does anybody have a bag in chevre mangalore?

I turned down a kelly in chevre mangalore. I personally like chevre but not this version. The material is not stiff, quite soft like clemance and I believe over time, bag will become floppy. I like floppy bags but only in swift - heh! Just a quirk of mine when it comes to bags. This version of chevre is also lighter than CDC or mysore.

The material is shiny but feels very thin...I also noted a light spine. The color is coq en rose or something like that. The color looks very "peachy" to me.

Just wanted to get this thread up somewhere near the top. I have been informed that this new leather is lighter than Chevre Mysore, but will not become floppy...that it is much sturdier than clemence and will generally hold its shape.

Just wanted to get this thread up somewhere near the top. I have been informed that this new leather is lighter than Chevre Mysore, but will not become floppy...that it is much sturdier than clemence and will generally hold its shape.

I think it's lighter because it's thinner, based on swatch comparisons. And being thinner, I can imagine a chevre mangalore Birkin will get immediate batwings. But I do agree that it should be able to sit up and not fall to its sides or front/back.

Can't compare with Clemence because it's one of the more souple skins H uses. With the exception of Swift, every other skin would be sturdier than Clemence.

I think it's lighter because it's thinner, based on swatch comparisons. And being thinner, I can imagine a chevre mangalore Birkin will get immediate batwings. But I do agree that it should be able to sit up and not fall to its sides or front/back.

Can't compare with Clemence because it's one of the more souple skins H uses. With the exception of Swift, every other skin would be sturdier than Clemence.

at the time, we were discussing a Kelly, and she said it would pretty much
keep its shape. What she said was that it wouldnt get slouchy like Clemence at all, that it wouldnt change much.

by the way, the color was Ebene. Simply gorgeous!

keep its shape. What she said was that it wouldnt get slouchy like Clemence at all, that it wouldnt change much.

oh, when I said sturdy, I meant as far as general wear and tear. We were comparing it to Vache Liegee. She said Mangalore will withstand quite a lot.

In a Kelly, it makes sense. Because the construction of a Kelly is different from a Birkin which is like an open tote, and there is no support on the top. If anything, the weight of the 2 handles presses the main body down.

It won't slouch like Clemence, that we have established. Did you see the Kelly in a Retourne or Sellier?

In a Kelly, it makes sense. Because the construction of a Kelly is different from a Birkin which is like an open tote, and there is no support on the top. If anything, the weight of the 2 handles presses the main body down.

It won't slouch like Clemence, that we have established. Did you see the Kelly in a Retourne or Sellier?

Good! :smile: Thanks!
It was a Kelly (Kelly 2?) retourne. I dont think it is available in Sellier.