Does Anyone Else Take Out Her Hermes Bags Just to Play?

Count me in too (wildly waving!!!!)

I used to store them all the same way MILLSTREAM, and then I decided to take each out and store them in all their naked glory next to each other on the shelves of my armoire.....and now I can see them and play with them to my hearts content!!!!

I do this as well for my frequently-used bags (which is almost all)...it's more practical for me as I'm more prone to change bags once I see the options versus having them all tucked away.

SM, I've been brainwashed to believe that it's my obligation, as guardian of these Hermes bags, to keep them in their sleepers, stuffed with down boudoir pillows or rolled-up towels, and always resting on their backs (and preferably on their tissue-paper pillows and tucked inside their original orange boxes). I feel a bit guilty if I even keep them out for a few days just to gaze at them, believing that only the one that's going out to play should be upright.

MillStream, why does the Romantic in us feel so strongly about being the Hermes Keeper of the Flame? Does this, in some way, help us ( mere mortals ) justify the adoption and use of so exquisite a work of art:heart:?

MillStream, why does the Romantic in us feel so strongly about being the Hermes Keeper of the Flame? Does this, in some way, help us ( mere mortals ) justify the adoption and use of so exquisite a work of art:heart:?

What an interesting and poetic way to put it, isus. My fastidiousness is not about ensuring that my Hermes bags retain their value, but because I feel these treasures are entrusted to my care. They cannot fend for themselves, so we must quickly wipe away the raindrops, take them for regular spa treatments and give them the level of attention they deserve. Just as we wouldn't send a child outside without being properly dressed for the elements, we listen to the weather report before venturing out with our Box Calf Kelly or Birkin.

I do this on Sunday afternoons! I call it "playing in my closet" LOL! I need to "revisit" my things every so often so I remember what I have! That's a sign of getting older or having too much! Think I'll go with the latter as opposed to the former!

I'm guilty of doing the same thing! My excuse is that " I'm cleaning out my closet...".. checking to see my babies are sleeping well in their boxes :P (no bugs, mold, etc).
It's like playing with Barbies when I was younger except this is an extravagant toy. :P

It's like playing with Barbies when I was younger except this is an extravagant toy. :P

HaydenM, my husband caught me once playing with mine and that's exactly what he called it! He said I was playing with my fancy dolls. :P So now I only take mine out and play with them when he is not home. Among other things, I like to line mine up and look at the colors, styles and leathers next to each other.

I've actually had a fellow H addict come to my house and we took out every single H bag I owned and played with them for ours. DH though we were nuts! :nuts:

I even had a friend who came over - took a look at my bags and insisted on buying one of them. :confused1: Since she is such a great friend, I gave up my 35cm havane gulliver. Good thing I still had its sister, a 35cm gold gulliver...

Ditto with jewelry...:graucho:

Don't you love it when you lift up the lid of the orange box and you get a surge of the Hermes leather scent?*SIgh*... I get a natural high off the smell of leather. It's quite exhilarating...I:girlsigh: