Do your friends share your love of H?

My friends don't understand my obsession with handbags, let alone H.

Most would have no idea how much they cost, but staying with friends on the Gold Coast, I ventured into the Hermes and when the SA spotted my Birkin she was very interested and my friends being a little nosy asked the price of a birkin. Well they nearly choked and could not believe I had spent that amount on a bag.

I was a little defensive, advising that I had purchased it in Paris and therefore it cost quite a few thousand less, then I was justifying that even though I had spent that money I would have the Birkin for a very long time whereas they were staying for 10 weeks on the Gold Coast @ $800 per week and that after the 10 weeks they may have had a good holiday, but nothing lasting to show for it.

People all have different values and we shouldn't have to justify what we spend on a bag if we can afford it.

None of my family or friends has the slightest interest in H. I wore a scarf home last Christmas. My sisters knew what it was, but my mother asked me if I got it in TK Maxx!! I should have just said 'yes'!

Only my family is into H, my friends don't care much about it, some are anti brand in general, some are into other brands and I don't want any brand conflicts so I don't talk about it.. Most of my friends wouldn't recognize Hermes if you hit them in the head with a concrete orange capital H.

My family is super supportive of my addiction, as they are too. My SO loves hearing me talk H, he volunteers to visit the boutique with me if he has time. But friend-wise, only a handful. I'm glad they never judge and are always willing to listen :heart:

H at work:
I once gave an H tie to my boss. He got an H fan ever since.
Nobody else at work seems to know what H is.
So, I can carry my H bags to work peacefully. :flowers:

my friends think i'm crazy, but as women they understand. we're women and like to shop or pamper ourselves and if they use their money every two weeks to get nails, hair and spas done there is no way they could judge me for giving up all those things for my pleasure bag :smile:

I am a lv person and got interested in h recently. I did get h bags but I am sorta moving
back to lv. H is somewhat too high end and I am no where in that elite social circle where h is common and appreciated.

Nope, no one I know is really into Hermes. At law school, I see quite a few LVs (mostly Neverfulls and Speedies) and tons of Coach. At my new job (well, where I'll work once I graduate), the younger female attorneys generally carry Coach. My coworkers for the most part are married, with young kids, so it's understandable the focus more on providing for their families than luxury goods. I'm single though, so I'll be able to devote a nice portion of my paycheck to Hermes once I start working! :graucho:

I've only been on the Orange side for a couple of years but I have heard snarky comments from acquaintances regarding H prices. One lady at the club said with the amount I've spent in last few months, I could have bought a car. I just smiled politely and said DH just bought me a new car for our anniversary so I really didn't need one. I say to each his own!

I have two friends who appreciate H. One has a few peices herself. I don't talk about H or any high end fashion for that matter to anyone else. I don't volunteer information & I don't answer if I get asked about prices - it's rude & against my principle to be cornered into such conversations.

My DH appreciates H. He prefers that I save for H instead of spending on other
non-essentials.

No one in my office recognises H. I've recieved compliments, but that's just it. I accept graciously & say Thank You. One guy I worked with balked abit, but he no longer works with us :P

i've a very good friend whom i've known for years, he was shocked at the price but all he said was:

i can see it is very well made and i like how you say they will fix these things for life. if it makes you happy, it is money well spent.

aaah if only all friends are like that.

Well I have to say that i have friends that understand and friends that don't some of my understanding friends don't even buy Hermes bags but mostly many of them have migrated to Hermes since we share what we buy I have this wonderful friend that feels for evelynes the way I do about kellys and birkins another friend only buys the silk yet we all talk about it and the ones who dont and don't understand we just do not take into account as we know its mostly because they are a bit envious . So enjoy it yourself after all that's what it's for .