Does anyone else feel like their nails always have to be painted?

Sep 18, 2020
Okay I always paint my nails my go to colors tend to be pink and red however I do paint them maroon, purple, pink, green and blue as well. But most of the time they are painted pink and red because I feel like those are very girly colors for nails. Although I will tend to paint them pink more than red because I like to have pink nails and red lips when going out.

Yes yes yes yes for the past 16 years I feel like I always want my nails to be done. Before I met my husband I rarely painted my nails. I wear all colors but not really blue or green. The only purple I'll do is a lavender or a purple-toned grey! I think my mom set a precedence; she goes to the nail salon every week. But I do my own nails usually.

Reactions: lill_canele
No ! I’m the opposite. My nails are never painted. I would get mani/pedis before Covid but then stopped. I never resumed going because I think I prefer my nails to be trimmed short and nail polish free. I used to also think that all of my open toed shoes/sandals looked better with nail polish, but my perspective has changed. My five year old loves to have her nails painted so my nail polishes still get a lot of use!

Decades ago yes, always manicure and pedicure every week. But, for the last 10 years, I got too impatient to do manicures and I cannot be bothered. I can barely handle Getting my hair done. And, I try to stretch out the time between pedicures bc I’m so impatient. Covid didn’t help that lol

sometimes I get nails buffed bc less waiting time

Last edited:
Yes yes yes!! However, detest manicures and pedicures, so always do gel which stretches 3-4 weeks between manicure appointments and months for pedicures. My current color is white for both hands and feet. I always do a design on my manicure (I used to be into Japanese nail art).

The honest truth, my hands are the only part of my body I can always admire. I want them to look nice and happy.

• Insightful
Reactions: 880
It kind of comes and goes in waves for me. :P

Sometimes I feel like I have to have nail polish but there are time when I'll get tired of having nail polish on in general and just go for a few weeks without it.

I get tired of colors very quickly, I can probably handle a color up to 10 days and then I feel the need to take it off and change to something else (especially if there is a design or pattern on them).

I used to only go for neutrals but this past year I have tried a few colors and I really like shades of purple and baby blue.

I'm not great at dark nail colors, even though I love the look of a wine red or emerald green. I just tend to choose the wrong color tones that don't look great with my skin and I'm kind of not used to dark colors in general.

But I absolutely love mani's and pedi's. I give myself one at least once every 2 weeks (if not a little touch up every week). It's a great way to have some time for myself and relax while watching a show or listening to music. :smile:

(On a side note, I will say after I was engaged, I definitely took care of my nails a lot more than I used to. :lol:)

• Haha
Reactions: 880 and papertiger
I tend to always have my finger nails painted purely to stop myself from biting them. If I don’t want a strong colour, I tend to use a really light pink or even a clear, though I prefer a colour. I use gel as it lasts longer so I can really stretch it to once a month if I have too. I find my nails and the skin around my nails look and are healthier because of it.

I get manicures regularly, but never paint my nails. I just have them shape the nails nicely and trim my cuticles. I cannot tolerate any cuticle showing, so that it the main reason for going most weeks, though I hate sitting there. I used to get pedicures regularly with painted toenails, but now literally the only time my feet are bare is when I am taking a shower, so there seems to be no point and I just do the basics at home. I have young kids, so every day I can only budget the time for a couple of things to do for myself. I usually choose sitting down to eat a real meal and taking a shower; pedicures rank about 100th on my priority list. On days I get a manicure I guess my dinner is eating goldfish crackers that my 2 year old left on the table :smile: