Do you wear your luxury watch every day?

I wear my JLC reveso everywhere, including just going to the grocery store in T-shirts, shorts and flip-flop. Most ppl don't know it is a lux watch from where I am.

I am thinking of getting another JLC master ultr thin or Patek Philippe Calatrava when I succeeded in loosing 15kgs as a motivator. :P i suppose i will do the same with either one. Never the type who will keep any stuff I love in the safe.

Hm, I suppose I'm in the minority on this one. I don't wear a watch daily. I wash my hands and forearms very frequently and thoroughly and come into close contact with people (thus, the obsessive hand-washing) so I don't want them or my watch to suffer. Also, obviously, in sterile situations you can't have a watch or any kind of jewelry in the field.

Definitely agree with the encouragements to use what you have though! :tup:

Congrats OP on the new purchase!

I can't leave the house without my 36mm Rolex Datejust in YG/SS with diamond bezel. I just got them late last year and it already has a lot of deep scratches on the YG part. But would I keep it in the box? NO. This sounds shallow but people just treat you better when you are wearing something that they can easily recognize as high-end.

@ aaa_1188 I don't think I would wear my Patek when I'm going to the grocery store though. :happydance:

Nope, I wear what matches my outfit. That being said, my Omega does not go with what I wear to football games, the gym, diving, the grocery store, etc. That's why I have a Tag for the ocean/sports, a Michael Kors for fashion, a couple of Movados for travel and A Philip Stein Fruitz for fun. I think it is okay to wear whatever watch you want everyday, but a watch is an accessory and it can really add to outfit.

I don't own a luxury watch but I can speak for my parents.
My mother owns a few luxury watches but she does not wear them everyday, in fact, I don't think she wears them all that much... my father, on the other hand, owns some Rolex watches, and I do know he's been wearing the same one for years! I've always seen him wearing it, he takes it everywhere! To work, to the gym, to the beach, to dinner... I guess it's his "casual" Rolex, if there's such a thing! For celebrations he wears another one - guess it's his "special" one. The rest stays in a box and hardly ever gets to see daylight.

Well, when my time comes to be the proud owner of luxury watches too, I'll wear them everyday :biggrin:

I wear my luxury watches to work, gym, shopping etc, spent $$ on these and I'm gonna wear the hell out of it! it did get a tab bit awkward when a male co-worker recognised my Rolex and commended on it, but hey....i worked hard for what i have, and I shouldn't feel ashamed about it.

No. I have several watches to match with the activities/events I attend. This summer I am thinking of not wearing a watch as I really do not like the tan lines on my wrist. It's bad enough my left arm is a little darker than my right from driving the kids all day.