. The SA even gave me their business card.

Reactions: Debbie65
I went to South Coast Plaza boutique today to ask some questions for minor repairs, and they told me they do send repairs that do not require hardware fixes to Factotum. The SA even gave me their business card.

They give you Factotum business card because they refuse to service your bag for some reason. They did the same thing to me when I ask for cleaning a bag I bought on ebay but later I found out that bag is fake.

If it's true that Chanel is using Factotum for bag repair then I am scared. I won't bring my bag to Chanel SCP for repair.

Last edited:
Yes, my friend went to Factotum. She dealt directly with Tom, the owner. I don't think they service Chanel. They don't even know what caviar leather looks like. They use the word "caviar" for deerskin, Cerf tote.

I know for a fact they service Chanel and other designers. They did a beautiful job on a Fendi tote that I had used and abused and couldn't say enough. Again, I am sorry and feel responsible for the referral. Guess I learned my lesson not to do that again.

They give you Factotum business card because they refuse to service your bag for some reason. They did the same thing to me when I ask for cleaning a bag I bought on ebay but later I found out that bag is fake.

If it's true that Chanel is using Factotum for bag repair then I am scared. I won't bring my bag to Chanel SCP for repair.[

I was thinking since my last post I have never had a Chanel bag redyed another color, so I cannot report on how it will turn out any more than I can predict a poor alteration job from Neiman Marcus or St. John. I have had a Chanel purse redyed at Chanel (not Factotem) and they did a poor job some years back.

If it's true that Chanel is using Factotum for bag repair then I am scared. I won't bring my bag to Chanel SCP for repair.

No, they didn't refuse to service my bag. I bought my bag at that boutique, but it was just a scruffy corner, and I didn't want the whole bag redyed and wait 8 weeks for it. They told me they do send Chanels to Factotum for service.

Bagnut - Please do no feel bad about the referral! I'm sure many others here appreciate it like I do! When SCP told me about Factotum, I instantly recognized the name because of you! I live right near them and had no idea, lol. They also have a sister service that does the dry cleaning that the SA recommended I use for my Chanel RTW. I will go try them out and report back. Like any service, some may have bad experiences. I'm sure you have read the many threads about the poor jobs Chanel repairs had done too! So thank you for the rec!

Reactions: Mumotons
No, they didn't refuse to service my bag. I bought my bag at that boutique, but it was just a scruffy corner, and I didn't want the whole bag redyed and wait 8 weeks for it. They told me they do send Chanels to Factotum for service.

Bagnut - Please do no feel bad about the referral! I'm sure many others here appreciate it like I do! When SCP told me about Factotum, I instantly recognized the name because of you! I live right near them and had no idea, lol. They also have a sister service that does the dry cleaning that the SA recommended I use for my Chanel RTW. I will go try them out and report back. Like any service, some may have bad experiences. I'm sure you have read the many threads about the poor jobs Chanel repairs had done too! So thank you for the rec!

Thanks OCGirl. I believe those who have been happy with Factotem's service are in the majority. :smile:

Thanks OCGirl. I believe those who have been happy with Factotem's service are in the majority. :smile:

Not all repair jobs are perfect. But Factotum lacks business ethic.

If they can't match color, they can just say they can't match. Then my friend lost only one bag.

Instead, they also dyed the sample trying to show they can match color 100%. That's basically cheating. My friend lost one more bag, the bag she gave them for color sample. She lost two expensive Chanel bags.

I am glad my friend shared her story so I can avoid doing business with Factotum. I read so many happy stories with lovingmybags in this forum. If needed, I will just take my bags there for peace of mind.

Reactions: Mumotons
Not all repair jobs are perfect. But Factotum lacks business ethic.

If they can't match color, they can just say they can't match. Then my friend lost only one bag.

Instead, they also dyed the sample trying to show they can match color 100%. That's basically cheating. My friend lost one more bag, the bag she gave them for color sample. She lost two expensive Chanel bags.

I am glad my friend shared her story so I can avoid doing business with Factotum. I read so many happy stories with lovingmybags in this forum. If needed, I will just take my bags there for peace of mind.

I'm glad she shared her story, too. I will say it again, Chanel, LV within Southern California use them and believe those happy with the results are in the majority. I also know that no repair store guarantees anything, especially since the bag was redyed another color. If she is so upset, perhaps she can take them to small claims and recoup. I see threads in this forum from members who are infuriated with SA at Chanel stores and disappointed with poor service and qualilty from Corporate. It happens, get over it.

I'm glad she shared her story, too. I will say it again, Chanel, LV within Southern California use them and believe those happy with the results are in the majority. I also know that no repair store guarantees anything, especially since the bag was redyed another color. If she is so upset, perhaps she can take them to small claims and recoup. I see threads in this forum from members who are infuriated with SA at Chanel stores and disappointed with poor service and qualilty from Corporate. It happens, get over it.

I will ask Chanel.com to confirm that they use Factotum for repair service.

I will not recommend a business which I know it does not have business ethic. I accept a poor repair job. I don't accept cheating.

I don't understand why you keep defending a business which you know through this thread that they cheat customer. I wonder if you are actually Factotum.

Reactions: ilawise26
I will ask Chanel.com to confirm that they use Factotum for repair service.

I will not recommend a business which I know it does not have business ethic. I accept a poor repair job. I don't accept cheating.

I don't understand why you keep defending a business which you know through this thread that they cheat customer. I wonder if you are actually Factotum.

First of all, you don't know me. Secondly, I have been satisfied with their work. I own 22 Chanels and know quality work. As they say "You can please some of the people, some of the time, but not all of the people, all of the time."