Does anyone else feel like the price increase has made you irrational?

Not at all. I'm feeling quite comfortable with how my Chanel collection is at the moment. :smile: And when you're talking about spending in thousand dollar amounts, I can't afford to be irrational either.

Even though Chanel is still very much loved by me, these price increases have made me branch out into other brands again. :love:
Ditto this.

The first price increase a few months ago was actually the first price increase to me since I just started buying Chanel bags early this year. I felt pressured to get some of the MUST have pieces such as the classic flap. Then a couple a months later (now) another price increase I felt like I had to get more pieces such as the reissue and GST and j12. But now I realized it's better to spend accordingly rather than just buy buy buy. Alot of my friends and family members think I have gone insane on trying to save a few hundred bucks on each bag.

The PI has only made me irrationally PO'd! The bulk of my collection is 2ndhand and I recently started buying brand new from the dept stores. No more. I passed on the GST for the SAKS EGC b/c I'll find it for less on ebay or consignments. And I'm back to buying YSL muse.

I may buy a brand new bag once-twice a year now and only if I LOVE it.

no. I just bought my first Chanel bag a few weeks ago; although, I'd like to get a second bag soon before the price increase, I've decided to wait until next year and get another Chanel bag that I really love and want. The prices are always going to go up, and in my case, I don't feel like I need so many bags in such a small period of time. I'd rather use that money to go on trips :P. Hopefully, I'm able to control myself and not buy another bag any time soon (we'll see...).

This reminds me of the thread about the Psychology of the $14,000 Handbag.

You buy a Chanel bag that's say $1795 because it's "cheaper" than the $2,xxx something it will be after the insane price increases. It's like justifying buying a $275 pair of jeans that are "marked down" from $350. Still expensive, but you think you're "saving" because you know how much it could/will be potentially sold for.

(I use a lot of quotation marks haha--it's for effect).

Does anyone else feel like the price increase has made you irrational?

I find that the recent price increase has made me very rational. And a little angry too. I'm going to think twice before spending that kind of money on a bag. I'd rather take the money that I would have spent on a few new bags and renovate a bathroom.

I have tried not to let the price hikes affect my spending and now only buy Chanel purses that I love and will use for a long, long time. I am trying to stay away from the newest "It" bags and just buy what will withstand the passing of time.

I was just in Nine West and they are selling nice looking copies of the Chanel vinyl line in that pretty green. I am so glad I did not purchase it, instead I got the dark bordeaux medallion tote as felt it had less of a chance of being copied as the tote has been available for many seasons.

I think the idea of the price increase is making everyone insane. But seriously, I don't think a couple hundred dollars is going to make us stop buying a bag when the price point is already over 2k. I just bought my first jumbo at 2250 and my first reissue at 2495. For some reason I got caught up in the increase but than I realized I don't buy the classics, I tend to buy the other bags at 2750 and greater-so why was I getting so insane. I think we should buy what we want and not be affected.