Does anyone else feel like their nails always have to be painted?

Used to like gel nails at the salon but now I just dislike sitting there for things to be done. Moreover gel nails end up making my nails really brittle, although well done nails make things more fun. Now I just keep my nails healthy and bare *almost*. But apply a strengthener every two days. I like how it has been lately. I’m waiting for some water decals to arrive to add little color to them, without adding stress to them. I do have some pressed on nails ready for special occasion. But hardly. And I find glue-on is much less stressful for nails than gel.
View attachment 5804410
Gorgeous nails!

Reactions: Purrsey
I always have to have both my toenails and fingernails painted. I don't ever match them, however, but I HAVE to have them painted year round. Even when I don't wear sandals. It's just something I've always done. In fact, when I see women with longer unpainted/natural nails, it grosses me out. I don't know, I'm just really weird that way, but if you're going to grow your nails out to be a lot longer than normal, then paint them! They look gross unpainted and long.

In fact, my dad raised me to believe that chipped fingernail polish is cheap and tacky. And he's right! I was painting my nails every 2 days because they always chipped and it bugged me. Now I just started getting them dipped and I love it! They last forever and always look fantastic.

Reactions: chanellover333
I always have to have both my toenails and fingernails painted. I don't ever match them, however, but I HAVE to have them painted year round. Even when I don't wear sandals. It's just something I've always done. In fact, when I see women with longer unpainted/natural nails, it grosses me out. I don't know, I'm just really weird that way, but if you're going to grow your nails out to be a lot longer than normal, then paint them! They look gross unpainted and long.

In fact, my dad raised me to believe that chipped fingernail polish is cheap and tacky. And he's right! I was painting my nails every 2 days because they always chipped and it bugged me. Now I just started getting them dipped and I love it! They last forever and always look fantastic.
I'm guilty of not having my toenails painted in winter but would never go out in sandals with bare nails. and I think long toenails are gross, painted or not

Reactions: Pop Art Suzy
Unfortunately, my nails are thin and brittle. I used to have acrylics years ago. More recently I do dipping powder for a few months and then end up going natural. I live in the midwest so I keep my toenails unpainted in the winter except for vacations. We've already had a few warm days so I had my second pedicure last night. A regular polish manicure doesn't last on me since I'm constantly doing something (typing, cleaning, etc). Do you guys think a gel manicure would last a little longer and keep my nails from breaking? I mean, like 2 weeks? I know I do well with dip but then there's still damage for months afterwards.

Unfortunately, my nails are thin and brittle. I used to have acrylics years ago. More recently I do dipping powder for a few months and then end up going natural. I live in the midwest so I keep my toenails unpainted in the winter except for vacations. We've already had a few warm days so I had my second pedicure last night. A regular polish manicure doesn't last on me since I'm constantly doing something (typing, cleaning, etc). Do you guys think a gel manicure would last a little longer and keep my nails from breaking? I mean, like 2 weeks? I know I do well with dip but then there's still damage for months afterwards.
I used to get gel manicures...the nail polish doesn't chip like on real nails and I think maybe it does last two weeks

Reactions: Loriad
When I got my nails dipped a few weeks ago, the manicurist told me that dip lasts longer than gel. I was initially going to get gel, since I had never had dip before, and she suggested it. I figured why not, it was only $6 more than gel, so I thought I'd give it a try. I absolutely love the dip! My nails haven't chipped at all and still look just as good as when I first got them done. Definitely worth the money to me. They still look great! And I keep my nails really short, too. I don't like long nails at all.

Mine are short as well. I love mostly neutrals on my hands. Toenails are either bright or clear but definitely short
When I got my nails dipped a few weeks ago, the manicurist told me that dip lasts longer than gel. I was initially going to get gel, since I had never had dip before, and she suggested it. I figured why not, it was only $6 more than gel, so I thought I'd give it a try. I absolutely love the dip! My nails haven't chipped at all and still look just as good as when I first got them done. Definitely worth the money to me. They still look great! And I keep my nails really short, too. I don't like long nails at all.
Yes! The dip is awesome. That lasted about 3 weeks for me and stayed very glossy.

Reactions: Pop Art Suzy