does anybody have a bag in chevre mangalore?

pazt

O.G.
Aug 30, 2006
or even maybe in a small leather goodie. my SA it's more plastic-ky (and says she doesnt like it) looking than the other chevre we all love.

care to share a picture? thanks a lot in advance! :smile:

found this in another thread....from CynthiaNYC

3) As mentioned previously, Chevre Mangalore, which is a finely grained goatskin. I was unable to determine whether it will replace CDC or...?? Mangalore is much less grainy and even lighter weight than CDC. The sample I saw was in Vert Olive, which was absolutely stunning.

I saw a sample of it and it reminded me of chevre mysore, but with really even graining....I'm wondering it you'd detect any spine at all on a full sized bag. I liked it, but I didn't see anything that would make it more desirable than the other chevres (of course....I was just looking at a swatch).

I have been wondering about how chevre mangalore will look in a bag too. Swatches are just way to small to make a decision if it's something that I'd like in a bag.

I was also told it will come in Vert Olive. Don't know what other colours. Hopefully, as the months move along this season, more members will see or get to hear from information about SS2008's colour combinations.

I just got a bearn tri-fold in this in rose shocking and it doesn't look plasticky at all (though my SA did mention that this one had less of a sheen than others she has seen). Here is a picture - hope it helps clarify.

Attachments

• wallet1.jpg
    wallet1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,713
gem, the photo is showing up for me (they don't show if you're not logged in - perhaps that's the problem?) If you still can't see it, pm me and I can send you pix off line.

I think the forum was experiencing some issues late this afternoon, couldn't see any pictures/avatar etc etc. It's been ok since late evening.

mistikat, just love the glorious colour of RS!!

attachment.php