Does anyone actually own Birth of Luxury?

1. I see threads where people want get it, but does anyone actually own it already? I was thinking of going to buy one tonight..are the pictures fab? Thanks

2. I bought it a few weeks ago. Lovely book, very very informative regarding the history of Louis Vuitton the person, the Vuitton family and the company. Beautiful pictures too.

3. Thanks!!

4. I have it too. There aren't as many pics of the actual bags as I had hoped but it is very interesting.

5. it's a heavy sucker, but I think it's beautiful, and a great coffee table/collector's item...at first I wasn't too thrilled about the pictures (or lack thereof) but I realize now that the book is meant to be more about the beginnings of Louis Vuitton (the person and the bags).

6. I have it and I really like it! it looks good on the coffee table but and it tells you so much about Louis that I love even more to spend my hard earned money on his products! He and his familiy were such fighters with visions for that time. IMO it's worth every penny!

7. I am on reserve at my Library to lend it, I just want to read it :P Though I would of course love to have it myself, but the money is not there for me right now :P

8. I would have to say louis vuitton or goyard

9. Yes! I got it for Christmas and it's a great investment. There's so much history in there that the true LV lover can really appreciate. I haven't even gotten all the way through it yet. :smile:

10. I am emailing inkleaf as it's not here yet and I ordered it in January.

11. Kathy you definately should have had the book by now :evil: . They should at least give you a credit of some kind. You've been very patient.

12. I emailed them right after I posted here. I will wait to hear from them and if I can't get it there, I may get it from somewhere else instead (or put the $ towards another LV :P).

13. I bought it in November from Amazon.com.
    They have it in the LV boutiques for $125.

14. I just checked the local libraries catalog and they do not carry this book!!!! I am so upset now!

15. Has anyone received their book from buy.com? I ordered it way back then and have gotten about 5 updates about how they haven't gotten it in stock yet and they're working hard, blah blah. I think I'm about to cancel my order!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice