Does ANYBODY Here Like The Break Away Zippers Coach Puts On Some Bags???

I have/had that zipper on several bags and it doesnt really bother me. I kind of like the fact that I can stick something into the side of the bag without having to unzipper it.

I have one on my Bleecker Tote, and I don't mind it too much, but ask me again when I start using it for school. I do like that I can stick my umbrella right in without unzipping, like I do with my Ergo Tote.

These kinds of closures are a big pain to zip shut and when they come undone when you don't want them to. On the other hand, I also find I'm frequently putting slender things like an umbrella, water bottle or sunglasses case into the side openings without undoing the zipper, which is pretty handy. And occasionally when I have wider stuff to carry, I'm glad that the zipper flaps lay flat so that everything will fit.

I would have bought a black Madeline but I tried the zipper on it when I was looking at it at the boutique and it took me quite some effort to rezip the thing, I don't have time to fiddle with a zipper for 2 minutes trying to get it back together.

I tried on a Madeline in the boutique and my experience was the same. Break away zippers drive me nuts, and I don't know if I'll ever find a bag that I like so much that the zipper won't bother me. The zipper is a pretty important part of the bag's function, for me anyhow.

I'm a SA for Coach and you don't know how many times I hear complaints about that zipper! So many people like a style but when they see that feature they go onto something else. They've been doing that zipper for years but evidently enough people like it to keep making them. Personally, I wish they would get rid of them and make more full zippered bags.:beach:

I think they stink, so I try to only upzip them about 3/4 or the way (so in essence I am not evening benefitting from their potential positive attribute) . . . whats more is that they usually tend to be on the bags with the really heavy duty zippers . . . so they scratch a lot more when you are going into retreive your belongings!

If there is enough room you could use a small baby diaper pin style pin to hook the two ends together but piercing through the zipper's material instead of any leather. Depends on how much zipper material you have visible, but it's an option to atleast keep it together, or you could try to find one of the ends you can clamp over the section where the split to prevent it from coming apart, but some of these might be more permament than you might wish to use.

A couple of my bags also have the break away zipper. It is a bit annoying, however I tend to not zip my bags up very often unless I am in a really busy place with lots of people. I think its Coach's way of giving us a bag that has a big opening (tote-style), but also gives us an option of zipping the top. But, yes, mine always come undone when I open the bag.

^This is exactly how I am. Mine just stay open 95% of the time so it doesn't bother me.

I have been carrying my HS Large tote in berry and I thought I would really HATE that zipper. Turns out that it's only a little annoying. I LOVE the bag, so I accept the zipper.

I have a hamptons tote with one of these zippers. I like to keep mine zipped while shopping. It gets a tad annoying but usually I keep the zipper attached and open it enough to get stuff in and out of during shopping trips.

I actually like them. It's nice to have the option of leaving them open so you can tote more things in them, but if you need to, you can close them too. I have the Madeline and a gallery tote.