Does anyone else bag watch?

We were out and my son said "Mummy that lady has a bag like yours" and I was like "Yes it is". Really surprised me that he recognised monogram. Then I realised the bag was a fake after a minute of trying to figure out what style it was, we were standing right behind her. Same issue with the vachetta being really thick and not leather and the style being the generic square purse shape.
That was the first fake I have seen up close. The other day I thought I spotted a fake Neo Noe as the mono was really not at all lined up at the seam but might be wrong on that.
I love your story! [emoji4]

I do it because it’s pretty much the only thing that I’m attracted to! And here are my observations from my recent trip in Japan - the ladies love vintage Lv (which is nice imo because the bags looked well loved and given second or third chances), smaller size neverful and Stella McCartney, they also love mini Kellys.

Coming from the US, I just love spotting the Hermes bags near the hotel that I was staying!

In my city - there’s not a day where I don’t spot Gucci disco or marmont, and too many black Chanel woc and classic flaps (I like chanel but please try some color!!!!) There’s less of LV neverfull and speedy (I think people have moved on to fancier bags), quite a bit of ysl and Givenchy Antigone. Personally I always appreciate it when I see Givenchy small/mini pandora or nightingale in fun colors.
The international students or tourists tend to love fancy lady Dior, Gucci Dionysus or Bvlgari serpenti bags although pretty just look overly dressed up when paired with tshirts and jeans.
And I shout my eyes whenever I see MK bags.

Reactions: vink
I always try to spot them in my home town (I am from the Netherlands), most premium brand bags are carrier by tourists. I am always surprised to see any nice bag, most worn brands are Longchamp and Michael Kors. Had to go to an art fair for my work this spring and had a blast: all Hermes, Chanel, LV and Gucci!

Reactions: Tinn3rz
I do bag watch as well but I live in a very small town so there’s not that much to see mostly MK

Same. Small town, tons of Michael Kors and when I go to the courthouse many of the other female attorneys have LV neverfulls. That’s about it. I see a lot of no-name, old lady bags honestly, and I often have the best bag in the room, even though I don’t have any premium designer bags.

Bag/ people watching is a guilty pleasure of mine. Last week I was at the Yankee game and saw a group of 4 teenage girls (2 with the exact same red Gucci Disco, 1 with a Valentino crossbody, and 1 with no name). For a 2nd and just a 2nd, I felt bad for the girl with the no name bag and her with her friends with all designer bags and then I was like I don’t feel bad she’s at a Yankee game in a suite having a great time.

And then at the hair dressed a girl walked in with this beautiful brand new Fendi bag, there were at least 2 LVs, a Celine, and another Gucci Disco.

Bag watching is definitely a guilty pleasure for me and I enjoy the great variety of bags that I can see while out and about.

Last Friday I went to get my haircut and shopped a bit, which allowed me to see a ton of armcandy. From a middle age lady with her emerald green croc birkin to a couple of young women I passed briskly walking by with a Céline nano and the other with a Vuitton lockme mini backpack.

I do. I try not to stare too much, because they might think that I am trying to steal their bag. Chanel's out of my league, but I do really like the MK version. Which is surprises me, because I am no fan of MK bags. I've seen too many of them and too many fakes.

Ive been getting into conversations with customers at the shop where I work about the bags they are carrying...luckily they are forthcoming with stories.
One person I know told me the story of buying her Dooney and Burke off facebook marketplace...the person selling told her the story of his girlfriends mother being invited to the oscars and the bag was in the goodie bags for sitting in the first few rows.

I love to bagwatch but sadly don’t have many opportunities as I live in a rural area and don’t get out much. I see a lot of MK at work, some Coach, some LV, some Longchamp. There is a high-end mall not too far from me; the most exciting bags I have seen there were a Goyard tote and a Chanel that was not a flap—I think it was a Cloudy Bundle. Years ago I saw something totally unexpected but now I can’t remember what it was, lol. A Fendi Spy or something equally exotic.

Needless to say, I also see my fair share of fake LV and the ever-popular fake Chanel Cambon tote.

Reactions: mtg116
Ive been getting into conversations with customers at the shop where I work about the bags they are carrying...luckily they are forthcoming with stories.
One person I know told me the story of buying her Dooney and Burke off facebook marketplace...the person selling told her the story of his girlfriends mother being invited to the oscars and the bag was in the goodie bags for sitting in the first few rows.
Cool!

I’m in Melbourne and I see a TONE of MIMCO bags... I liked them years ago when they weren’t so popular, but now every man and his dog has one, or should I say lady and her dog, and every single teenager girl, it’s just turned me off the brand altogether.

I’m in Melbourne and I see a TONE of MIMCO bags... I liked them years ago when they weren’t so popular, but now every man and his dog has one, or should I say lady and her dog, and every single teenager girl, it’s just turned me off the brand altogether.
MIMCO designed one great bag (the button shoulder bag) and cleverly parlayed that into an ongoing business. I love when they do Deco though.
Bag watching in Melbourne is great, so many gorgeous designer bags around the city, South Yarra and Chadstone, so many intriguing indy bags around Brunswick. Compared to LA, I think Melbourne has less Birkins and more character ;)

Reactions: lyseiki8