does anyone else have strech marks?

I have a lot of patients that come in for post baby treatments. If stretch marks are new and red they can be treated with IPL. If they are ineed white theres nothing that can be done. Its a form of scar tissue- a dermal scar in which the connective tissue (i.e.collagen and elastin) within the dermis is disrupted, and as much as hydrating the area (what youre doing with the vitamin E capsules from the chemist) to look better the only true way to get those out are to cut them out. Extreme isnt it? :sad: Laser treatments can be sought to recontour the scar, bending the light that hits the area can reduce the enhancement of the scar, but theres no saying goodbye without some invasive surgery.

What is IPL? If done while still red, do they go away?

IPL is Intense Pulsed Light- :smile:

and if you get it while the marks are red YES they DO go away!

I recently got fat this past spring lol, and got some stretch marks in my face, and got skin rejuventation via laser- didnt hurt and those marks are gone

are you *sure* they don't have any stretchmarks? you have some seriously lucky friends if they don't, pretty much everyone has them in some shape or form.

My mom is 49 years old. She has NO strech marks, I swear 0, cero, nothing, nada.. I mean I am glad she doesnt have any but its not fair... lol. :Push:. I have soooo many in my abdomen due to my pregnancy. I was 100 lbs and 5' before I got pregnant, I put on 45 lbs and 10000000000 strech marks and on top of that I had a c-section 'cause Dd was too big. It's been 9 years and they are still there. I am thinking of getting a tummy tuck :sweatdrop::sweatdrop:

A lot of people have stretch marks. Myself and the bf included.

They fade over time but that's it.

Don't stress about them too much :smile:

yeah, I've actually noticed my brother has them too. Never realized men get them until I saw his. But if he leans over and you see his lower back there are some there like above his butt.