Does a purple bag go with everything?

ckayakrx2, Thank you so much for the support. I love purple and I think I was getting caught up in the emotion of everyone's love for this gorgeous bag. I would like to see what the fall plum looks like, it may be too hard to resist. I am really excited about this dark grey and your response makes me even more excited about it. A lot of people seem to have this color and LOVE it. I really think for my first BE bag, I made the right choice but it wasn't easy.

Glad to help - it wasn't easy for me either. I know what you mean about getting caught up in the emotion for the gorgeous purple. To be honest I was a bit disappointed when I first got my dark greyb LMM (which was about same time others got their purple LMM) because it seemed "blah" compared to the knockout purple color. It was actually thanks to Audball's encouragement that I started trying it with different outfits and it turned out to be just the perfect color I need at the time! If I had gotten the bright purple, with the other bold colors I wear in the summer, I'm afraid I would've ended up looking clownish. Or like a crayola box.

So in the meantime, I'll have to just gaze wistfully at others' purple bags and save up for the right one come fall!

I posted this in another thread but I love this site:
www.polyvore.com

Check out how they matched stuff with Jackie's Clutch Me:
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/thing?id=686596

Check out what you can pair with a purple Mulberry!
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/thing?id=844008

Audball, what a great site! I'd never heard of it before. Love the purple Clutch Me and matching outfits! Okay, I thought I decided I didn't need a purple bag (for now), but damn, you're pulling me back in, you wicked woman!:graucho:

Oh no, you can't waver now. I have sent Jackie too many notes going back and forth. If you cave, I know I will then I may not be able to afford the fall bag. Jackie says the color is red-violet, I was hoping for eggplant but a plum color may actually be nice.

No, definitely not caving, just fantasizing. I'm still holding out for that red-violet or whatever darkish purple-plum Jackie described to me. Actually I'm picturing an amethyst color, like what the gem looks like when you hold it up to sunlight -- I'm hoping that's the color she's coming out with.

Feline, next time you email Jackie, can you ask her which color comes closest to the fall purple color she's talking about? Here's a color chart on this link: http://www.pagetutor.com/common/bgcolors1536.png
and she can pick the color number that comes closest to it. I hear it's a glossy, but softer leather than currently offered too -- sounds yummy, doesn't it?

Feline -- here's a couple pics of the dark grey -- maybe it'll help you decide on the color. As Contessa said in a recent post on the BE lounge, the color is stunning and the leather is chewy, velvety.

Attachments

• IMG_4752 no flash compressed.JPG
    IMG_4752 no flash compressed.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_4742 - 3 bags crop.JPG
    IMG_4742 - 3 bags crop.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 286
Reactions: natalieh38
I would never buy a purple bag. Thats just personal preference though. I def. don't think it goes with much to be honest. I would stick to black for a work bag. I would think you might get sick of a bold color like that.